PDA

View Full Version : High Elves Opinions

Lazarus15
09-11-2008, 08:32
Greetings! I have always loved the lore and arrogance of the High Elves. :cool:

I currently have a large Daemons Army and a Large Tomb King Army, and am looking to expand with High Elves. All of my armies are themed thus far, and I want to continue for the most part. I am looking for a more all around army next. I have one magic heavy army, one that is predominantly chariots...I am again looking for a big change. I like the idea of a beefy lord leading his army to battle, so a Star Dragon is a must in my 2250 list. I envision a block or two of core troops (spearmen?), at least one block of sword masters (love the lore, models, and rules), probably some bolt throwers (never used them), and a lion chariot etc.

Judging by the above statements, what experience do you guys have with what is successful, what is not, and other pros/cons on the above statements. Thanks guys!

Mullitron
09-11-2008, 08:52
Well apparently this years uk grand tournament winner was high elves and took this list so its definatly viable to take a lord on dragon. hope it helps.

Lord on star dragon vambraces, gem of courage, armour of caledor, lance

2 x 10 lothern sea guard (one inc std & war banner all with shields)

Unit of 9 dragon princes std + BSB lion std and world dragon banner

Mage level 1, 2 x scrolls

Lion chariot

3 reapers

Lazarus15
09-11-2008, 09:37
I am thinking 2250 points limit, which I assume that's what they used at UK GT. That doesn't seem like a whole lot, however, 9 dragon princes are pretty expensive.

Condottiere
09-11-2008, 11:32
The Star Dragon and the DPs were to ensure that opponents could only knock out one unit at best before contact, and at worst, two slightly wounded heavy hitters attacked. The Lion Chariot probably provided medium support to either unit that survived.

NecronBob
09-11-2008, 13:09
Last night I played this 2250 list:

Lord on Star Dragon
Mage scroll caddy
BSB with Battle Banner
2 x 10 Seaguard
9 Dragon Princes
2 x Lion Chariots
Tironac Chariot
2 Bolt Throwers
2 Eagles

I massacred a Brettonian list and nearly massacred an Empire Steam Tank list. I found that the pieces synergyzed very well with each other, and it was a very fun list to play. I'm not so sure it was fun for my opponents, so it'll be a while before I take it again. Just something to consider.