PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to the new Chaos Warriors set?

Pavic
09-11-2008, 03:58
So, I was pondering models that GW needs to release for WoC, when I recalled that there was a picture of a new chaos warrior released. I went back through the rumors thread, and sure enough, there it was.

So, what happened with this model? Are Chaos Warrios going to come out in a second wave? I simply can't imagine this would would happen when the new battalion box has been set for release and GW took the effort to make the 2H weapon and Halberd sprues for the current warriors.

loveless
09-11-2008, 04:05
I think the Chaos Warrior you're thinking of was a green one that I posted a picture of (if not, sorry).

That was a one-off, unreleased miniature. It'll probably show up in the Collector's range at some point.

There will be no new plastic Chaos Warriors.

Pavic
09-11-2008, 04:07
That is indeed the model I am talking about.

Just wanted to make sure not to expect new warriors before I drop a load of cash on the Warrior of Chaos Horde box set that is coming out.

Da Boyzz
09-11-2008, 10:31
:O A one off warrior? was it a character?

Art Is Resistance
09-11-2008, 10:53
Haven't the WOC sprues been recut though? The ones in the Cabinet at WhW seem to have more options for heads than the previous ones..?

Gazak Blacktoof
09-11-2008, 11:21
Those heads a probably from the knight sprue.

CircUs_1943
09-11-2008, 11:36
Lately I've been wondering the same thing. Where are those sprues? :p

loveless
09-11-2008, 22:42
No recut sprues - just using bits from the other Chaos models to show that they all fit together (which was the plan all along).

The one-off was just an Exalted Hero/Chaos Lord on foot model.

Phoenix Blaze
09-11-2008, 22:58
Regarding the great weapons and halberds, those are being released as bitz packs, they're metal. And no, they will not make your models topple over. Whoever thinks this evidently doesn't know how to build models properly or has any sort of reconning about weight/mass/forces/physics/blah.

I do hope we see that one off chaos warrior soon, he was cool.

And about the knight bits, yeah, I'll be mixing the other parts into the warrior and maybe marauder sprue. Warrior/knight heads on marauders looks great!

Also, I noticed that the armour design on the arms of the knights just cries out for them to be uses on chaos space marines! Again, it shall be done!

Luthor
10-11-2008, 10:58
Anyone have a picture of this Chaos Warrior or where I can find one?

Shamfrit
10-11-2008, 11:58
Regarding the great weapons and halberds, those are being released as bitz packs, they're metal. And no, they will not make your models topple over. Whoever thinks this evidently doesn't know how to build models properly or has any sort of reconning about weight/mass/forces/physics/blah.

I do hope we see that one off chaos warrior soon, he was cool.

And about the knight bits, yeah, I'll be mixing the other parts into the warrior and maybe marauder sprue. Warrior/knight heads on marauders looks great!

Also, I noticed that the armour design on the arms of the knights just cries out for them to be uses on chaos space marines! Again, it shall be done!

Way ahead of you there Phoenix, you're right, they look awesome on marines :D

EvC
10-11-2008, 12:20
Yet again, this was a case of someone seeing a model, and then inventing a rumour that new model types are on the way. Would be nice if it were released, direct only would be fine...

Urgat
10-11-2008, 12:45
On page 15 of the latest white dwarf, there's a picture which, if I remember the "green" cw correctly, is that very chaos warrior with horns added to his helmet. It's a mini to be offered for the french games day 2009.

loveless
10-11-2008, 15:22
Anyone have a picture of this Chaos Warrior or where I can find one?

Check the Rumor Roundup. I think he's still in there.

As to it being released as a Games Day mini...well, that makes me sad. I loathe trying to get those models off of eBay.

Phoenix Blaze
10-11-2008, 15:42
Well at least it's good to see the GD miniature being a cool looking chaos warriors than yet another space marine.

loveless
10-11-2008, 16:08
Well, the last US one was a (relatively cool) Space Marine, but before that it was an Orc, and before that it was a Daemon Slayer...so I don't think Space Marines are overly common.

However, I do appreciate the Chaos Fantasy love. And at least it's something that there are already plenty of models for (i.e. Chaos characters) as opposed to something that there are near no models for. Imagine the irritation if they had released a Tzeentch Daemonic Herald at the GD mini :p

I still think they should just put the Chaos Warrior in the Collector's Range - if nothing else than for the non-EU countries.