PDA

View Full Version : Did they ever make "Kage" model?

jason_sation
09-11-2008, 11:05
As in the Last Chancer second in command? Is there any artwork featuring him?

Malen Kharn
09-11-2008, 15:47
No miniature, and as far as i know no images, although I'm sure i read a pretty detailed description of him in a short story, in a WD i think. I'm afraid i cant tell you which issue at the moment though, sorry.

TheOneWithNoName
09-11-2008, 15:49
Wouldn't it stand to reason that the figure featured prominently on all the Last Chancer novel covers is Kage? Unless you're asking for other artwork...

olmsted
09-11-2008, 15:52
catachan officers seem to fit the bill quite well

Getifa Ubazza
09-11-2008, 16:06
catachan officers seem to fit the bill quite wellYea, Thats what i used for mine.

the1stpip
09-11-2008, 17:30
Wasn't there a Kage model? Wasn't he the Commissar? There were certainly rules for him when they released the boxed set, but whether it looks anything like him, I really don't know.

Kalec
09-11-2008, 18:34
The Last Chancers are led by Colonel Schaeffer, who has a model. Kage is his second-in-command and the main character of the novels.

Alessander
09-11-2008, 18:59
They made a miniature for all the original last chancer models, ox, rocket girl etc. This was back when each last chancer was a special character with their own rules.

Check Ebay, they are selling the 12-model "last chancers" set with pics of all the models, one of them is Kage, i'm sure.

FraustyTheSnowman
09-11-2008, 21:11
I've got the box with "all" the last chancers, and none of them strike me as Kage...

Grimmeth
09-11-2008, 21:23
I always thought the Commissar looking one was originally touted as Kage, however, after a quick t'interweb search I found:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gobstyks.co.uk/images/Projects/Area-51/a51-Image8.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gobstyks.co.uk/Projects/WH-51/a51-last-chancers.htm&h=146&w=139&sz=4&hl=en&start=4&usg=__IJObOCdLP185p_YtwkbR-3Y8-6I=&tbnid=1qBqZDTHCLuBuM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=90&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlast%2Bchancers%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%2 6sa%3DG

Which says that it's not...
There were, however, a few very limited released of favourite black library characters (such as Gaunt etc) - there could have been a Kage model with those?

BladeWalker
10-11-2008, 01:37
The "driver" model from the Last Chancers box set seems to fit Kage to me... at least that's how I played it.

the_sheriff
10-11-2008, 02:23
in the box you got schaeffer, hero, ox, brains, demolition man, shiv, scope, grease monkey, fingers, animal and warrior women. after ready the last chancers novels, all of these models seem to represent certain characters throughout the series. but i think that none of them resemble the nighty kage, which is a shame as the novels are based on his visions.
they should make a kage model and bring back the last chancers with there own rule set. much more fun.

BladeWalker
10-11-2008, 02:37
in the box you got schaeffer, hero, ox, brains, demolition man, shiv, scope, grease monkey, fingers, animal and warrior women.

Grease Monkey is the one I was talking about, he fits Kages wargear in the Codex so I always used him. Thanks for looking it up I didn't want to try to remember where that box set was. ;)

the_sheriff
10-11-2008, 02:44
no probs. didnt need to look it up hough they stare me right in the face all day. have them all sitting on my desk. personally i thnk they are the best models ever made. not just miniture wise but the whole back ground of them.

devik
10-11-2008, 03:30
no probs. didnt need to look it up hough they stare me right in the face all day. have them all sitting on my desk. personally i thnk they are the best models ever made. not just miniture wise but the whole back ground of them.

I agree. I saw the box on a shelf in a LGS several years ago... now I regret not buying it. They were already OOP by a few years when I saw them there, I think...

Temprus
10-11-2008, 04:58
They are back again as code 99110105133 @ $35.00 US.

I am using the two of the new Commissars as Schaeffer and Kage.

olmsted
10-11-2008, 05:59
the commissar in the box is hero. he was disgraced for i think either disregarding orders to punish people or killing a higher officer or something. its been years since i read any of those books.

Devil Tree
10-11-2008, 06:14
As I recall, Hero was an officer who refused to order his men into a pointless and suicidal attack.

GavT
10-11-2008, 11:02
Hi,

There has never been a model for Lieutenant Kage, although for people looking to convert one the covers would be a good start. Kage never even had rules until the last edition of the IG codex (I've always been wary of 'solidifying' a novel character with game rules).

None of the models are meant to exactly correspond to characters in the novels, although there are obvious overlaps. There have been any number of Last Chancers over the years, just a few of which have been featured in the books. The nicknames of the original Last Chancers were meant to show that they models could be used for anybody really.

The first models came out after 13th Legion, so there are no nicknames in that book. I decided to have a sideways nod to some of the models and nicknames in the game for Kill Team, including Hero.

Cheers,

GAV

Sir_Turalyon
10-11-2008, 11:18
Bear in mind that Kage seems to change between uniforms / equipment in books, depending on nature of mission / latest desertion attempt. Anything from converted Catachan officer to Mordian officer in too small jacket could do in right conditions. And in Kill Team, where some Last Chancers with nicknames of miniatures appear, Kage is described as analogue of Animal for a moment... were it not for melta, Animal would make a great Kage mini.

Latro_
10-11-2008, 11:38
the sly marbo model would make a good Kage model, maybe with a converted hat.