PDA

View Full Version : Cadians with elysian gasmasks? and cc guards?

Chaos Warlord
20-11-2008, 19:58
Hey! i was thinking about converting cadians with elysian helms with respirators from forgeworld, are there anyone else who has had this idea and seen it through? or any other optional helmets / rebreathers?

also i was rather curius if there was any way to make the guards more cc oriented? with any of the the imperial armour books perhaps?
i realise that guards will suck against a chaos warlord or ork warboss either way, but to make them atleast a little bit moore fighty or atleast the heroic senior officer worthy of atleast some respect would be awesome!

i must confess, death korps of krieg is what i would prefer, but at 34 for a 10-man squad its a bit over what i am willing to pay, even for GW's most outrageus prizes...

thanks for any replies

//regards

ctsteel
20-11-2008, 21:54
You can buy respirator heads from Pig Iron (http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/order.htm)

Guard can be given CCW as a doctrine, other than that I'm not sure about beefing their combat ability

Commissar Masyk
20-11-2008, 22:36
If you want CC-oriented guard, well... I'm not sure what to tell you, honestly.

Guard use a human statline, which is quite frankly weak compared to every other army in the game. Even with overwhelming numbers we still suck in CC, especially under 5th's close combat resolution rules. Guard suck in CC against everybody, and expensive wargear and doctrines don't make it any better. We're just designed to be a shooty army, not a stabby one.

If you want a krieg look you could do what I (and most non-rich people do) and use the plastic GW cadians with pig iron kolony militia heads, they look quite good.

jb85
20-11-2008, 22:39
I assume you have seen these fellas?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/cadresp.htm

The Highlander
20-11-2008, 22:44
You can give guardsmen the hardened fighters doctrine, not muck good on normal troops but very useful on the command squads. Having an officer with a power fist hitting SM on a 3+ is always fun.

Shangrila
20-11-2008, 22:45
I have the 20 cadians with respirators. there awesome.I wanted all my guard to have them but i could get a huge krieg army instead and am now doing that.

vman
21-11-2008, 06:27
i just spent a packet on respirators a few days ago for some cadians im looking at starting... i have 30 heads coming in so i figure il do 20 shock troops, and save the other heads for heavy weapons support teams.

its a nice idea, changing all of the heads on the guard figures... cos lets face it... the human face is an ugly thing when not made properly :D