PDA

View Full Version : Blood Knight Conversions

BigbyWolf
08-11-2008, 12:49
Having inherited a load of old plastic skeletons and horsemen I've decided to give VC a go. I'm currently making armour out of greenstuff to turn the horsemen into Black Knights, and want to convert something into Blood Knights (No offense to GW, but there's no way I'm paying £50 for 5 models!)

Does anyone have any suggestions for which plastic mounted models would be best for me to use as the base for the conversions?

Tzeentch Loyalist
08-11-2008, 13:07
Bretonnian or empire Knights, maybe even the new chaos knights with daemonette heads. I'm in the middle of coverting a vampire lord using the high elf dragon kit and daemonette heads... I still need to find decent legs for it.

richy376
08-11-2008, 13:12
The main problem would be the size of the Blood Knights, they really are massive. Having said that, if you are using the old skeleton horsemen they are pretty small in relation to most of GWs recent stuff. If I were converting some I'd probably go for Bretonnian Knights mixed with some Grave Guard parts, and the horses suitably 'deadified'. It should be relatively easy to work that into your army's theme too; isn't Mousillion Bretonia's undead hangout?

Shadowsinner
08-11-2008, 13:13
you could do what I did and try high ef dragon princes... its a little cheaper and usually you wont need more than 5 models anyway

Braad
08-11-2008, 13:17
I think if you want to keep it inexpensive, go with some kind of plastic bretonnia or empire knight.
Dunno if the new chaos ones are plastic, but those could be nice too.
Include some undead bits or so, and you're done.

I don't think a bit difference in size matters. No one will be measuring if yours are the 'correct' blood knight size.

BigbyWolf
08-11-2008, 13:24
Just wondering- not seen the Blood Knight minis up close yet...are they skeleton-loke (as the Black Knights are) or are they more....."fleshy"?

theunwantedbeing
08-11-2008, 13:38
It's only £8 per knight if you buy the box of them.
Hmm they're £50 for the unit of 5 plus command now.....still better than buying them individually which will cost you £60. I shall admit they are pricey though.

Chaos knights are the only ones that come close to blood knights, not just in size but shape, armour and spikeyness.
All the other stuff is much too small, Blood Knights are massive.

So that's a mere £2.40 per knight, rather than £8(£10 or £12 if you were silly enough to buy them seperately).

Black knight steeds are "fleshy".

I have a particular loathing for anyone using black knights or things that look like black knights, as blood knights as they are so very clearly not what they are supposed to be...its terribly proxying. Not to mention one annoying VC opponent would almost always do this as his actual blood knights (oh yes, he actually had the models!) were "too heavy to lug around in his case" (those are his words not mine) so he almost never had them with him.

Finnigan2004
08-11-2008, 13:50
The new chaos knights are way cheaper, and should be an easy conversion. I actually did buy the new blood knights, but I got them off ebay for less than half the price (not hard when the price is $110.00 for 5 Canadian plus tax). That said, I do really like the blood knight models; but the new chaos knights are $25.00 by comparison, so I know where you're coming from.

Duke Georgal
08-11-2008, 19:12
The attached picture shows what I did.

Sorry about the bad photo quality. I took it in a hurry to get this posted. I did not feel like digging out the photo stuff for a quick shot.

I used older Empire special characters, grand masters, and elector counts as my Blood Knights.

Now, my VC army is supposed to be a raised Empire army, so they fit in. My spirit hosts, grave guard, and zombies are all made with Empire components. Most units even carry Talebecland banners and wear red and yellow.

This was a difficult conversion. Removing the metal faces and replacing them with plastic skeleton faces was harder than I was expecting. Also, it is not cost effective. A couple of those models I paid dearly for, but I wanted special models for the Blood Knights. Simply converting them from regular knights did not seem fitting.

Rolo Ramone
08-11-2008, 20:50
Those Knight look pretty well, but I don´t like the skeleton steed, the look too fragile for Blood Knights, I think.

gorenut
08-11-2008, 21:01
If I were to play Vampire Counts, I'd make Blood Knights out of Dark Elf Cold One Knights and mount them on a barded steed.

Oberon
08-11-2008, 21:13
Those would be great black knights (about the same I did, and lot of other people too), but blood knights? No.
Black knights: skeleton in oldish heavy armour on a skeleton steed
Blood knight: a vampire of flesh and blood in a ornate spiky heavy armour on a heavily armoured steed of flesh and blood (generally).

The new plastic chaos knights would be perfect IMO, but then I'm at the moment building my own from them too so who am I to say :P Working out nicely, apparently my Von Carstein lord decided some of the chaos knights were worthy of a blood kiss after the storm of chaos after all...

Duke Georgal
08-11-2008, 22:38
Those would be great black knights (about the same I did, and lot of other people too), but blood knights? No.
Black knights: skeleton in oldish heavy armour on a skeleton steed
Blood knight: a vampire of flesh and blood in a ornate spiky heavy armour on a heavily armoured steed of flesh and blood (generally).

I took some better pictures (well, maybe a little better). One shows my Blood Knight next to a Black Knight. There is an obvious difference between the two on the battlefield.

My army is almost all older edition models. I have a Varghulf, and a Corpse Cart converted to a Balck Coach, but that is all. This being the case, my converted Blood Knights fit in with my army perfectly, but I do not think they would look proper in an army made of 7th edition figures.

Anyhow, as I stated earlier they most certainly ar not a cost effective way around purchasing the Blood Knights from GW. I just love the character of these old Empire Special Models that I could not use anymore. It just fits in well with what I already have.

BigbyWolf
08-11-2008, 23:39
The new plastic chaos knights would be perfect IMO, but then I'm at the moment building my own from them too so who am I to say :P Working out nicely, apparently my Von Carstein lord decided some of the chaos knights were worthy of a blood kiss after the storm of chaos after all...

I think it's very possible that some vampires have made it to the far North of the Empire and beyond, in fact I'm liking the idea so much that I'm going to base my army on that theme- a box of marauders and some zombie parts and you've got a Norse Zombies, maybe also mix in some Chaos weapons, standards etc in other units to give the army the theme...and of course some converted Chaos Knights if I decide to take Blood Knights. I'm not so hot on painting but love to convert things so this would give me the perfect opportunity to make some new models!

Duke Georgal- Nice work on your models too!

Oberon
09-11-2008, 11:00
Georgal: yes, I can see it now, there really is a difference. So let me rephrase: I think the biggest problem there is the steed, both of them have a skeletal steed, but the other has barding. Black knights have skeletal steeds with or without barding, blood knights have nightmares. Riders are well done, and I wouldn't of course object to seeing those on the field. It's just the steeds.

Cromenon
09-11-2008, 17:18
Why don't you just use the new WoC Knights? They're massive and require minor converting...

innerwolf
09-11-2008, 18:22
Why don't you just use the new WoC Knights? They're massive and require minor converting...

QFT. I think they would be an amazing base for the conversion and they are surprisingly cheap.

captaincortez
19-11-2008, 15:36
I'm working with Brettonian plastics at the moment. They will be Blood KNights for my "Red Duke" VC/Bret army.

pfishy98
19-11-2008, 19:29
man i know what you mean.......blood knights are the biggest rip-off ever made by GW......and from what ive seen, theyre not worth the points either
kinda dissappointed

Malorian
19-11-2008, 20:51
Come on guys, that's a LOT of metal in that box.

Not only that, but if you compare the $/points it's quite reasonable as well.

As far as conversions go, remember that they are suppose to be vampires and not skeletons or wights, to fleshy is the way to go.

The best option I see is the new chaos knights. I think khorne knights turned into vampires fits the bloodknights pretty well ;)

isidril93
19-11-2008, 21:33
i say use chaos knights or co knights with horses (maybe even mix the two)

xowainx
20-11-2008, 10:32
If you look on ebay there are some reputable (as far as their feedback goes) UK sellers selling them (brand new, sealed in box) for under £35 including postage.

Tomj8937
30-07-2010, 21:46
What im thinking of doing is undeading the cold one knights, just need to be good with a craft knife and green stuff, paint them black and red, maybe sculpt some tiny fangs on the riders. I mean i was also thinking of using the blood knights kastellian as my general as he looks beautify sculpted and with some hair will look a bit younger. :) Whatever you do hopes it works out for you.

the_picto
30-07-2010, 22:24
What I did, and this makes for incredibly cheap knights, was make strigoi style bloodknights by converting bloodletters to ride the current direwolf models. The heads were replaced with ghoul heads and the hell blades replaced with skeleton spears. Despite my crappy converting skills the end result was quite effective, just don't worry too much about the lack of armour. They're a little short though, so I modeled them leaping of grave stones and the like. So far I've had nothing but compliments.

£27-30 for a box of letters and a box of wolves (did wolves go up in price?) and you probably have spare weapons and heads left over from you core troops.

DaemonReign
30-07-2010, 23:24
First off, I don't think the GW bloodknights are that bad. I got that box of five and painted them for a friend of mine who plays VC and I had a blast with those models.

Secondly, if you want an alternative to GW's bloodknights check out the vamp-knights that GAMEZONE sells. That will not let you escape the price-tag of course, but the models are freaking beautiful. The only thing you need to convert on them would be adding lances.

The_Picto - I just gotta say.. Wow. That's creativity in a nutshell. I'd love to see a pic of those blod(letter)knights.

rodmillard
30-07-2010, 23:25
I'm going to be using the new Morghul knights from LOTR (I also play fallen realms for that, so they can do double duty if I drill & pin the bases). £20 for 6 - its worth looking outside of the warhammer box.

the_picto
30-07-2010, 23:46
The_Picto - I just gotta say.. Wow. That's creativity in a nutshell. I'd love to see a pic of those blod(letter)knights.

Apologies for the low quality image, but you get the idea. I'll get round to painting them one day.

Heafstaag
31-07-2010, 00:23
You should suck it up and buy the blood knights. They are absolutely amazing models, some of my favorite models ever. Sadly I had to sell mine, as I don't play VC anymore.

Darnok
31-07-2010, 01:52
Somewhere I've seen some nice conversion of Chaos Knights.

I think Chaos Knights combined with Grave Guard should do the trick. Just file off or greenstuff away the Chaos symbols, and convert away.

Waagghh_Logan
31-07-2010, 02:47
I'm in australia and they cost $150 for 5 guys. so if i were you i would use chaos knights, theyre cheap and are about as close as you will come to blood knights in size and look

Shamutanti
31-07-2010, 08:33
Blood Knights are ******* huge, fully metal and beautifully sculpted, packing more momentum and movement than any relevant plastic kit.

The only way to make them look good, in my view, would be to kit bash, but that would require 2/3 kits to make them.

So suck it up and buy the Blood Knights.

It's just because they are a boxed set people freak at the price. If they were flat blisters no one would bat an eye. GW is actually doing you a deal here.

Maelstorm
31-07-2010, 14:07
If you want to kit bash, try DragonPrinces, they have armour with dragon symbols, so it fits the fluff. Or, try Cold ones riders, and mount them on horses, pref with loads of barding.

Maybe HE DP on WoC Knights steeds? even if i think that the HE would be a bit..small for the chaos steeds.

Anyway, I would go with standars DP and paint them in red and gold, with some darker shading. They do not need to be bulky just because of their s5, they are vampires, which i belive should look slender.

taffeh
31-07-2010, 17:03
Blood Knights are ******* huge, fully metal and beautifully sculpted, packing more momentum and movement than any relevant plastic kit.

The only way to make them look good, in my view, would be to kit bash, but that would require 2/3 kits to make them.

So suck it up and buy the Blood Knights.

It's just because they are a boxed set people freak at the price. If they were flat blisters no one would bat an eye. GW is actually doing you a deal here.

I agree with my fellow Welshman on this.... some of the best models there, beautifully sculpted and worth every penny! I do not regret spending £50 on them and spent the time and dedication painting them to warrant the price tag - remember this is a hobby! These now serve as a centerpiece in my model cabinet for the VC army.

Try conversions - however with the amount of kits you would have to buy to make them not look like the originals, your bordering on the Blood Knight cost, or taking a poor-mans approach...

Save for a month or 2, dont buy a horde of minatures, then give the love and attention to the proper Blood Knights!

Col. Tartleton
31-07-2010, 19:25
Dark Elf Cold One Riders are the perfect models for them. Out of the box they already look like vampire knights riding on scary mounts.

Chaos Knights only need some superficial converting to remove the Chaos icons and put on some bat wings and skulls. They'll be better, but a bit harder to do.

But then I think the Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount minus the 8 point star painted green would be perfect as the green knight for Brettonia...

R-Love
01-08-2010, 04:54

This is an interesting point most people seem to miss. To prove it, let's look at some similar sized all metal cavalry models:*

Kurt Helborg: $40 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440090a&prodId=prod10002)
Marius Leitdorf: $35.75 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440090a&prodId=prod2020011)
Gorbad Ironclaw: $50 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440078a&prodId=prod840838)
Dark Elf Drealord: $30 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440048a&prodId=prod1360003)
Mannfred Von Carstein: $40 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440102a&prodId=prod1050091)

And for Blood Knights:
Individual model: $25 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440105a&prodId=prod1050087)
Box of 5: $110 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440105a&prodId=prod1050083)

So, examining these numbers, we can see that Blood Knights are an average of $15 less for a comparable size metal model from GW individually (Still $5 cheaper than the next cheapest listed), and you get an additional $15 off if you buy five at once (basically paying $22 per model instead)

So for GW prices, they're not hideously overcosted, and they actually give a discount for buying in bulk. The high tag makes them seem like they're more than they are, but if you have no problem paying regular GW prices (or GW prices with a flat discount (15% off say, as some stores do automatically)), you really can't complain about the blood angel prices :)

Though if you're just being cheap in general, there are some great conversions floating around the web :)

*All prices in CAD, though the ratios should be close wherever you live

Dark Elf Cold One Riders are the perfect models for them. Out of the box they already look like vampire knights riding on scary mounts.

Chaos Knights only need some superficial converting to remove the Chaos icons and put on some bat wings and skulls. They'll be better, but a bit harder to do.

But then I think the Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount minus the 8 point star painted green would be perfect as the green knight for Brettonia...

I'd actually disagree with this. The Chaos Knights have a large amount of detail on them, and most of it screams Chaos. Even if you don't mind the spikes and Daemonic Skulls (which don't really look right for Vampires), there are a large amount of Chaos Stars and similar you'd need to deal with, and you'd likely want new weapons and shields anyways, as well as possibly heads. Cold One Knights would work better if you like the idea of riding Cold Ones, but I'd recommend Brettonnian Knights personally, Seems they'd require far less work to look like Vampires (different paint scheme and modified head, really).

And Col. Tartleton, please tell me you mean Archaon and not this guy (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440108a&prodId=prod1550018). I suppose he could work, but he'd need a lot of work and his pose doesn't seem right for the Green Knight (As well as the fact his left arm is a tentacle :)). Though I've always loved the actual Green Knight, really

HeroFox
01-08-2010, 08:52
Dragon Princes for undead Elves?

I would just get the Mantic Games undead knights to be perfectly honest. They look fantastic.

jesusjohn
01-08-2010, 09:54
Try the gamezone mounted vampires.

DarkstarSabre
01-08-2010, 11:58
This is an interesting point most people seem to miss. To prove it, let's look at some similar sized all metal cavalry models:*

Kurt Helborg: $40 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440090a&prodId=prod10002)
Marius Leitdorf: $35.75 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440090a&prodId=prod2020011)
Gorbad Ironclaw: $50 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440078a&prodId=prod840838)
Dark Elf Drealord: $30 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440048a&prodId=prod1360003)
Mannfred Von Carstein: $40 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440102a&prodId=prod1050091)

And for Blood Knights:
Individual model: $25 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440105a&prodId=prod1050087)
Box of 5: $110 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440105a&prodId=prod1050083)

So, examining these numbers, we can see that Blood Knights are an average of $15 less for a comparable size metal model from GW individually (Still $5 cheaper than the next cheapest listed), and you get an additional $15 off if you buy five at once (basically paying $22 per model instead)

So for GW prices, they're not hideously overcosted, and they actually give a discount for buying in bulk. The high tag makes them seem like they're more than they are, but if you have no problem paying regular GW prices (or GW prices with a flat discount (15% off say, as some stores do automatically)), you really can't complain about the blood angel prices :)

Ah, but here's where this theory falls down. All those models you have listed for the sake of comparison are characters. Realistically you're not going to be expected to have more than one, perhaps two at most for their respective army. They are also centrepiece models as well and in the case of the majority, special characters. People do not balk at spending that amount of money once.

But Blood Knights are a unit. They're a unit with a minimum requirement for size and to be honest people may actually want a larger unit to make it stronger. The amount of money for the box, even divided down into individual blisters is just silly. Yes, they're all metal. But the thing is they are nearly twice the price of any other similar unit in any other army.

Let's look at another army with prohibitively expensive metal models in a Rare slot in comparison - Ogres.

Your box of Blood Knights is £50 for 5, or £12 for individual blisters from GW.
Your Ogre Maneaters are either £13.50 or £15 each.

For a minimal strength unit the Ogres come out cheaper.

High Elf Great Eagles are Rare and metal too. £15 each.
Daemons - £13.50 for Fiends of Slaanesh or £32.50 for the new plastic Bloodcrushers (3 of).

Do you see a pattern forming?

For a minimal strength unit Blood Knights are horrendously expensive. Yes, they are pretty. You could get away easily with just buyin one or two blisters and using them as characters to be honest. But as a unit they are far too prohibitive.

If you want a unit on Similar sized steeds you can easily kitbash for far less. Chaos Knights and Bretonnians provide suitable sized steeds that look right too. Dark Elf CoKs, HE Dragon Princes or even cut down Chaos Knights or Bretonnians look right.

And a kitbash of any of those is still cheaper than a single box of Blood Knights.

Darnok
01-08-2010, 18:56
Daemons - £13.50 for Fiends of Slaanesh or £32.50 for the new plastic Bloodcrushers (3 of).

Do you see a pattern forming? :eyebrows:

Before both units got their plastics, Seekers were actually not available at all - apart from hideously overpriced Ebay "deals". And don't get me started on the metal Bloodcrushers... :cries:

I won't defend the Bloodknights pricewise. I got a box as a present, and if I ever get them painted, I might add a single model or even two. They are way overpriced, I agree on that. But arguing their price with new, cheap plastic replacements for overpriced or non-available metals is... just wrong.

Sylass
01-08-2010, 19:17
Not sure if it's really that much cheaper (considering the amount of plastic boxes & time you'll need to do the conversions) but I used parts from a box of Chaos Knights, bret. Knights and Grave Guard to convert a single Blood Knight (it's a test miniature).

Of course I still need to get rid of the chaos symbols/icons on the barding of the horse, but all in all I think it looks ok. Far less dynamic than the GW Blood Knights or the ones from Gamezone but if you have these plastic boxes sitting on the shelf and collecting dust it may be worth a try... :o

The second set of pictures shows my first converted Black Knight. Again I used parts of the bret. Knights & Grave Guard and added bitz from a box of mounted Skeletons (Tomb Kings) & green stuff.

:)

Vandelan
01-08-2010, 19:39
Apologies for the low quality image, but you get the idea. I'll get round to painting them one day.

Could you please take a few more pictures of that?

That head works very well on that body... I am considering making an addition of sorts to my Slaaneshii army based on that.

Duke Georgal
01-08-2010, 19:45

But the mount is all wrong, and the riders are way to light and frail.

Not sure if it's really that much cheaper (considering the amount of plastic boxes & time you'll need to do the conversions) but I used parts from a box of Chaos Knights, bret. Knights and Grave Guard to convert a single Blood Knight (it's a test miniature).

Very nice! Once the chaos icons are gone I think you will have a winner.

DarkstarSabre
01-08-2010, 20:59
But arguing their price with new, cheap plastic replacements for overpriced or non-available metals is... just wrong.

Fiends of Slaanesh. Not Seekers of Slaanesh. And even the metal Bloodcrushers were cheaper than the Blood Knights to form a minimal strength unit, which is what this is all about really.

The comparisons are essentially of other units in the Rare slot that fulfil a similar role to the Blood Knights (being a fast moving, hard hitting brick).

That sir is beautiful. Right now. And works out to £53 if you were to up and buy the boxes. £3 more but you have a bucketload of spares which basically means if you were to buy one more box of Chaos Knights you'd easily be able to get away with 8 Blood Knights total (as only 8 Bret Knights in the box, 10 GG and 5 CKs per box).

8 Blood Knights for £58 with spares left over.
To buy 8 of the original Blood Knights you'd be looking at £86. Compared to that this is an absolute steal. Very nice too.

R-Love
02-08-2010, 03:15
Ah, but here's where this theory falls down. All those models you have listed for the sake of comparison are characters. Realistically you're not going to be expected to have more than one, perhaps two at most for their respective army. They are also centrepiece models as well and in the case of the majority, special characters. People do not balk at spending that amount of money once.

But Blood Knights are a unit. They're a unit with a minimum requirement for size and to be honest people may actually want a larger unit to make it stronger. The amount of money for the box, even divided down into individual blisters is just silly. Yes, they're all metal. But the thing is they are nearly twice the price of any other similar unit in any other army.

Let's look at another army with prohibitively expensive metal models in a Rare slot in comparison - Ogres.

Your box of Blood Knights is £50 for 5, or £12 for individual blisters from GW.
Your Ogre Maneaters are either £13.50 or £15 each.

For a minimal strength unit the Ogres come out cheaper.

High Elf Great Eagles are Rare and metal too. £15 each.

For a minimal strength unit Blood Knights are horrendously expensive. Yes, they are pretty. You could get away easily with just buyin one or two blisters and using them as characters to be honest. But as a unit they are far too prohibitive.

If you want a unit on Similar sized steeds you can easily kitbash for far less. Chaos Knights and Bretonnians provide suitable sized steeds that look right too. Dark Elf CoKs, HE Dragon Princes or even cut down Chaos Knights or Bretonnians look right.

And a kitbash of any of those is still cheaper than a single box of Blood Knights.

The problem is that looking at the minimum size of a unit is a horrible way of looking at how much it should cost. In a perfect world, the rules of a model should have nothing to do with it's price - hence me using models of a similar size, which would logically cost a similar amount to make. Similarly, you can't compare the price of a plastic model to that of a metal, as they require different manufacturing costs, and plastic is cheaper than metal (Even for GW, this is normally the case). I can't comment on the Great Eagles, but a Blood Knight is not that much smaller than an Maneater, yet is still cheaper, and is considered the worse deal.

If you must use unit sizes for comparison, it is likely better to use effective unit sizes, rather than minimal. A single Maneater is not a great choice, a unit of three is likely roughly comparable to five Blood Knights, and is not massively cheaper (four costs more). A unit of 15 metal infantry is almost the same price, yet I don't hear people whining about their cost nearly as often.

And most importantly, I really only did this because I was curious to see if Shamutanti would be right in his guess (I won my mental bet, being disagreed with within 5 posts, yet it was done politely, which I wasn't expecting. So thank you for that :) Always irritates me when people can't show civility, even on the Internet). It goes back to what I said before: Blood Knights are no more a rip off than a similar sized metal model from GW. Whether or not GW's prices are a rip off to begin with is another matter entirely :D

Darnok
02-08-2010, 04:44
Fiends of Slaanesh. Not Seekers of Slaanesh. And even the metal Bloodcrushers were cheaper than the Blood Knights to form a minimal strength unit, which is what this is all about really.

The comparisons are essentially of other units in the Rare slot that fulfil a similar role to the Blood Knights (being a fast moving, hard hitting brick).

Sorry, you got me in the first part. :shifty:

But I still disagree on the premise marked bold. What if other armies don't have such a unit? What if unit X needs to be only three models strong? You should compare similar models, not units. Massive metal models, roughly cavalry sized. Thanks to GWs plastic strategy there is not a whole lot to compare to, and it is all damn expensive. But I don't see the Bloodknights standing out all that much. And this is what it is all about really.

Lordsaradain
02-08-2010, 07:47
Plastic Blood Knights:
WIP photos:
http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0044aj4.jpg
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6977/img0045tr4.jpg
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2553/img0047is6.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5941/img0046hx5.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6372/img0043wc3.jpg
Finished:
http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg0027fe0.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg0026ir0.jpg
They are made from plastic empire knights, with dark elf torsos and heads, bretonnia lances, with dark elf speartips and sheilds. The "wings" on the back of their helmet comes from a plastic bretonnia knight head.
The banner comes from chaos warriors, the skulls from a marauder banner and the dragon on top from the helmet of the old elector count on griffon.
The champion is weilding an empire militia greasword. The spikes on the horses legs are tips cut of dryad arms and stuff.