PDA

View Full Version : Immolator ram?

BaronDG
07-11-2008, 13:17
Do you think the immolator ram is sufficient for a "counts-as" dozer blade? I am doubtful but if it's done consequently...

Doesn't the more recent codices talk about "rough terrain modifications" in general?

Sholto
07-11-2008, 13:21
EDIT: Completely misunderstood your question there. Unfortunately, I am now not clear what you question is. Can the Immolater take a dozer blade? Yes. Is your question about what to use to model it?

Sholto

BaronDG
07-11-2008, 13:32
Yes, I wonder if the ram is enough model-wise to count as a dozer-blade. I've seen several who leave the ram off so I guess it is not considered a vital part the rhino.

In the witchhunters codex they talk about dozer blades. In the guard codex they talk about rough terrain modification and I guess the ram could be enough for that. But now that I think about it, I'm inclined to say no...

Serpent
07-11-2008, 14:18
I use the ram as a Dozer Blade. I haven't faced an opponent yet who has a problem with this.

galahad67
07-11-2008, 14:45
I leave it off as I think it looks Extra stupid (as opposed to the organ gun, which merely looks stupid).

I don't have the ram on any of my 9 exorcists or 4 immolators.

Kroot Lord
07-11-2008, 15:41
9 Exorcists?

That was, uhm, useful...?

Chem-Dog
07-11-2008, 16:11
IIRC the IG codex is older than the WH one....
The IG codex simply says "Rough Terrain Modification" instead of dozer blade because of Sentinels, they'd look pretty dumb with a big shovel stuck to the front....

As for the question, yeah the Immolator spiky bits are fine as a dozer blade :)

freddythebig
07-11-2008, 16:41
Have a look at the link below for an example of a real life 'counts as a dozer blade or rough terrain mod' that was used in WWII during the breakout from the Normandy beaches.

http://www.battletanks.com/m5_lt_tank.htm

The Cullin device was originally a field modification that was used to help the tanks break through the high banked hedgrows of Normandy, in GW words 'difficult terrain'.

ctsteel
07-11-2008, 20:26
The immolator spikes could be used to push trees and shrubbery, rubble out of the way, so can be explained that way. It's an additional piece of the model that is optional to add on, so should be accepted as being a rough terrain mod if you've added that to the vehicle for the game. Much like track guards/extra armour can be represented in various ways simply by having the guard plates glued onto tank tracks, or they can not represent anything at all. It's all down to counts-as and informing your opponent before hand.

BaronDG
07-11-2008, 20:51
A very informative photolink, Freddy! With the IA2 update extra points might be spent...

the1stpip
07-11-2008, 20:53
The idea of a dozer blade is it can move obstacles out of the way. The sisters ram could move things out of the way, so yes.

Bunnahabhain
08-11-2008, 00:30
Doesn't the more recent codices talk about "rough terrain modifications" in general?
In the witchhunters codex they talk about dozer blades. In the guard codex they talk about rough terrain modification and I guess the ram could be enough for that. But now that I think about it, I'm inclined to say no...

Well done, you have managed to join the select few who have used the current Guard Codex as an example of a more modern/up-to-date book seriously. I believe the club has a badge somewhere...

On Topic, I agree the rhino ram bar spikes could be a rough terrain modification. Not a hedge cutter per se, but close enough....

ehlijen
08-11-2008, 00:55
Isn't the Razorback 'dozer blade' more or less just as small and tiny? And short of the new vindicator that was the only dozerblade that came with any space marine kit since the introduction of the new rhino?

I don't see the problem.