PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to be allowed to use Forgeworld units in the Warseer tournament?

Bruen
26-11-2005, 08:24
Oops, the second option was meant to exclude Flyers as well.
Please consider option 2 to be "Yes, but allow only those FW units without structure or mass points. No flyers allowed."

This poll came out of a response by Lavfluris in this (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14927&page=3) thread.

starlight
26-11-2005, 08:54
Bear in mind the chances of me actually attending run somewhere between 1% and 0%.:(

I went with *no structure/mass/flyers* for simplicity.

However, part of me says anything goes, mostly because FW stuff is *so* overpriced (points-wise) that if someone *wants* to waste the points I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Lavfluris
28-11-2005, 18:58
*watches thread intently*

:angel:

Bruen
28-11-2005, 19:32
I thought you might be interested :) I like FW in moderation and would like to use my FW models more but if everyone else hates FW then I can live with that.

For the record I voted for option 2.

Cloud Runner
28-11-2005, 21:20
To be honest, I voted for option 3 for one reason, and one reason alone.

By eliminating the use of FW rules, it ensures that everyone is 'on a level playing field' so to speak.

Some people out there (and I don't only mean those of us with 'real' snotlings aka babies) don't have readily available access to FW rules, which means players could suddenly find themselves up against something they've never heard of (Kroot big bird!!) that uses a lot of complex rules eg Guard battle cannon ammo types, which proceeds to slow down gameplay as the players have to find the rules and then interpret them.

Suddenly a 6 turn game becomes a 3 turn game.

And at £55 per rulebook it's not worth it.

Also, don't forget that by allowing the use of FW-only rules units, there may well be a tendancy for players to leave certain armies at home, because they don't have the FW support (Necrons anyone?)

So, the use of FW models to stand-in or 'counts as' I think should be allowed.

But the use of FW rules? Not for me.

[/endrant]

Phew, sorry about that, but we have a guy at our club that has a tendancy to use FW armoured co rules, and it ends up with only the Necron players wanting to play him, either because they don't know what the units can do, or they're bred of it's 1-dimensional gameplay.

And interestingly, he nevers accepts a Necron opponent ;)

starlight
28-11-2005, 21:30
Perhaps I was mistaken, but I assumed that this was about FW *rules* not the *models*. That's why I voted *no structure/mass/flyers* because they are generally the ones with the fancy *rules*. Limiting it to a few aberations shouldn't make a difference, since a Squiggoth is no more/less confusing than my totally legal *Harlequin* DE Wych Cult or my SoB with their Faith Points.

Having FW *models* (HellHound/Immolator/Land Raider) instead of the basic GW should be fine. However dropping in the big War Machine equivilants isn't right for a tournament. I'm sticking with *no structure/mass/flyers*. However, since I'm likely not going, who cares what I have to say.:D

When *is* the Warseer tournament anyways?:o

Bruen
28-11-2005, 21:43
This is about rules, however ther are some models that only have FW rules.
Examples would be Tau Tetras, Mortis Dreadnaughts, varient Chimera turrets etc.

I cannot imagine anyone objecting to models that are a direct replacement for GW plastics and metals.

starlight
29-11-2005, 01:01
I don't see problems with variant weapons load-outs (turrets/Dread arms) but I *can* understand the concerns with whole new models (Tetras and such).

Personally, the impact that they are likely to have isn't something that should even come up.:rolleyes: But then, I'm not competitive and would rather get a chance to see the fancy models even if my lack of understanding cost me a game.

Seriously folks, it's a *GAME* played with *TOYS*.:eyebrows: I've played games against FW Squiggoths and lost horribly, but had a blast because it's all up to the people involved.

Lavfluris
29-11-2005, 09:25
Just so everyone is aware, Forgeworld models representing Codex units and vehicles have always been allowed in my events.

Cypher
29-11-2005, 12:05
I use FW rules and models in all my armies, and at most events I attend. While warmachines shouldnt be allowed (being far too powerful, and not much fun in smaller games) and neither should the extra detailed rules (such as the aforementioned custom battlecannon ammo), I can say with great confidence there's nothing wrong with the standard units that make up the bulk of the IA books, and in most cases they are existing vehicles with different outfits, with the odd special rule from time to time. They certainly dont have a negative effect on the game.

Lavfluris
07-12-2005, 17:29
I think itís time to end the voting after two weeks. Although fifty per cent of you would like to see FW vehicles used in the next event, this will not necessarily be the case. Iíll bear in mind the comments and the end results of the poll when I come to make my decision.

Thanks. :)

Chaos and Evil
22-12-2005, 10:08
I came here too late to vote, but I would have voted number two, since I'd like to bring my Elysian guardsmen to a tourney :rolleyes:

Lavfluris
22-12-2005, 15:29
I have decided that the next event will not use FW rules of any sort. However, FW models are as always allowed to represent Codex models and units.

Future events will allow the use of FW units and vehicles, with the exception of the obvious ones.

Bruen
03-01-2006, 13:54
Fair enough :)