PDA

View Full Version : Diving back into Fantasy

Eldramesha
08-11-2008, 09:02
I last played Warhammer Fantasy in 2005 before the last FLGS in Atlanta proper died. Been thinking of at least diving back into the hobby part if nothing else. So that leaves the question of army.

As of right now, I have the following Skaven

60 Clanrats
5 Rat Ogres
4 or 5 Globadiers
5 or 6 Gutter Runners
1 of every type of possible command figure except Grey Seer.
1 Ratling Gun
1 Warpfire Thrower

I'd typically be running a list at 1000pts. I was rather infatuated with Rat Ogres for some reason and being 17 I didn't have a whole lot of sense as I've always tended to approach problems head on.

The decision I have to make is simple. I have a fair number of 40k models that I'll never use and I don't really want the Rat Ogres anymore as they do nothing but die or lumber along stupidly. Thus I can trade those either for more Skaven or trade the clanrats and such along with the rest for something entirely different.

I've been looking at Warriors of Chaos as I play Chaos in WAR, I have the Archaon on Foot model and I like painting armor. I've also been looking at Vampire Counts to some extent and Dark Elves. Chaos Dwarves might be a possibility but I'm not that keen on them at the moment.

At this stage its mostly a contest between Warriors and Skaven. The lack of models in WoC makes me a bit nervous as I'm not a massive fan of Marauders. On the other hand I do like the idea of having units that don't rely on SCR to win. Thoughts?

mrtn
08-11-2008, 10:26
I'd say keep your skaven, they will get a new armybook this spring, and it would be a bugger if you sold them now just to regret that in a couple of months. Keep the rat ogres as well, they may well get a buff in the new book, weak units usually do.

Personally I'm working on both WoC and skaven at the moment, so I'm not the best guy to help you choose between them. ;)

Duke Georgal
08-11-2008, 11:26
If you are looking at Warriors of Chaos, Rat Ogres make great spawn! Keep them, use them, and when the new Skaven book is released, they might be useful again.