PDA

View Full Version : Building the medieval city

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Tabletop World
04-01-2009, 09:15
Hello friends,
we are couple of enthusiasts who, back in 1997, started to create scenic pieces for our own gaming table. As time passed, our skills evolved and the projects became more and more complex and challenging. We decided to undertake a big project of building entire city.
When constructing buildings, we always want them to look as close to a real life as possible. We are actually building our stone walls, stone by stone, as in real life. It's very time consuming, but worth the effort. It's the only way to achieve the natural look of a stone wall!

For starters, here is our first model: Guard Tower (height: 38cm; width: 12cm)

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/GuardTower.jpg

It's made of stone, wood and GS, then molded in silicone rubber and cast in resin.

Here are some WIP pictures:

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/wip.jpg

We are working on some other projects like Medieval Inn, Blacksmith, BellTower...

Coments and sugestions are very welcome to keep us going ;)

Tabletop World

malika
04-01-2009, 14:30
Wow, that's really cool! An entire city huh? For some reason I don't know that project would ever be completed since...well a city is huge! It would mean hundreds of buildings and streets. Can't wait to see more of this though...very inspiring stuff!

Braad
04-01-2009, 15:01
Interesting... And pretty!

How do you make the stones?

75hastings69
04-01-2009, 16:47
Absolutely beautiful!!!!

How did you manage to get hold of those stones? did you have to shape them all yourselves? What adhesive do you use to place them? ...... so many questions!!!

I'd love to see more pics, even just different angles.

Good luck with the rest of the city, if the other buildings are half as good as this it will be fantastic!!!!

N810
05-01-2009, 01:24
Woah I really like that you have used real stone blocks,
your quality materials really pays off.
it looks very architecturally and historically correct, something
I often see lacking in gaming terrain.
the wooden battlements and roof look great.

PS you got to tell me there you got those stone blocks. :D

Tabletop World
05-01-2009, 09:22
Thank you all for great comment :)

I don't know that project would ever be completed since...well a city is huge! It would mean hundreds of buildings and streets.

Yes, that's true but, since this may become more than a hobby I hope it will be done :cool:

How do you make the stones?

How did you manage to get hold of those stones? did you have to shape them all yourselves? What adhesive do you use to place them?

it looks very architecturally and historically correct...
...PS you got to tell me there you got those stone blocks.

The stones...:D...well, you take a stone tile, a pair of pliers and make every single little stone to fit your needs :) Very, and I mean VERY time consuming. But as N810 said, we put much effort in realism and there's no way one could carve such realistic stone out of clay or some other material.

We glue the stones togeather with hot glue gun (silicone sticks)

Thanx again for great comment

Tabletop World

P.S. Update soon: Medieval Inn

75hastings69
05-01-2009, 09:48
The stones...:D...well, you take a stone tile, a pair of pliers and make every single little stone to fit your needs :) Very, and I mean VERY time consuming.

NO WAY!!!!!! My hat is off to you sir for your dedication and your skills. Where do you get the stone tiles?

The finished effect is simply stunning and rightly so after all the effort you've put in!

P.S. Update soon: Medieval Inn

I can't wait!!!

malika
05-01-2009, 10:48
Here's an idea. Couldn't you try to cast some of those stones? Now you're making one stone at a time which will take you forever when building a house. What about making a few stones and then cast them? This way you could produce stones at a faster rate!

Tommygun
05-01-2009, 11:16
Cast stone will not look as real though.
The final model looks like you painted the stone gray?
It may the lighting in the picture.
Unpainted stone would look much more real.

malika
05-01-2009, 11:42
Yes, but this would mean that building a city would take centuries, unless they find a way to make stones a bit faster. Maybe find some kids in the neighbourhood who cut the stones while you put them together.

Tabletop World
05-01-2009, 13:53
Here's an idea. Couldn't you try to cast some of those stones?

Yes we could, but there's a problem. When I need a stone that is different than the ones casted, I cannot brake one in half cause than you can see it's made of plastic. I would need tousends of different casted stones so I can find one for every spot.
Trust me I put much effort in trying to find easier solution, but all I think of is just a compromise, and isn't as good. :)

The final model looks like you painted the stone gray? Unpainted stone would look much more real.

Yes, but the painted model is made of resin, not the real stone. Only the prototype is made of real stone.

malika
05-01-2009, 14:52
Hmm, then I think you need to find people to help you out cut the stones. I assume you use a single size as a basis and break bits of yourself when constructing right? So what about having a bunch of people break the stones for you in the workable sizes and all you need to do then is take small bits of when needed to. I think that could save you a lot of working time.

But yeah...first you would have to find people who would want to be cutting little bricks for days end! :P

What about casting parts of buildings? Or using some buildings over and over? I mean you would for example have a tower shaped building, but add small different bits to it to make it a completely different building, kind of like what you did with your tower. :)

Tabletop World
05-01-2009, 16:41
There are two of us, so one breaks the stone in small blocks and other builds.

Here is our Town Square:

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/townsquare.jpg

Of course, the original model was made of real stones.

Thanks to the modular system, you can build Town Square as large as you want.
You can also build straight roads.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/PC286337copy.jpg

Comments & critics are always welcome.

N810
06-01-2009, 00:30
Nicely done I realy like how you did the town square. :D
It looks as good as the origional when painted. :eek:

Ghod
06-01-2009, 00:52
Man thats some damn fine stonework you've got going there

Really really good

Like better than Ghandi good...

static grass
06-01-2009, 16:54
holy smoke! When you say "you" do you mean "we"? So are you taking commissions?

Tabletop World
07-01-2009, 08:42
Thank you for your nice words N810 & Ghod!

holy smoke! When you say "you" do you mean "we"? So are you taking commissions?
Yes, we do. ;)
If interested, contact us via e-mail.

bugbait_nz
08-01-2009, 05:09
Very realistic, I guess thats what you get when you use real building materials, very nice.

Bugbait out

Wolf Scout Ewan
08-01-2009, 13:16
Oooh what kind of clippers do you use to cut up the tile? What thickness of tile?

mattjgilbert
08-01-2009, 13:40
Amazing stuff, I can't wait to see more of this. It's inspirational.

Morglum Necksnapper
08-01-2009, 20:57
Very very great!!!

LordWhiteWolf
09-01-2009, 10:15
wow this is amazing stuff. A great attention to detail

EmperorNorton
09-01-2009, 13:45
I like that Town Square a lot.

If you were to set up a proper online store you'd have my business.

Tabletop World
09-01-2009, 18:55
Wow, thank You people very much for such great comments.

Oooh what kind of clippers do you use to cut up the tile? What thickness of tile?

We use pliers for cutting wire, thickness of stone tiles depends on which stone do you need (corner stone, window side, small gap filler...). Generally, tiles are between 1mm and 1 cm thick.

I like that Town Square a lot.

If you were to set up a proper online store you'd have my business.

Well, sorry for that. Our site is under construction and it will be finished soon. Than you can feel free to order as much as you want :D For now, you can contact us through our e-mail.

Satan
10-01-2009, 10:44
Highly inspirational. Can't wait to see your site finished. NEED that town square. Will be following this very closely.

Crazy Harborc
10-01-2009, 19:21
Stone by stone......THAT is craftmanship!! I was/am VERY impressed. The stonework DOES look real. Those paving stones just cry out for a scattering of bodies. The tower's top would be a great place to store/hang those excess prisoners in need of an airing.:D

Cpt. Drill
10-01-2009, 21:58
You are truely artizans of your craft! Your work makes me green with envy...

Please post more as it is incredible!

Do you happen to make any 10mm terrain at all?

The tower's top would be a great place to store/hang those excess prisoners in need of an airing.:D

Bravo sir! I have sprayed lemon juice from my nose all over my screen... I look forward to you coming to clean it...

Welf VIII.
10-01-2009, 22:03
Your really doing a very good job here.

Love to see more.

Crazy Harborc
11-01-2009, 23:57
Hiiieeee Cpt. Drill......:D Gee, sorry to hear about your fire hose nosing of your PC screen.
When I have those/these thought I MUST get them out of my head. Once I say/type and submit them, the thoughts are gone from my old grey cells.

That cat and the maiden do help to establish scale. I really, really LIKE the tower.

Did I mention the tower??;)

Braad
12-01-2009, 08:34
Well, sorry for that. Our site is under construction and it will be finished soon. Than you can feel free to order as much as you want :D For now, you can contact us through our e-mail.

Keep us updated on that site. I would be very interested in visiting, especially since I want to develop a bit more urban stuff for my games.

I got to say, I'm getting more impressed every time I look.

BattleofLund
13-01-2009, 00:48
On one hand, I think you need your heads examined for doing this. :)

On the other hand, I wish to emulate your work, so probably I need my head examined too. :o

It looks absolutely stunning either way.

Theomar Pius
13-01-2009, 01:30
Fantastic work, but you knew that already.

W0lf
14-01-2009, 13:48
simply incredible.

Tabletop World
17-01-2009, 17:15
First of all, massive thanks to all of you for your big support!!

Our Medieval Inn is finally ready to be shown.
We didn't want to go for the massive Inn 'cause huge buildings often turn out to be useless on the battlefield.
For the base we used our Town Square.

Here is our finished model (cast in resin and painted):
Comments & criticism are more than welcome.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/MedievalInn-1.jpg

N810
17-01-2009, 21:00
Woah Frikin' Awesome :eek:

Crazy Harborc
18-01-2009, 00:38
M7-11 said it first. Okay, make that N810.:)

THAT is a VERY nice model. I can see a future for your models. I suggest checking for how many 2009-10 conventions you guys can expose your products at. A goodly supply of "buy it nows" for the conventions will be a need to have.....Good luck.

nyys
18-01-2009, 01:54
Wow, this stuff is beyond incredible.

Morglum Necksnapper
18-01-2009, 01:58
Very very cool!!!!

Theomar Pius
18-01-2009, 02:46
That is excelent work. Are the shudders hinged?

Ghod
18-01-2009, 03:21
Jiminy Cricket!!!

Looks great and I love all he little details, gives it character
(where did you get that cat by the way, or is it self sculpted?)

If I could make a suggestion that would fill me with joy and happiness?...

Any plans for Mordheim terrain?? go on you know you want to :D

Braad
18-01-2009, 08:29
Mine?

Looking great again! Excellent detail on it.
Is that a 28mm figure in front of the door?

EmperorNorton
18-01-2009, 09:57

I second that.

Some nice ruins for Mordheim would be awesome.

mrtn
18-01-2009, 10:44
That's looking great.
:)

Tabletop World
18-01-2009, 11:11
Thank you all again for great comments. That is a big motivation for us.

Are the shudders hinged?

They have hinges, but they don't open or close, they're glued :D

Jiminy Cricket!!!

where did you get that cat by the way, or is it self sculpted?

If I could make a suggestion that would fill me with joy and happiness?...

The cat, as all other things, is self sculpted. We don't use finished products. All we need is wood, stone, metal and green stuff :D

Feel free to give any suggestion, we'd love to hear from all of you what should we build next, what can be done better...anything realy.

Mordheim is definitely in plans, but first we have to form a small medieval town and some buildings for other races (orc huts, dwarf mines, elves tree houses). But if the interest is high enough we can do Mordheim now (we do commisions you know :D )

Is that a 28mm figure in front of the door?

Yes, all our work, for now, is in 28 mm scale.

Once again thanx to all.

Tabletop World

spikedog
18-01-2009, 11:49
Awesome, simply awesome.

Have you thought about making a kit that can be used as a ruined building as well as a complete one like you have shown thus far? So maybe it splits in two or something so you can have it destroyed mid-game etc?

AramilSairSianontel
18-01-2009, 13:56
Great Job guys, congrats to you! I want to see more, but i'd also like to see some high elven towers, or mansions-i have yet to find any worth-paying scenery for my army.I would like to see some better high elven fortifications-guard towers etc. Also what about wizard towers?
I'm sorry for my english but when you say commissions you mean that you accept
specific orders for any building we would like you to build for us?
Keep up the good work!!

Satan
18-01-2009, 14:48
Elven buildings would be greatly appreciated methinks. I'm still trying to figure out a way to build a castle for my WE so I can play a siege game, and yes, I know that probably sounds a bit freaky from a background point-of-view. But still, elven buildings (especially for wood elves) is something I've been looking for.

One thing that could easily be used by all elven armies is a barrow in elven style, since WE are described as having alot of their halls underground, and I figure it might be used as an elven tomb/mausoleum for DE and HE. I'm a bit allerigc to tree-houses myself, but i'd love to see your take on them!

static grass
18-01-2009, 20:32
Wow this is excellent. At first I was a bit woohoo! Then a bit hmmmm. But before a few seconds I was woohoo again :D

The level of detail is great without being overwhelming. Nice balance of medieval and fantasy. The size looks about right for WFB.

The only criticism I can think of is that the roof on one side is abit large and plain. It still looks good it just looks too big. Ideally a second balcony or small window would break that up.

Tabletop World
19-01-2009, 17:21
Thank you all, we appreciate your comments!

Have you thought about making a kit that can be used as a ruined building

Ruins are great and we'll make them for sure, but first we have to make a few whole ones :D

...when you say commissions you mean that you accept specific orders for any building we would like you to build for us?

Thats exactly what we mean :) feel free to express yourself, find a picture or draw one, send it to us, and we'll see what can be done.

Elven buildings would be greatly appreciated methinks. I'm still trying to figure out a way to build a castle for my WE so I can play a siege game

The problem with wood elves and their buildings is that they are full of little branches and leafs and that's kind of hard to mold and cast. But I think something can be done. What do you think about several trees with platforms connected with hanging bridges?

The only criticism I can think of is that the roof on one side is abit large and plain. It still looks good it just looks too big. Ideally a second balcony or small window would break that up.

That's the beauty of this hobby, you can always build any addition or do any conversion you like. ;)

Tabletop World

Satan
19-01-2009, 17:49
Thank you all, we appreciate your comments!

The problem with wood elves and their buildings is that they are full of little branches and leafs and that's kind of hard to mold and cast. But I think something can be done. What do you think about several trees with platforms connected with hanging bridges?

Any time.

Personally I think there may be a few challenges in making something like that which would work. Ideally I think you'd want to appeal as many elven players/collectors as possible and trees may be a bit too aimed at merely wood elves.

Though like I've said before, it'd be interesting to see your take on it. I think the concept is rather outdated to be truthful though. Even though it surely would be interesting to have a little tree-village like the one in lord of the rings, I think it lacks practical value. The stuff you make appeals to me since it looks like buldings that serve a practical need on the battlefield, whether you play WFB, Mordheim, Confrontation, etc. The risk with trees and platforms would be that they'd practically be restricted to skirmish games IMO.

If we're talking wood elves strictly, then I'd much rather see other kinds of buildings, such as a temple, barrow or elven ruins for example. These could surely be based on ancient or lighting-struck great oaks.

For your inspiration, I'd recommend reading up on the Elves as they're presented in the germanic mythology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81lfar#Elves_in_Norse_mythology

Old Norse and Swedish in particular, since it seems to me that the GW Wood elves are based on these. See links below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81lfheim

Sorry if I seem a bit eager, I'll sure be interested in whichever concept you come up with. Just wanted to send some inspiration. ;)

But my vote goes out for barrows and mounds with distinct elven character, however one would procure that.

Aulbath
19-01-2009, 18:41
For your inspiration, I'd recommend reading up on the Elves as they're presented in the germanic mythology:

Old Norse and Swedish in particular, since it seems to me that the GW Wood elves are based on these. See links below.

Mate, you just got me interested in Wood Elves... in fact, I think they are going to be my next army, I never noticed really how many similarities there are with the Alver and as an admirer of all things norse I just have to get me some welves!

Satan
19-01-2009, 19:03
Glad to be of service. It's something I've been trying to recreate with my own wood elves (link in sig) but I think you could take it a few steps further and incorporate dwarven and dark elven elements as well.

Tabletop World
21-01-2009, 17:36
Any time.

Personally I think there may be a few challenges in making something like that which would work. Ideally I think you'd want to appeal as many elven players/collectors as possible and trees may be a bit too aimed at merely wood elves.

Though like I've said before, it'd be interesting to see your take on it. I think the concept is rather outdated to be truthful though. Even though it surely would be interesting to have a little tree-village like the one in lord of the rings, I think it lacks practical value. The stuff you make appeals to me since it looks like buldings that serve a practical need on the battlefield, whether you play WFB, Mordheim, Confrontation, etc. The risk with trees and platforms would be that they'd practically be restricted to skirmish games IMO.

If we're talking wood elves strictly, then I'd much rather see other kinds of buildings, such as a temple, barrow or elven ruins for example. These could surely be based on ancient or lighting-struck great oaks.

Thanks man!
We'll have in mind your ideas.

Sorry if I seem a bit eager, I'll sure be interested in whichever concept you come up with. Just wanted to send some inspiration. ;)

But my vote goes out for barrows and mounds with distinct elven character, however one would procure that.

Inspirational material! Tnx a lot! ;)

Tabletop World
28-01-2009, 13:50
Hello guys!

For all of you who are interested in our stuff, we've decided that from now on, we're going to put WIP pictures of our projects as they come along.
Momentarily we are building Blacksmith's Forge.
So here are a couple of WIP pictures.
The ground floor is already cast in resin and assembled (although the bars on the windows are still missing).
The building will expand in size on the upper floors.
Piled firewood is ready to be molded. ;)

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/WIP-1.jpg

Hope you like it so far. :)

vampires are cool!
28-01-2009, 13:57
Well crap me, this is fantastic! Whats in the pipe line after this? Oh, oh, do a castle. No, do a castle with siege engines. No, do a castle with seige engines on fire. With bears!

N810
28-01-2009, 14:09
If maybe some time down the road you would make some sort of lizardy mayan/aztec temple...
that would be awesome. :D

Ps. the blacksmiths forge is excellent.

Satan
28-01-2009, 14:19
Looking good. Hope you get your webpage set up soon-ish. ;)

static grass
28-01-2009, 18:16
Looks nice. Very interested to see where this one goes too!

hertz
28-01-2009, 23:10
yummie. nice to see, as per the last pic, that the houses are cast hollow, and therefore should be cheaper to buy and ship ;)

Wolf Scout Ewan
28-01-2009, 23:31
Lovely job on that building m8! How much will they be?

Xenoid
29-01-2009, 08:53
I can probably assure you that you're guaranteed quite some success - you've found a niche that you can fill up completely. ;)

Braad
29-01-2009, 10:02
This keeps getting better and better...

So you plan on selling this, to the wide public, if I got it right? Any chance you got some kind of aproximation on prices? I am most certainly interested, as I'm starting to work on some town-stuff myself, and need more buildings soon.

Tabletop World
29-01-2009, 10:08
Thanks guys, those comments are what pushes us forward.

Well crap me, this is fantastic! Whats in the pipe line after this? Oh, oh, do a castle. No, do a castle with siege engines. No, do a castle with seige engines on fire. With bears!
I was laughing my ass off when i saw this..with bears.. :D Next is whatever you guys say it's next. Probably something as belltower, maybe sawmill...ideas? Not to big projects for now..

If maybe some time down the road you would make some sort of lizardy mayan/aztec temple...
We have some ideas allready, contact us via mail, what kind of temple do you have in mind?

Hope you get your webpage set up soon-ish. ;)
Yes, webpage will come soon...

the houses are cast hollow, and therefore should be cheaper to buy and ship They are cheap ;)

Lovely job on that building m8! How much will they be? Sorry, we're not allowed to talk about prices here, contact us via e-mail (signature)

I can probably assure you that you're guaranteed quite some success - you've found a niche that you can fill up completely. ;)
That would be perfect, thanks

Tabletop World
29-01-2009, 10:10
This keeps getting better and better...

So you plan on selling this, to the wide public, if I got it right? Any chance you got some kind of aproximation on prices? I am most certainly interested, as I'm starting to work on some town-stuff myself, and need more buildings soon.

Thanks man, we can't talk prices here, more detail via e-mail: tabletopworld@yahoo.com

Cpt. Drill
29-01-2009, 10:18
Speaking personally I dont think I would ahve the funs for a whole city (Or the space) So stand alone buildings would be cool! Things that would look good sat on a mostly green table with a few woods (the usual).

I like the idea of a lumber mill, I think that would be perfect. Maybe a small mine, or farm house (With an outhouse! possibly with a hinged door so in skirmish games someone could hide in it)

Btw still incredible work!

Elefteria
29-01-2009, 11:53
Very impressive work, keep it up :)

[QUOTE=Tabletop World;3242675Next is whatever you guys say it's next. Probably something as belltower, maybe sawmill...ideas? Not to big projects for now..
[/QUOTE]

How about a windmill or a church?

vampires are cool!
29-01-2009, 18:20
Bears...fire...

Just throwing ideas at ya.

Tabletop World
31-01-2009, 16:50
Thanks Cpt. Drill & Elefteria!

We'll probably go for a farm house or bell tower next.

Ok, time for small update.
Ground floor has been painted & bars have been added to the windows.
Also, one part of the blacksmith's fireplace has been modeled & cast (the part that goes under the roof).
Doghouse on the right has been cast & is ready to be painted.
Hope you like it.:)

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/WIP-2.jpg

N810
01-02-2009, 00:07
Wow that looks great. :D

sandman36
01-02-2009, 02:23
I am just blown away by the quality of your work, as well as how quickly you are pushing it out. Great job guys. Keep it up!

Xenoid
01-02-2009, 18:11
Ah, gorgeous progress (as for the niche-part, I should have quoted Terry Pratchett approximately: "Mr. King was a decisive businessman; he'd found a niche, claimed and widened it until money began falling down into it).

You say your ears are open for suggestions? That's good indeed. Hm, what about a stable, a timber farm house with thatch roof, a fortified mansion or maybe a pigsty? Or perhaps a bath house (they're closed during the Great Plague due to risk of contagious spreadings, resulting in quite some centuries of bad hygiene for European cities) or brewery? A windmill would probably be the most interesting now, but I suppose you might want to have a plan for how to make the wings.

Tabletop World
02-02-2009, 09:36
Thanks a lot guys!

@Xenoid: We'll take windmill in consideration, along with farm house and bell tower.

More work has been done on the ground floor.
We washed some stone parts with watered-down Bestial and Scorched Brown 'cause the walls were too gray. Now it looks more natural.
Now we are going to concentrate on upper floors.
Here are some pics:

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/WIP-3.jpg

Hideous Loon
02-02-2009, 09:46
A bakery? Sure looks like it. Well done, mate.

N810
02-02-2009, 11:55
Oh swete that fire is awesome. :D

Wolf Scout Ewan
02-02-2009, 13:17
Wow that fire does look good!

Braad
02-02-2009, 15:29
Fireplace looks great, also the painting effects are very nice.

If you, for some weird reason, decide to do a sawing mill with one of those nice big waterwheels attached to it, you can be quite sure I'll be spending money on it.
(something like http://www.thedales.org.uk/files/mill_wheel_hawes.jpg)

Ow, by the way, I'm ready to place an order, but still waiting for a friend to decide if he also wants something so that we can order in one go... Hopefully you'll be seeing mail from me somewhere in the next few days.

And I've seen the prices, and my personal opinion is that they are quite fair!
(Since we are not allowed to discuss the actual prices, am I allowed to say this?)

Tabletop World
02-02-2009, 16:58
Wow, thank you all for great response.

If you, for some weird reason, decide to do a sawing mill with one of those nice big waterwheels attached to it, you can be quite sure I'll be spending money on it.
(something like http://www.thedales.org.uk/files/mill_wheel_hawes.jpg)

Ow, by the way, I'm ready to place an order, but still waiting for a friend to decide if he also wants something so that we can order in one go... Hopefully you'll be seeing mail from me somewhere in the next few days.

And I've seen the prices, and my personal opinion is that they are quite fair!
(Since we are not allowed to discuss the actual prices, am I allowed to say this?)

Sawing mill with water wheel or wind mill is one of the next projects. The pic is great, thanx.
Yes, the prices are quite fair I think, we will soon see if we're allowed to say that :D
And thank you for your order, hope your friend agrees so you can split postage costs :)

Beatomadic
02-02-2009, 20:57
Great stuff wish I had some cash floating around to buy some of it. This may have already been asked and answered, but are you planning on making anything futuristic?

Crazy Harborc
03-02-2009, 00:31
The "city" is growing. I do like the add ons that are appearing. Keep em coming, please.;)

Just a thought.....Lift off roofs for buildings that are likely to used for fighting in.

FarFar GoHai
04-02-2009, 19:11
There not much point in repeating all the great comments... so I'll just say that this is some seriously nice work... maybe the best resin cast fantasy/historical I've seen. - Period.
As I don't know about prices, I am unable to comment on those ;-)

However, I just wanted to suggest you to do a road system. Something like your town square.
Im thinking a road system in bits: straight bits, 15degree angled pieces, t-junctions and so forth. Preferably all done so that its more or less stone, without a "border" that needs texturing. That will make it flexible for many underlays/mats, and will be a great addition for the city....

tcraigen
04-02-2009, 23:31
great fire effects, the glow is almost warming. Also the stone looks fantastic.

sans
05-02-2009, 12:02
wow..amazing - will definetly be ordering when i get together a bit of cash together (damn exchange rates!)

just one question - how do you paint the stonework? It looks fantastic - would love to know how you get that colour effect.

Tabletop World
07-02-2009, 13:12
Thanks a lot guys for your big support!!

Great stuff wish I had some cash floating around to buy some of it. This may have already been asked and answered, but are you planning on making anything futuristic?
Yes, in the future we do, but for now we will concentrate on medieval buildings.

There not much point in repeating all the great comments... so I'll just say that this is some seriously nice work... maybe the best resin cast fantasy/historical I've seen. - Period.
As I don't know about prices, I am unable to comment on those ;-)

However, I just wanted to suggest you to do a road system. Something like your town square.
Im thinking a road system in bits: straight bits, 15degree angled pieces, t-junctions and so forth. Preferably all done so that its more or less stone, without a "border" that needs texturing. That will make it flexible for many underlays/mats, and will be a great addition for the city....
Thanks man!
Yes, we'll make the road system you are talking about.;)

wow..amazing - will definetly be ordering when i get together a bit of cash together (damn exchange rates!)

just one question - how do you paint the stonework? It looks fantastic - would love to know how you get that colour effect.
Thank you!
We do the stone this way:
1. Stone is primed with Chaos black
2. Heavy drybrush with Chaos Black/Skull White/Bestial brown mix (Dark grey with just a touch of brown)
3. Drybrush with the lighter version of the same mix
4. Light drybrush with Bleached Bone
5. Wash some parts with Scorched Brown mixed with water (30%/70%)
6. Wash some parts with Bestial Brown mixed with water (30%/70%)
7. When this is dry, drybrush again with Bleached Bone
8. This is followed by lightest drybrush of Scull White
9. Wash the parts where the moss will be with thinned Chaos Black
10. Heavily drybrush these parts with Catachan Green
11. Follow this with lighter drybrush of Goblin Green

Time for update.
The upper floors are now under construction.
Note that we plan to add large consoles on the first floor which will support the second floor which is sticking out.
Here is one shot just to give you an idea where this project is going.
Hope you like it.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/WIP-4.jpg

Xenoid
07-02-2009, 15:14
That's supreme - and with a dog house on the side! Your serious approach to stone work will probably be what will earn you the most attention and money - that seems quite clear.

As for the painting, terrain painting's in your hands, and I almost missed that the fire was yellower to the top (it should rather be painted as its brightest, yellowest at its base, where the real combustion's taking place, flushing higher up), because that fire effect was very, very real.

Now, some ideas of mine might not be suitable (like a shipyard or salt refinery, although a boat house could be considered), but if you are wont to aim higher when you've established yourself, don't go for a classic, walled fortress directly - take the different , more economic, medieval scandinavian approach, where most castles in Sweden where raised as tax collecting-nodes, rather more like large, thick manors or houses (I can't find any suitable names to give you at the moment, although Kexholm's castle might be interesting).

zero@ssoluto
07-02-2009, 15:44
Hello guys!

For all of you who are interested in our stuff, we've decided that from now on, we're going to put WIP pictures of our projects as they come along.
Hope you like it so far. :)

This is a great idea :D thanks so much for sharing it

static grass
07-02-2009, 17:33
I have just received a notice from the post that they have my building - thanks!

Braad
07-02-2009, 18:57
Woah, dude! That blacksmith really starts to look great now with the upper floors on!
Can't wait to see this one finished.

Tabletop World
07-02-2009, 19:18
That's supreme - and with a dog house on the side! Your serious approach to stone work will probably be what will earn you the most attention and money - that seems quite clear.

As for the painting, terrain painting's in your hands, and I almost missed that the fire was yellower to the top (it should rather be painted as its brightest, yellowest at its base, where the real combustion's taking place, flushing higher up), because that fire effect was very, very real.

Now, some ideas of mine might not be suitable (like a shipyard or salt refinery, although a boat house could be considered), but if you are wont to aim higher when you've established yourself, don't go for a classic, walled fortress directly - take the different , more economic, medieval scandinavian approach, where most castles in Sweden where raised as tax collecting-nodes, rather more like large, thick manors or houses (I can't find any suitable names to give you at the moment, although Kexholm's castle might be interesting).
First of all, thank you on your compliments!
I like your ideas regarding castles. Also, the boat house sounds very interesting.

I have just received a notice from the post that they have my building - thanks!
Thank you for purchasing our product. We hope you'll show us what you did with it. ;)

This is a great idea :D thanks so much for sharing it
Thank you on your interest for our stuff!

Woah, dude! That blacksmith really starts to look great now with the upper floors on!
Can't wait to see this one finished.
Thanks a lot Braad! ;)

Bregalad
10-02-2009, 08:37
Great inspirational work! Can't wait for you to open an online store for those resin buildings, as there are not too many companies doing that (and you can't do a city just with GW towers and chapels, right?;))

silverstu
10-02-2009, 10:11
Great work! really impressive buildings- I love all the details you are putting in. Looking forward to seeing more stuff- where are you guys based?

Tabletop World
10-02-2009, 10:34
Great inspirational work! Can't wait for you to open an online store for those resin buildings, as there are not too many companies doing that (and you can't do a city just with GW towers and chapels, right?;))
Thanks a lot man!;)

Great work! really impressive buildings- I love all the details you are putting in. Looking forward to seeing more stuff- where are you guys based?
Thank you very much!:)
We are from Croatia.

sans
11-02-2009, 10:25
We do the stone this way:
1. Stone is primed with Chaos black
2. Heavy drybrush with Chaos Black/Skull White/Bestial brown mix (Dark grey with just a touch of brown)
3. Drybrush with the lighter version of the same mix
4. Light drybrush with Bleached Bone
5. Wash some parts with Scorched Brown mixed with water (30%/70%)
6. Wash some parts with Bestial Brown mixed with water (30%/70%)
7. When this is dry, drybrush again with Bleached Bone
8. This is followed by lightest drybrush of Scull White
9. Wash the parts where the moss will be with thinned Chaos Black
10. Heavily drybrush these parts with Catachan Green
11. Follow this with lighter drybrush of Goblin Green

Thanks! Will have to give it a try when I get some money together and put an order in : )

Tabletop World
14-02-2009, 12:29
Thanks! Will have to give it a try when I get some money together and put an order in : )
You're welcome!:)

Ok, small update on the forge.
Here is the shot of one side of the roof which is finally molded & cast in resin. It consists of tree parts.
On the picture beneath, you can see the large console. Two of those will support the second floor in two corners (as marked on the picture).
Hope you like it.:)

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/WIP-5.jpg

Xenoid
14-02-2009, 20:49
Supreme as always - oh, I'm getting used to find droolworthy updates here!

The one concern might be if exact realism is prohibited in certain countries. ;)

Also, you could consider to produce wagons - the hussite wars in the 15th century springs to mind, where wagons were used as mobile forts, heavily armed with artillery and arquebussiers to mow down austrian knights. And as long as you keep it in the 28mm scale, you're handled success into your hands because of all the Warhammer and Historical tabletop gamers which might want to add flavour to their army.

Tabletop World
15-02-2009, 13:51
Supreme as always - oh, I'm getting used to find droolworthy updates here!

The one concern might be if exact realism is prohibited in certain countries. ;)

Also, you could consider to produce wagons - the hussite wars in the 15th century springs to mind, where wagons were used as mobile forts, heavily armed with artillery and arquebussiers to mow down austrian knights. And as long as you keep it in the 28mm scale, you're handled success into your hands because of all the Warhammer and Historical tabletop gamers which might want to add flavour to their army.

Thanx a lot, for living, we could try to sell some of the houses as real ones. :D

We have some ideas for war wagons, maybe even empire war altar. If there's enough interest for that, we might consider doing it. :)

Braad
15-02-2009, 14:37
At http://www.war-europe.com/#/conceptart/?lang=en I found this picture yesterday:
http://img.war-europe.com/syndic_img/conceptart/en/1006Emp15.jpg

I think that would more or less be what I had in mind when I mentioned a waterwheel-mill.

Also, a city as how they draw them there, I think that would be representative of what I would like to build using your buildings.

On the forge: small update, but big quality! Nice roof.

Tabletop World
15-02-2009, 15:16
At http://www.war-europe.com/#/conceptart/?lang=en I found this picture yesterday:
http://img.war-europe.com/syndic_img/conceptart/en/1006Emp15.jpg

I think that would more or less be what I had in mind when I mentioned a waterwheel-mill.

Also, a city as how they draw them there, I think that would be representative of what I would like to build using your buildings.

On the forge: small update, but big quality! Nice roof.

Thanx Braad,

I've seen that picture, it's awesome, but when I try to build it in my head, I find a big problem. Water. It's great to have a stream come from above, but where from? Also where the water goes after the wheel? The whole river system should be built just for that. That's OK, but who would buy whole river just cause he likes the water mill? That's why wind mill is much more simple to include on the table.

One idea is to build a small hill next to the mill and put a water spring on it, but the other problem with water after the mill remains a problem.

We will make the river system for the table, with turns and everything, but not just yet.

75hastings69
15-02-2009, 15:24
Thanx Braad,

I saw that picture, it's awsome, but when I tried to build it in my head, I found a big difficultie. Water. It's great to have a stream come from above, but where from? Also where the water goes after the wheel? The whole river system should be built just for that. That's OK, but who would buy whole river just cause he likes the water mill? Thats why wind mill is much more simple to include on the table.

I wouldn't worry about the water, people buying a mill similar to that image would probably be making a big effort to make a highly detailed gaming table and would sort the water etc. out themselves.

I would buy a water mill in a second if it is anything like the quality of your previous stuff, and I'd be more than happy to sort my own water out as such a wonderful building would need clear cast resin water and such like.

Superb work on the Blacksmith's Forge (as we have become used to from you guys). Keep up the good work.

Could we get some normal houses do you think?

Tabletop World
15-02-2009, 15:30
I wouldn't worry about the water, people buying a mill similar to that image would probably be making a big effort to make a highly detailed gaming table and would sort the water etc. out themselves.

I would buy a water mill in a second if it is anything like the quality of your previous stuff, and I'd be more than happy to sort my own water out as such a wonderful building would need clear cast resin water and such like.

Superb work on the Blacksmith's Forge (as we have become used to from you guys). Keep up the good work.

Could we get some normal houses do you think?

Thanx, and water mill will be seriously considered if you guys like it so much. Another problem is the price, with the hill behind and a small pond with the bridge next to it, it may be quite big piece of terrain. That means time and material...

Normal houses you want? Just for you - next project after the blacksmith, a smaller building - town house. ;)

Beatomadic
15-02-2009, 16:32
Just as a though on the Water Mill why not make it a water paddle so instead of the water using gravity to go over the wheel use the force of the stream to push a paddle wheel sorta like this I think :P
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/michel.fonfrede/63cf/roueaval50MF.jpeg
then you wouldn't have to worry about a hill and everything you would just need to worry about a stream. I don't know it is just a thought.

Braad
15-02-2009, 16:42
I would buy a water mill in a second if it is anything like the quality of your previous stuff...

Seconded!

I think the mill in a stream, like beatomadic proposes would be good.

Beatomadic
15-02-2009, 16:55
Do you know what I would love to see, all the buildings you have done so far set up together around the square just so we can see how the "city" is coming along.

Tabletop World
15-02-2009, 17:43
Do you know what I would love to see, all the buildings you have done so far set up together around the square just so we can see how the "city" is coming along.

After the Blacksmith we will take a picture of the town centre :)

Just as a though on the Water Mill why not make it a water paddle so instead of the water using gravity to go over the wheel use the force of the stream to push a paddle wheel sorta like this I think :P
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/michel.fonfrede/63cf/roueaval50MF.jpeg
then you wouldn't have to worry about a hill and everything you would just need to worry about a stream. I don't know it is just a thought.

Seconded!

I think the mill in a stream, like beatomadic proposes would be good.

But the problem remains with the river. Mill would only be possible for someone with the whole river or one who can make one. Also I like the gravity part with the little hill and a small waterfall, would be terrific :p

N810
15-02-2009, 20:57
Not all water mills have the water going over the top of the wheel ...
a lot of them have the water going under the wheel instead. :D
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Argenstein_water_mill.jpg

75hastings69
15-02-2009, 21:07
Now that N810 is a good idea, all that would need to happen would be to flatten off the bottom of the water mills wheel so it could be placed on the table even on a painted on stream or river. Sure the gravity part would look better scenic-wise BUT making a hill out of resin would be a pain, and at the end of the day a pond on top of a hill with a bridge still needs somewhere for the water to enter the pond, so then you'd need to raise other parts of the gaming table to represent this, in which case making the resin hill would be a wasted effort as people would need to make extra hill to go around/next to it.

I think that as soon as I finish my 40k table I'm going to start a new WFB one, completely modelling an outlying area of Ostland with a fringe of woods (for my nasty beasts to hide in!) and it will contain all of these wonderful buildings.

Really looking forward to what you do with the townhouse, I'd like them to look more like the blacksmith forge (in terms of overhangs etc.) and maybe 2 or 3 different houses of differing heights and width.

Braad
15-02-2009, 22:03
On the other hand, waterfalls are nice. They make things come alive, so a wheel driven by falling water indeed is more interesting.

Maybe, instead of building a complete mill, you could also make a small upgrade set to add a wheel to one of the existing buildings...

I could also stop being lazy, and convert one of those myself :p

geraldoluiz55a
16-02-2009, 00:21
Pliers, did you use pliers to do the stones??? You are very patient. great job.

Braad
16-02-2009, 07:50
Woohoo!

The package has been delivered!
I got to say, up close the detail is stunning. The amount of little things is simply great.

The inn actually has the cat and women. Most other companies say "for comparison only", you guys just deliver.
The tower is also beautifull, and while I ordered this one for a friend, I think I'll get one myself too, later.

I got all the bits I think, except for the one you already told me I would be missing. Hopefully that one will get here tomorrow or the day after.

Excellent service guys! I'm very pleased!

Tabletop World
16-02-2009, 09:17
Pliers, did you use pliers to do the stones??? You are very patient. great job.
Yes we did. TNX!

Woohoo!

The package has been delivered!
I got to say, up close the detail is stunning. The amount of little things is simply great.

The inn actually has the cat and women. Most other companies say "for comparison only", you guys just deliver.
The tower is also beautifull, and while I ordered this one for a friend, I think I'll get one myself too, later.

I got all the bits I think, except for the one you already told me I would be missing. Hopefully that one will get here tomorrow or the day after.

Excellent service guys! I'm very pleased!
Thank you very much Braad! We are really glad to hear this!
Don't worry, the missing part was sent just a day after, so you can expect it to arrive in a day or two. ;)
Thanks once again! :)

Xenoid
16-02-2009, 19:39
Hm, now this was interesting. water mills at water falls? I've never seen any, and around Bergslagen in Sweden there's a lot of water mills, seemingly every single one driven by small trickling streams (ever wondered where most of all that steel, copper and iron used by every major European nation, before the industrial revolution, came from?). Now again, it might just be because there's dams where the waterfalls used to be, but that's another matter.

As for Braad's response-upon-delivery, I'm quite impressed (and, yep, the use of pliers for this is quite drastic, but highly professional, and with a bit of photoshopping the background, the houses are realistic enough for you to sell off as 'real' ones!). Thoroughly realistic kit-construction with pliers and accompanying charcters and/or animals could be your business mark, and those civilians will probably go a long way to tempt people that bit extra, since there are not many such models around.

Maybe you could sculpt a blacksmith, along with a sleeping dog, for the forge? A water mill (and as you can see there's quite the demand, unsurprisingly when they're quite hard to make and look very cool) could include a millman, resting an elbow against a sack of flour, and maybe a hen or cock for picking up the spilled grain.

You might note that I'm babbling a lot instead of ordering (yet!), but for sensibility's sake I'll have to wait until I've the space before making any larger orders - and it's not easy holding myself off this for long!

Tabletop World
16-02-2009, 19:55
Not the water falls, just a small stream coming from above. Like in the picture Braad showed - http://img.war-europe.com/syndic_img/conceptart/en/1006Emp15.jpg. It's cool to see the water coming down the wheel :)

We are aware that high detail building cannot be shown on pictures. That's why we're glad that Braad told he is satisfied with our product. We never wont to sell something we're not fully satisfied with.

As for the civilians, as we speak (type) we're modeling blacksmith and his dog, and I already see the mill man, all white from flower :D thanks for idea.

We're glad you like our stuff, and will be happy doing business with you :)

Xenoid
17-02-2009, 04:54
Good spirit - you sell what you'd want for yourselves. :)

W-what? You began sculpting both a blacksmith and a millman directly? You won't sculpt the fluor over the millman, right? ;)

As for a scandinavian low budget castle, try searching for Glimmingehus castle, located in Skåne, southernmost Sweden: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3229/2722205628_2fcc5cc8f7_m.jpg

Braad
17-02-2009, 07:22
You call that a castle?
This is a castle!
http://www.herstmonceux-castle.co.uk/images/castle.jpg

Xenoid
17-02-2009, 17:37
You call that a castle?
This is a castle!
http://www.herstmonceux-castle.co.uk/images/castle.jpg

Yep, since such a monster of a fortification cannot even be found in Scandinavia for comparison to begin with. ;)

As for any vague possibility of castle plans á la Glimmingehus (yes, it's quite plain, but different from continental castles and could turn out ace with your skill), the roof would of course be removable, with an upper, timber-floored store to place units around arrow slits and tight windows as in reality. Observe that I'm just tossing ideas at you, not in any way trying to steer! When it comes to steering, it should be done with bears on fire. :D

Braad
17-02-2009, 18:30
Yep, since such a monster of a fortification cannot even be found in Scandinavia for comparison to begin with. ;)

The bigger the better, when it comes to this stuff, that's all I say.

Tabletop World
17-02-2009, 18:39
I rather like the small simple castle Xenoid showed. Why all the castles should be glamorous? Also I understand Braad saying "the bigger the better" :D

Castle is going to be one of our biggest projects. Modular parts will enable everyone to build different castle, but...it will take some time 'till we undertake such project.

The Blacksmiths base is over, also the dog is almost modeled.
To do:
Model, cast and paint: Chimney, blacksmith (man), small roofs in front
Cast and paint: dog
Paint: roofs with roof windows.

75hastings69
17-02-2009, 18:44
Well I am really looking forward to this, another excellent job.

Xenoid
17-02-2009, 19:14
The bigger the better, when it comes to this stuff, that's all I say.

Very true! I'd love to besiege the castle you showed in a game of Warhammer, but also small forts have their charm - especially when they does not occupy too much space, and maybe not always will allow for a pure siege game between the opponents.

As we both knows, these guys are going to make it far within the hobby business with these just great buildings slamming into what is virtually a semi-vaccuum of proper availability, and as such a really big, and most amazingly detailed, medieval castle will be available sooner or later, for everyone's cheerful delight. But such a matter is that of a larger investment, and not a clever one early on. With the excellent watchtower, and perhaps after quite some time a small, unclassical castle to start with (here's hope), I believe the 'fortifications' range will be nicely rounded off for a longer time whilst they expand upon other, often most civilian areas.

There's, after all, a good demand for mills, wagons with pulling animals (oxen, mules, horses), stables, detailed wells and shops (where the upper stories are living quarters both used by the shopkeeper's family and rented by others). And when these things are more expansively covered, it'll be time for everyone's Big Focus Number One - a really large, characterful castle boarding on reality when it comes to detail wealth. By that time the range will be well established, and with experiences from the watchtower (and a potential lesser castle), people will be well prepared for what they'll receive.

On the other hand, a 'generic' castle kit, that succeeds in capturing the spirit of many European medieval castles, could work, but on the bases that a hell lot of genius thinking is thrown into its making. This will be readily available within the creators' own heads, so hopes'll be high. :)

The practical reasons for a possible release of a lesser, more house-like castle would primarily be related to gaming as well as storage space, and a smaller fort allowing for merely a few small units within ('on top', beneath the roof) - and perhaps some artillery pieces -could actually be likely to prove appealing to a lot of people, in part for its unusuality, and in part because it'd rather reinforce their 'normal' battlefield games rather than turn it into a fullscale siege. After all's said and done, there's a lot of different tastes, ideas and preferred settings, often within a single human as well as the broader public. ;)

Tabletop World
17-02-2009, 19:54
Aaaa, what he said..... :D:D

No, really, you talk like we think. Thanks for showing so much interest in our blog.

Braad
17-02-2009, 20:10
Ow really....
What about this one then: http://www.filmfashion.nl/stills/miraz%20castle.jpg

No just kidding.
Actually, when I think of a more 'normal' castle, this one comes to mind: http://entoen.nu/media/04365458_loevestein.jpg
It's a Dutch castle, not far from where I live. I think it has a bit more flavour than the one Xenoid posted, but is also not so much over the top.

I think something nice to do when building something like this, is to also include the rest of the fortifications on the field. Like what we see on this picture: http://www.muiderslot.nl/afb/aview.jpg The kind of structures are often found around old fortifications in our flat little country.
Ofcourse, this would be a home-made project, as it is a bit difficult to have entire tables cast and shipped :p

Darn that... this log really has made my imagination go running wild.

Lets just first await the coming projects...

Xenoid
17-02-2009, 20:37
Aaaa, what he said..... :D:D

No, really, you talk like we think. Thanks for showing so much interest in our blog.

Thanks, but I'd be an idiot to be uninterested in it - my imagination too runs amok here. :D

Seeing the compact dutch castle close to Braad's home town, I can only conclude it with: Dutch architects had better imagination than swedish ones. ;)

That's a great castle, and although a simple 'fogde' (or taxman) castle like the one I showed would look awesome under your talented hands, that fortification in the Netherlands obviously seems to be the way to go for your inspiration on potential lesser castles. Perhaps, when you've released a large one, there could be the slightest chance of the budget castle I proposed, but Braad's alternative is obviously the best.

Cheers! :cool:

Tommygun
17-02-2009, 22:52
One more thought on the water mill idea.
I have seen mills get there water from underground canals.
The water comes from the covered canal into a open channel big enough to place a water wheel in.
The water pushes the wheel from below and then continues on and reenters the covered canal again.
The only time you see any water is in the open channel that the water wheel sits in.

Beatomadic
18-02-2009, 02:50
Oh I just had a brain wave as an addition to your square, you could create a few stalls where merchants sell goods like meat, clothing, fruit, weapons and such. And maybe you could make a wrecked one or two so they would almost become barriers or walls for Warhammer. Man I agree my mind just starts running and I don't even play Warhammer I play 40k :P

Tabletop World
18-02-2009, 08:48
One more thought on the water mill idea.
I have seen mills get there water from underground canals.
The water comes from the covered canal into a open channel big enough to place a water wheel in.
The water pushes the wheel from below and then continues on and reenters the covered canal again.
The only time you see any water is in the open channel that the water wheel sits in.
Really?
Well that would solve all our problems. We'll take that in consideration.
Thanks!

Oh I just had a brain wave as an addition to your square, you could create a few stalls where merchants sell goods like meat, clothing, fruit, weapons and such. And maybe you could make a wrecked one or two so they would almost become barriers or walls for Warhammer. Man I agree my mind just starts running and I don't even play Warhammer I play 40k :P
Great idea and we're certainly doing it!:D
Well, it's time for you to start playing Warhammer! :skull:

Braad
18-02-2009, 13:36
Really?
Well that would solve all our problems. We'll take that in consideration.
Thanks!

And I guess it should be quite easy for anyone to convert to a more daring construction with waterfalls, rivers or maybe a dam like in the pic.

By the way, the last piece of my inn just arrived. Construction time!
But cleaning first ofcourse...

---EDIT---

Did a bit more searching. Also watermills with an aquaduct leading to it seem to have been used quite often. Maybe an idea? Making a stone aquaduct that leads of the table or something, and the water disappears again in un underground canal.

Tabletop World
18-02-2009, 14:16
And I guess it should be quite easy for anyone to convert to a more daring construction with waterfalls, rivers or maybe a dam like in the pic.

By the way, the last piece of my inn just arrived. Construction time!
But cleaning first ofcourse...

---EDIT---

Did a bit more searching. Also watermills with an aquaduct leading to it seem to have been used quite often. Maybe an idea? Making a stone aquaduct that leads of the table or something, and the water disappears again in un underground canal.

Glad to hear that Braad! ;)

Yeah, aqueduct seems cool, but it would be a huge project...and we would rather spend the time to build a town gate or something similar. I think you would agree on that. :)

Braad
18-02-2009, 16:19
Ow, towngate...

Mine?

N810
18-02-2009, 16:54
Yea some town walls to go with that gate would be great... ;)
and perhaps a few watch towers between wall sections... :)

Beatomadic
18-02-2009, 20:20
I have just started 40k though, I really don't have the money or the time or the people to play with to do Warhammer too :P wish I could get some of this stuff tho :P.

Braad
18-02-2009, 21:56
Start invading planets that aren't so technologically advanced and where they still live in stone houses...

static grass
19-02-2009, 07:35
Don't people watch stargate? Technologically advanced races fighting over TV sets in NW US.

I didnt post anything about the Tavern I received because I didn't want the mods to think this thread should be in stores and services.

-But-

The Tavern is completely amazing. The casting is very good, no mold lines to remove and the details are very sharp and crisp. The level of detailing is spot on.

I have the FW cottage and some GW buildings and even if I just put it next to them (unpainted) I can see it will fit in very well with my existing terrain.

I don't think that there is better source of terrain on the net at the moment.

The thread will come once my 40K stuff is finished (for now)

Tabletop World
19-02-2009, 08:36
Don't people watch stargate? Technologically advanced races fighting over TV sets in NW US.

I didnt post anything about the Tavern I received because I didn't want the mods to think this thread should be in stores and services.

-But-

The Tavern is completely amazing. The casting is very good, no mold lines to remove and the details are very sharp and crisp. The level of detailing is spot on.

I have the FW cottage and some GW buildings and even if I just put it next to them (unpainted) I can see it will fit in very well with my existing terrain.

I don't think that there is better source of terrain on the net at the moment.

The thread will come once my 40K stuff is finished (for now)

Wow, thanx for the compliments. We do everything we can to produce high detailed terrain. That's why we put big pictures on the forums, we're not hiding anything ;)
We would really appreciate if you make a thread about it, we would love to see how it turns out.

Braad
19-02-2009, 09:21
Dreaded... my new glue had a little error in the package, so I can't use it. Now I can't finish building my Inn :'(

I agree with static grass though, cleaning the stuff was very easy. Nearly nothing to remove, I just had to cut a bit in the balcony wall, as one of the small roof sections on top didn't fit completely. But compared to other stuff, it was finished in no-time.

Tabletop World
19-02-2009, 10:38
Dreaded... my new glue had a little error in the package, so I can't use it. Now I can't finish building my Inn :'(

I agree with static grass though, cleaning the stuff was very easy. Nearly nothing to remove, I just had to cut a bit in the balcony wall, as one of the small roof sections on top didn't fit completely. But compared to other stuff, it was finished in no-time.

Thanks for the response Braad, it can happen that something must be trimmed a bit. Mold lines are inevitable when casting models. (those who tried to glue together GW's old metal giant or steam tank, know what I'm talking about)

Hope you'll take some WIP pics ;)

Braad
19-02-2009, 11:29
First I need to get rid of this smell... Due to the broken tube of glue, I have this terrible glue smell in my room... And I need new glue.

But the ground floor, the chimney, the top floor excluding the roof are all glue together now.

I'm also making plans for how to construct a town or city. Now I'm wondering, is it also possible to order the pieces of the town square in different numbers than the standard one?

Satan
19-02-2009, 11:34
I have to ask, how did you order these? PM Tabletop World? I'd love to see a price list... :D

Tabletop World
19-02-2009, 11:43
I'm also making plans for how to construct a town or city. Now I'm wondering, is it also possible to order the pieces of the town square in different numbers than the standard one?

You can order a small block 2x2in or you can cover the whole table :D It's up to you. Roads, squares...what ever you like :)

I have to ask, how did you order these? PM Tabletop World? I'd love to see a price list... :D

Our e-mail address is in the sig. Contact us, and we'll go from there ;)

Braad
19-02-2009, 21:11
You can order a small block 2x2in or you can cover the whole table :D It's up to you. Roads, squares...what ever you like :)

Excellent! I'll keep that in mind. It might take some time till I get there though...

vorin
20-02-2009, 23:03
Do you have a rough ETA on when you will have a POS site up? I would love to take a look through your wares!

Tabletop World
21-02-2009, 17:13
Do you have a rough ETA on when you will have a POS site up? I would love to take a look through your wares!

In 2 or 3 weeks the web site will be ready for public :) thanx for the interest

Crazy Harborc
21-02-2009, 20:41
I will be awaiting the grand opening and drooling on my keyboard's keys.

Tabletop World
23-02-2009, 09:30
I will be awaiting the grand opening and drooling on my keyboard's keys.
:D;)

Small update.
The figure of blacksmith and his anvil have been modeled & are ready to be molded and cast in resin:

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/WIP-6.jpg

As for the forge, all the roofs and the base have been finished.
We still have to do a chimney and some smaller details.
All together, it should be finished in about two weeks.

Cheers!

EmperorNorton
23-02-2009, 09:39
In 2 or 3 weeks the web site will be ready for public :) thanx for the interest

That's good to know.
As stated earlier in this thread, I'll place an order then.

Lord Malorne
23-02-2009, 10:01
Where do we order from?

Tabletop World
23-02-2009, 10:08
That's good to know.
As stated earlier in this thread, I'll place an order then.

Great, looking forward to it. The web site is finished and will be ready for public once the forge is done.

Where do we order from?

Contact us at tabletopworld@yahoo.com for detail, thanx for the interest.

Braad
23-02-2009, 11:34
Looks great!

Are there already more solid ideas for what's next?

Tabletop World
23-02-2009, 12:20
Looks great!

Are there already more solid ideas for what's next?

Next will be definitely small town house.
It will be done in short period of time and pretty much affordable. ;)
After that, we'll see. Maybe water mill or mordheim ruin.

Braad
23-02-2009, 18:50
Interesting.
Would it at all be possible to make a small townhouse in such a way that it had interchangable parts with other hopefully still to come townhouses, so that with maybe 3 or 4 seperate buildings, we could already make a whole bunch of different looking ones by combining different parts?

Or have you already planned to do just a whole lot of them? :D

BlazeXI
23-02-2009, 19:29
Great stuff. Will definitely add veriaty to the GW buildings.
I would like to see a temple of Shallaya, with pristesses attending sick people next to an entrance (but over some kind of roof).

Where do we order from?

I know we can order from tabletopworld@yahoo.com, but it would be nice to know country of origin to estimate shipping charges.

paddyalexander
23-02-2009, 21:49
Thanx Braad,

I've seen that picture, it's awesome, but when I try to build it in my head, I find a big problem. Water. It's great to have a stream come from above, but where from? Also where the water goes after the wheel? The whole river system should be built just for that. That's OK, but who would buy whole river just cause he likes the water mill? That's why wind mill is much more simple to include on the table.

One idea is to build a small hill next to the mill and put a water spring on it, but the other problem with water after the mill remains a problem.

We will make the river system for the table, with turns and everything, but not just yet.

How about having an underground channel/stream/canal open up for the wheel & return underground. It was a common eneugh practice durring the industrial revelution to divert water it stone channels to power water wheels.

Love what I've seen so far and will be dropping you an e-mail to find out about prices etc.

N810
23-02-2009, 22:56
Wow your Mini's look great too. :D

Papa Dan
24-02-2009, 07:03
Hi, just wanted to add a thing about the water wheel, found this kit and I hope that it might be some inspiration. It is nice in the way that you wont need large bodies of water.

http://www.monroeperdu.com/product_images/MPD049.jpg

cheers

Tabletop World
24-02-2009, 10:02
Interesting.
Would it at all be possible to make a small townhouse in such a way that it had interchangable parts with other hopefully still to come townhouses, so that with maybe 3 or 4 seperate buildings, we could already make a whole bunch of different looking ones by combining different parts?

Or have you already planned to do just a whole lot of them? :D

Good idea Braad. We'll probably do something like that.

Great stuff. Will definitely add veriaty to the GW buildings.
I would like to see a temple of Shallaya, with pristesses attending sick people next to an entrance (but over some kind of roof).

I know we can order from tabletopworld@yahoo.com, but it would be nice to know country of origin to estimate shipping charges.

That would look awesome. We will definitely have in mind this idea.

We are from Croatia. You can contact us through our e-mail or send us PM and we'll give you all the information you want (we can't discus prices here). ;)

How about having an underground channel/stream/canal open up for the wheel & return underground. It was a common eneugh practice durring the industrial revelution to divert water it stone channels to power water wheels.

Love what I've seen so far and will be dropping you an e-mail to find out about prices etc.

That's good to know, cause it will solve all our problems regarding water. ;)

Wow your Mini's look great too. :D

Thanks N810!

Hi, just wanted to add a thing about the water wheel, found this kit and I hope that it might be some inspiration. It is nice in the way that you wont need large bodies of water.

http://www.monroeperdu.com/product_images/MPD049.jpg

cheers

TNX man.
I like the hand-made water channel. Looks pretty god.

BlazeXI
24-02-2009, 15:14
We are from Croatia. You can contact us through our e-mail or send us PM and we'll give you all the information you want (we can't discus prices here). ;)

Hrvatska! Cool, greetings from Poland :evilgrin:

I was thinking of such (http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/STK/STK018/LPS5253.jpg) a structure above the entrance to Shallaya's temple.

Tabletop World
25-02-2009, 08:32
Hrvatska! Cool, greetings from Poland :evilgrin:

Greetings to Poland, why the evil grin?:D

I was thinking of such (http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/STK/STK018/LPS5253.jpg) a structure above the entrance to Shallaya's temple.

That's cool, I love the whole building.

Xenoid
25-02-2009, 12:32
Now my, that's good stuff to hear (and see; that blacksmith's a pure masterpiece!). A covered water channel sounds like the ideal solution for a water mill, and it'd be easy piece to adjust for a river or stream section with a bit of clever thinking concerning the level of the mill house.

A windmill raised above the ground on wooden beams to follow the direction of the wind or a more stationary, stonework one will be great to see sometime in the future, as well - and you can maybe even include a small, simple pipe-pump system driven by the windmill, like the dutch were so good at (they're also good at driving mechanical saw-works by wind force to get the best ship building rate in the world during he 17th century, but that's another story). The hard bit'll (at least if one're searching in Sweden for sources, I've found out) probably be to find pictures showing the visible components of a pumping mill; but then again Braad could point this out. :) There were likely a large amount of variations in this field, and in many of which the windmill probably covered the pump. As an aside note not on the medieval side of things; http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/qf/c/PopularScience/10-1933/med_chinese_windmill.jpg.

Planning out the 'normal' living houses to have interchangeable parts are almost a must in your range, although not exactly a necessity. The panel build-up'll allow people to mix and glue anyway, but working out some standard panels' measurments could be helpful. A small town house now? This'll be sweet.

If you are to include persons with it (and I'm hoping for that route!), and if you are planning several house kits, you could do this the sneaky way; let's say that there's three kits for town houses. One kit (the smallest, if size'll vary) would include the younger children; at least a boy and a girl, age four-to-ten and maybe playing, souring, arguing or taunting, and perhaps a cradled baby, whereas a second building could include a pair of teenaged members of both genders, or maybe an adult couple, wife perhaps pregnant or holding a babe whilst her husband might be engaged in a conversation, made clear from face and gestures.

A third potential town house kit could maybe include the adult couple or grandmother and grandfather, him supporting on a thick cane with a tooth-poor grin or grimace on a face that tries to ignore the pain of the back he's pressing a hand against, and her maybe in the obvious business of shouting some younger individual back into his/her senses, wrinkled face a thunder cloud of an expression, one hand resting on hip and the other waving a finger in front of her victim - perhaps. Whatever you're planning to do (going for a generation-collection style or/and maybe throwing in animals such as pigs and hens could be one way), I'm sure it'll suit your customers as much as it'll do your soon enough growing pockets. :)

You live in Croatia? Then you lucky gits've got one of the world's most interesting histories ever; during the centuries when Austria and Turkey bordered each other aggressively in your region, Croatia was something of a constantly-raided country, and the croatians developed a very fighty way of living! The best light cavalry in Austria's armies (which had the best 'lighter' unit types) came from Croatia, so you've got serious bragging rights. ;)

When it comes to a 'healing temple', you could include a robed plague doctor, maybe with a brimmed hat and that long, beaked mask of the times when the Black Death ravaged Europe and the staunch curers of the accursed illness often wore long 'beaks' filled with herbs to ward off the sickness and its stricken's stench. This'd contrast some with the flower-decorated facade. Just tossing ideas at you, again. :D

Tabletop World
25-02-2009, 16:47
Now my, that's good stuff to hear (and see; that blacksmith's a pure masterpiece!). A covered water channel sounds like the ideal solution for a water mill, and it'd be easy piece to adjust for a river or stream section with a bit of clever thinking concerning the level of the mill house.

A windmill raised above the ground on wooden beams to follow the direction of the wind or a more stationary, stonework one will be great to see sometime in the future, as well - and you can maybe even include a small, simple pipe-pump system driven by the windmill, like the dutch were so good at (they're also good at driving mechanical saw-works by wind force to get the best ship building rate in the world during he 17th century, but that's another story). The hard bit'll (at least if one're searching in Sweden for sources, I've found out) probably be to find pictures showing the visible components of a pumping mill; but then again Braad could point this out. :) There were likely a large amount of variations in this field, and in many of which the windmill probably covered the pump. As an aside note not on the medieval side of things; http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/qf/c/PopularScience/10-1933/med_chinese_windmill.jpg.

Planning out the 'normal' living houses to have interchangeable parts are almost a must in your range, although not exactly a necessity. The panel build-up'll allow people to mix and glue anyway, but working out some standard panels' measurments could be helpful. A small town house now? This'll be sweet.

If you are to include persons with it (and I'm hoping for that route!), and if you are planning several house kits, you could do this the sneaky way; let's say that there's three kits for town houses. One kit (the smallest, if size'll vary) would include the younger children; at least a boy and a girl, age four-to-ten and maybe playing, souring, arguing or taunting, and perhaps a cradled baby, whereas a second building could include a pair of teenaged members of both genders, or maybe an adult couple, wife perhaps pregnant or holding a babe whilst her husband might be engaged in a conversation, made clear from face and gestures.

A third potential town house kit could maybe include the adult couple or grandmother and grandfather, him supporting on a thick cane with a tooth-poor grin or grimace on a face that tries to ignore the pain of the back he's pressing a hand against, and her maybe in the obvious business of shouting some younger individual back into his/her senses, wrinkled face a thunder cloud of an expression, one hand resting on hip and the other waving a finger in front of her victim - perhaps. Whatever you're planning to do (going for a generation-collection style or/and maybe throwing in animals such as pigs and hens could be one way), I'm sure it'll suit your customers as much as it'll do your soon enough growing pockets. :)

You live in Croatia? Then you lucky gits've got one of the world's most interesting histories ever; during the centuries when Austria and Turkey bordered each other aggressively in your region, Croatia was something of a constantly-raided country, and the croatians developed a very fighty way of living! The best light cavalry in Austria's armies (which had the best 'lighter' unit types) came from Croatia, so you've got serious bragging rights. ;)

When it comes to a 'healing temple', you could include a robed plague doctor, maybe with a brimmed hat and that long, beaked mask of the times when the Black Death ravaged Europe and the staunch curers of the accursed illness often wore long 'beaks' filled with herbs to ward off the sickness and its stricken's stench. This'd contrast some with the flower-decorated facade. Just tossing ideas at you, again. :D

WOW Xenoid!
Those are some wonderful ideas!!
We totally agree with what you've said.
Although, lately were are a bit skeptical about the characters, cause we're not really sure if people care about them. It takes a lot of time to model one mini and it's the hardest part to cast. We are not sure if our effort and time spent on creating characters pays out. Most people buy our stuff cause they want good scenery.
Than again, judging by what you and BlazeXI have said, we might be wrong.

I see you've done your reading. :D Croatians have always been fearsome warriors!:chrome:

Once again, TNX a lot for this great comment and your interest! We'll definitely take everything you've said in consideration.

Cheers!

static grass
25-02-2009, 16:52
I also appreciated the characters, with the building. They are a nice touch I intend to use mine on objective markers:D

I am in a guild called Gamad by the way ;)

Braad
25-02-2009, 17:44
If you want my honest opinion: I would buy the houses with or without characters. They are a nice touch, but not necessary if you ask me. If you say you can produce more houses when you leave the humans out, I say: go for it!
But ofcourse, that is just my personal opinion.

About the mills:
Here is a site. It's in Dutch, but its mainly the (second) picture I'm after, so have a look at that.

http://www.rekel.nl/Schermerhorn/museummolen/folder/index.htm

We have different mills around, but mainly they stem from different times, and a mill-design from a certain period would usually be used for all needs at the moment.
As you can see, on the bit where the mill is standing, you don't see any water at all. Its all underground. This is nice, as just a few seperate bits could allow to make:
a: poldermill (literal translation, the ones that drain water), which would need some terrain making from the part of the buyer
b: sawmill, with just some piles of logs and boards next to it.
c: the "I don't know the name of it"-mill, but they grind grain for the bakeries, with some piles of sacks and grain next to it.

So, a simple windmill model could do anything you want it to do. I do think that around here option a and c are the most common, but that doens't matter much.
As a Dutch person, I would always pick the poldermill ofcourse :D

If you want good examples of mills, go to google pictures and type 'kinderdijk'. That's the place with the most large old windmills in one place in the Netherlands, and therefore probably also in the whole world.

If you want to know more about windmills, go ahead and ask!

And since now my enthusiasm is running wild, here's a few pics I made:
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh299/Braad-82/DSC04386.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh299/Braad-82/DSC04397.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh299/Braad-82/DSC04392.jpg

The second one is an older, more simlpe design. As you can see, this one works with a waterwheel.
Come to think of it... maybe this one would suit the age setting of Warhammer fantasy better. Not that I care a lot... they are all cool!

Darn that... now I got new ideas zipping around my head like flies!
I'm gonna make a Dutch polder-board to loot and trash with my orcs...

Xenoid
25-02-2009, 18:08
@ Braad: I agree, although I still hope that one human, perhaps with some small accesories or a pet, should still be standard - it'd be the first range in the world to have it.

Oh my, all that ranting of mine, and the most important finish of the accompanying-people-bit fell out of writing: Otherwise you could (or maybe even should?) start a small bi-range of medieval-ish civilians, since my presented concepts for town houses certainly seem somewhat 'wild', or at least too grand for the kit (on this part I might be in the wrong quagmire, since I only have a grasp of the basic moulding/casting techniques used for miniatures, and therefore could be wrong with saying that the resin for a second human in the house kit could be better used in another building), to me. Of course, with a restriction of one character per kit, you could faster build the next house for us to buy!

As for the real stuff - the buildings - you could consider producing some more Eastern European ones too; whilst it's obvious why the Western medieval houses captures many people's imagination (they certainly do here!), a small mixup with more russian, hungarian or polish buildings could add flavour. In a longer perspective, when cash just seem to find you magnetic and you've come up with a cunning plan for how to make really good and adjustable elven buildings, thus attracting more cash, you would also have the chance to think about arabian architecture - one of the coolest.

Ah, we've got a professor in millology. ;) That's some really nice links, Braad (and for my part I must thank you a lot for them and the facts you presented); if now the dutch claimed all the cool ideas regarding structures/mills because they're halfly cornered by Spanish and halfly cornered by the sea and winds, perhaps one should set Denmark under water and watch... :D

N810
25-02-2009, 18:09
"c: the "I don't know the name of it"-mill, but they grind grain for the bakeries, with some piles of sacks and grain next to it."

GRIST MILL :D

They come in wind and water powered varites.
(look them up on google image seach)

paddyalexander
25-02-2009, 20:24
Maybe have them as optional extras that can be bought seperatly? Also please try to keep them generic fantasy as some of us are planning on using your fantastic terrain pieces with non GW game systems.

BlazeXI
26-02-2009, 14:48
Greetings to Poland, why the evil grin?:D

my favourite smiley:cheese:.

Xenoid
26-02-2009, 17:39
@Paddyalexander: I think that quite a lot of historical wargamers are drooling over these, as well as fantasy wargamers. The very best with their buildings must probably be that they can fit in anywhere (if it fancies your taste, pull in a few metal pipes and antennae and you'll even have a different but great science fiction house); and of course they're fitting in there with hell's load of quality. When it comes to worries that they might make pieces too specific, I'd throw a guess that the australian, "no worries, mate", would be highly correct. But of course it's just what I'm supposing. ;)

TableTopWorld(s), good luck with launching your website, by the way, and don't be taken with complete surprise if there's some hefty orders on the premier. :D

Braad
26-02-2009, 17:54
GRIST MILL :D

Never heard of it... but hey, rarely I hear English people talk about mills, so I know only the Dutch terms for that kind of stuff. Anyway, probably we could think up plenty of things that a mill can do. Its more in the details you add than in the structure itself, what marks it as a certain kind of mill.

Tabletop World
26-02-2009, 23:16
I also appreciated the characters, with the building. They are a nice touch I intend to use mine on objective markers

I am in a guild called Gamad by the way

You mean, "Gamad" as "pest" in croatian language?! :)

If you want my honest opinion: I would buy the houses with or without characters. They are a nice touch, but not necessary if you ask me. If you say you can produce more houses when you leave the humans out, I say: go for it!
But ofcourse, that is just my personal opinion.

About the mills:
Here is a site. It's in Dutch, but its mainly the (second) picture I'm after, so have a look at that.

http://www.rekel.nl/Schermerhorn/museummolen/folder/index.htm

We have different mills around, but mainly they stem from different times, and a mill-design from a certain period would usually be used for all needs at the moment.
As you can see, on the bit where the mill is standing, you don't see any water at all. Its all underground. This is nice, as just a few seperate bits could allow to make:
a: poldermill (literal translation, the ones that drain water), which would need some terrain making from the part of the buyer
b: sawmill, with just some piles of logs and boards next to it.
c: the "I don't know the name of it"-mill, but they grind grain for the bakeries, with some piles of sacks and grain next to it.

So, a simple windmill model could do anything you want it to do. I do think that around here option a and c are the most common, but that doens't matter much.
As a Dutch person, I would always pick the poldermill ofcourse :D

If you want good examples of mills, go to google pictures and type 'kinderdijk'. That's the place with the most large old windmills in one place in the Netherlands, and therefore probably also in the whole world.

If you want to know more about windmills, go ahead and ask!

And since now my enthusiasm is running wild, here's a few pics I made:
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh299/Braad-82/DSC04386.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh299/Braad-82/DSC04397.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh299/Braad-82/DSC04392.jpg

The second one is an older, more simlpe design. As you can see, this one works with a waterwheel.
Come to think of it... maybe this one would suit the age setting of Warhammer fantasy better. Not that I care a lot... they are all cool!

Darn that... now I got new ideas zipping around my head like flies!
I'm gonna make a Dutch polder-board to loot and trash with my orcs...

Very nice pictures Braad!
I also googled kinderdijk...so many wonderful pictures. Those windmills are really appealing! I would like to see them in real life one day.
If we come across any problem (concerning design) while building windmill, we'll definitely ask for your advice.;)

@ Braad: I agree, although I still hope that one human, perhaps with some small accesories or a pet, should still be standard - it'd be the first range in the world to have it.

Oh my, all that ranting of mine, and the most important finish of the accompanying-people-bit fell out of writing: Otherwise you could (or maybe even should?) start a small bi-range of medieval-ish civilians, since my presented concepts for town houses certainly seem somewhat 'wild', or at least too grand for the kit (on this part I might be in the wrong quagmire, since I only have a grasp of the basic moulding/casting techniques used for miniatures, and therefore could be wrong with saying that the resin for a second human in the house kit could be better used in another building), to me. Of course, with a restriction of one character per kit, you could faster build the next house for us to buy!

As for the real stuff - the buildings - you could consider producing some more Eastern European ones too; whilst it's obvious why the Western medieval houses captures many people's imagination (they certainly do here!), a small mixup with more russian, hungarian or polish buildings could add flavour. In a longer perspective, when cash just seem to find you magnetic and you've come up with a cunning plan for how to make really good and adjustable elven buildings, thus attracting more cash, you would also have the chance to think about arabian architecture - one of the coolest.

Ah, we've got a professor in millology. ;) That's some really nice links, Braad (and for my part I must thank you a lot for them and the facts you presented); if now the dutch claimed all the cool ideas regarding structures/mills because they're halfly cornered by Spanish and halfly cornered by the sea and winds, perhaps one should set Denmark under water and watch...

Don't worry, we will not stop making civilians and accessories (cause we enjoy making them, and for us, the most important thing is to enjoy the hobby).
We have so many plans for our future projects, but for now we want to make several buildings (in the same style) which will represent one medieval town.
After that we'll probably do some race-specific buildings.

"c: the "I don't know the name of it"-mill, but they grind grain for the bakeries, with some piles of sacks and grain next to it."

GRIST MILL

Wow, I googled grist mill and saw some of the most inspiring mill pictures so far! GREAT...now we will have to do both a windmill and a watermill!:evilgrin:

Maybe have them as optional extras that can be bought seperatly? Also please try to keep them generic fantasy as some of us are planning on using your fantastic terrain pieces with non GW game systems.

All the bits and accessories will be available separately.
Don't worry man, we are perfectly aware that there are other game systems beside Warhammer.;)

@Paddyalexander: I think that quite a lot of historical wargamers are drooling over these, as well as fantasy wargamers. The very best with their buildings must probably be that they can fit in anywhere (if it fancies your taste, pull in a few metal pipes and antennae and you'll even have a different but great science fiction house); and of course they're fitting in there with hell's load of quality. When it comes to worries that they might make pieces too specific, I'd throw a guess that the australian, "no worries, mate", would be highly correct. But of course it's just what I'm supposing.

TableTopWorld(s), good luck with launching your website, by the way, and don't be taken with complete surprise if there's some hefty orders on the premier.

Thank you very much on your best wishes and nice words Xenoid!

Tabletop World
16-03-2009, 15:27
Hello guys!

The blacksmith's forge is finally finished!
We spent a lot of time making it and we hope you'll enjoy it. :)
Also, the website will be finished in about 5 days.
Here are the photos:

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/forge1.jpg
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/forge1-2.jpg
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/forge2.jpg
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/forge3.jpg

Comments are more than welcome.

Beatomadic
16-03-2009, 19:22
CRAP it looks like a picture of a real house, you really out do yourself every time you come out with a new building. Can't wait to see the next one :P

ScottNL
16-03-2009, 19:41
Looks awesome! Can't wait to see more! :)

N810
16-03-2009, 21:39
Wow with each model you guys release you put GW to shame,
Excelent job guys and I can't wait for your website. :D

Wolf Scout Ewan
17-03-2009, 00:00
What a lovely model that is!

Crazy Harborc
17-03-2009, 00:06
Now....THAT is a blacksmith's work sight. I LIKE it very much. I can see in my mind's eye.....a buxom maiden leaning out a upper window to wave a welcome to arriving customers of the smithy.:D

mrtn
17-03-2009, 00:26
It's looking great.
:)

Papa Dan
17-03-2009, 07:25
That is just insane, very well done indeed!

Braad
17-03-2009, 07:45
Looks great!
Sadly, I haven't even found the time to paint the inn, so I'll need to do that first before buying new stuff... But I will, eventually.

Llew
17-03-2009, 13:26
I'm counting down to your website. That's some genuinely amazing stuff, and I've already forwarded the pics onto other friends who are into the games but never see Warseer.

I really look forward to seeing all the amazing things you guys can do.

Pirate_bob
17-03-2009, 16:18
This is some amazing stuff! A great source of inspiration, and awe..... and jealousy..

Erazmus_M_Wattle
18-03-2009, 00:23
Good Luck with your enterprise. The stuff you make is quite inspirational. You must be nuts though it is a bit of an odd time to launch a new enterprise.

Wolf Scout Ewan
18-03-2009, 00:38
Anytime is a bad time to start a new enterprise. Specialist enterprises are one of the few industries doing ok at the moment.

Tabletop World
18-03-2009, 10:30
Thank you very much guys!
We truly appreciate your support!

I'm counting down to your website. That's some genuinely amazing stuff, and I've already forwarded the pics onto other friends who are into the games but never see Warseer.

I really look forward to seeing all the amazing things you guys can do.

Thanks a lot Llew for forwarding the pictures to your friends! ;)

Tabletop World
19-03-2009, 15:59
Hello fellow hobbists!
If you like our stuff, please take a minute and vote for our models on coolminiornot.
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Tabletop+World

We really appreciate your support!

Thank you,

Tabletop World

Llew
23-03-2009, 20:12
Any word on your website? I'm waiting patiently for the URL so I can amaze my gaming friends with your offerings.

Tabletop World
24-03-2009, 09:07
It's finished, we are setting up server and final testing it. Thank you for showing interest in it ;)

Wolf Scout Ewan
24-03-2009, 13:24
I'm looking forward to a large and impressive gallery of your work old chap!

Beatomadic
25-03-2009, 16:24
So I am guessing the web site will be up today or tomorrow? I was wondering if you are going to have a form or something on it so people can leave comments or ideas?

Tabletop World
25-03-2009, 19:38
So I am guessing the web site will be up today or tomorrow? I was wondering if you are going to have a form or something on it so people can leave comments or ideas?

Well, you know how things go with computers :D if not tomorow then 2 days from now.

And we'll have that option definitely, but not just yet. We went for simple efective design for starters, to see how will things develope.

Braad
27-03-2009, 08:36
Right... when I go to CMoN, I always look at the top models of the week. What do I see? Half of them is your buildings...

Well done!

Daxio
27-03-2009, 16:12
I am very impressed with both your designs and model making abilities, look forward with great interest to your forth coming web site. Keep up the wonderful work.

orkz222
31-03-2009, 06:44
Really very nice buildings for fantasy, would get some once the website is up.

Tabletop World
31-03-2009, 12:22
Thank you Daxio & Orkz222!
Sorry for the delay guys.
We promise it will be ready for public soon.

marcineczek0
01-04-2009, 03:38
I hope so... I make terrain for over 9 years but I must say I'm very impressed with your work and attention to details. I would love to have your casting skills and technology... maybe than I could make some decent buck. hahaha. I looking forward to your new designs. What I would suggest... Make some smaller buildings like a small cottage... I'm sure you could hook up some more clients if you had something smaller and less expensive to sell to them as a taste of your work.

AFK in Life
02-04-2009, 21:59
Have to say I really like all your stuff, it looks amazing.

I am really curios how you did the grass on the base of the tower, both the colors and the actual material, it has got to be some of the best I have seen.

Skywave
09-04-2009, 05:38
Fantabulous stuff! As much as I like to make terrain myself (to bad I never have/take the time to make some :D), I'm so tempted to buy everything!

If you ever get some modular pieces to custom build our own stuff like walls, roof, windows pack, doors, those windows-on-roof thing, accessory like barels, crate, lantern etc., I think I'll go nut and buy a crap load of it!

And how do you make your shingle for the roof? If you never create some standard roof piece for make our own house I'll have to make them, and that's the part I hate the most!

Also waiting to see that website :D

Tabletop World
10-04-2009, 18:17
Hello guys!
After a lot of delay, our website is finally ready for public, so check it out:
www.tabletop-world.com
Here is one picture of our growing town:

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/TabletopWorldTown.jpg

WIP pictures of the Noble's Town House are coming soon!

@Skywave: you can order any part you want, check the kits on our website. PM or mail us for details.

Cheers!

N810
10-04-2009, 18:28
Wow the website looks great guys,
that pic of your models on the first page looks just like a photo of a real village. :D
looking forward to seeing the new town house.

Crazy Harborc
10-04-2009, 19:14
Thanks for the link I saved it as soon as I checked it out. Gotta go, time to drool, to say oh yeah!!

Ghod
10-04-2009, 20:59
Yeah I absolutly love your stuff, and have been waiting for the website

Hands down best scenery I've seen... kudos to you

No got on and do some Mordheim ruins :D

IceSword
10-04-2009, 23:57
This is the best fantasy terrain on offer I've ever seen. 10 times better than the Forge World stuff !

Braad
11-04-2009, 13:18
Excellent site!
And keep us updated on your progress!

agger
11-04-2009, 14:41
No No No NOO!!! That picture just made my newly refund confidence in my skills as a terrain maker go down the drain! That is so beautiful i just can't stop looking at it !

EmperorNorton
11-04-2009, 19:01
Good to see the site is finally up and running.
I hope the easter bunny leaves a little something for me tomorrow so I can place an order.

Schmacker
11-04-2009, 20:01
I love the city pic. Shows off how cool you stuff is. Looking forward to the Town House. What other things are at the top of your todo list, if I may ask?

zetaplus
13-04-2009, 01:46
Great to see the site up guys, will be ordering all 3 of your buildings (at the least, maybe a town square too) this week! Keep em comin!

Tabletop World
13-04-2009, 10:34
Wow the website looks great guys,
that pic of your models on the first page looks just like a photo of a real village. :D
looking forward to seeing the new town house.

Thanx N810, we do try to make our product to be as realistic as possible.

Thanks for the link I saved it as soon as I checked it out. Gotta go, time to drool, to say oh yeah!!

Good to know, hope you'll enjoy our future products too.

Yeah I absolutly love your stuff, and have been waiting for the website

Hands down best scenery I've seen... kudos to you

No got on and do some Mordheim ruins :D

Thanx Ghod, that's flattering. Mordheim ruins coming up...after small town house and one more project.

This is the best fantasy terrain on offer I've ever seen. 10 times better than the Forge World stuff !

It is so nice to hear something like that. This kind of support keeps us motivated.

Excellent site!
And keep us updated on your progress!

Don't worry Brad, you will know everything that is going on with our production. Any progress on your buildings so far? Feel free to post it here when you finish something.

No No No NOO!!! That picture just made my newly refund confidence in my skills as a terrain maker go down the drain! That is so beautiful i just can't stop looking at it !

hehe, you can always order some parts and other details and than do your own building a bit faster.

Good to see the site is finally up and running.
I hope the easter bunny leaves a little something for me tomorrow so I can place an order.

We hope for that too ;)

I love the city pic. Shows off how cool you stuff is. Looking forward to the Town House. What other things are at the top of your todo list, if I may ask?

Thanks. Watter/Wind mill, mordheim ruin.

Great to see the site up guys, will be ordering all 3 of your buildings (at the least, maybe a town square too) this week! Keep em comin!

Thank you very much. We are looking forward to your order. For any possible questions feel free to contact us by mail.

Dalanshin
13-04-2009, 15:06
Awesomness!! And great photos! Keep it up- I look forward to seeing your range expand. Good luck; I'll order when the budget allows!

EmperorNorton
13-04-2009, 20:20
We hope for that too ;)

Heh.
Sadly, the easter bunny left me hanging, but since I said I'd place an order when you got your website up when this thread started, I just placed an order anyway.
Can't wait.

Tabletop World
13-04-2009, 20:38
PayPal request has been sent to you. Thank you very much. I hope you will post photos of your finished buildings here, we love to see what you guys do with our stuff.

Thanx again,

TW

Beatomadic
13-04-2009, 22:26
So when you guys going to put up some pictures of the new houses :P I might buy 2 of those, they would work on a 40k board of some non-advance planet XP

Tabletop World
14-04-2009, 07:07
So when you guys going to put up some pictures of the new houses :P I might buy 2 of those, they would work on a 40k board of some non-advance planet XP

The house should be finished in about 2 weeks. ;)

zigoR
14-04-2009, 11:05
absolute fantastic buildings :)

TheZombieSquig
14-04-2009, 21:54
Lovely buildings, very reminiscent of WAR online.

Arduhn
22-04-2009, 22:26
...oh crap. Well, there goes all my hard-earned money. *sigh* :D

Braad
27-04-2009, 13:05
Don't worry Brad, you will know everything that is going on with our production. Any progress on your buildings so far? Feel free to post it here when you finish something.

No, not really :(
Got it assembled, and slowly adding some greenstuff. But I still got so much stuff, I'll be needing at least a year to finish everything... And the Tale of Fantasy painters absorbs most of my time, and still 3 months to go... But after that... new possibilities...

EmperorNorton
27-04-2009, 14:16
No, not really :(
Got it assembled, and slowly adding some greenstuff. But I still got so much stuff, I'll be needing at least a year to finish everything... And the Tale of Fantasy painters absorbs most of my time, and still 3 months to go... But after that... new possibilities...
You will join the next Tale, though, won't you?

PayPal request has been sent to you. Thank you very much. I hope you will post photos of your finished buildings here, we love to see what you guys do with our stuff.

Thanx again,

TW
Any idea on when I can expect the kits to arrive?

Tabletop World
27-04-2009, 21:02
It was sent last monday, so today is 7th working day in the post, it should be there tomorow or the day after.

Don't worry it'll get there ;)

Thanx again

Bregalad
15-05-2009, 19:42
No WIP pics of the noble house or concept sketches of the mill?

Tabletop World
16-05-2009, 10:23
No :D there is no WIP pictures, but the house is finished, we'll present it soon. We really like the way it turned out and hope you will like it too.

As for the mill...we have a commission to build first - abandoned factory, and then probably a mordheim house (with interior). After that we'll create a mill definitely.

static grass
17-05-2009, 12:55
Will you be keeping the IP rights to the abandoned factory perchance?

Deamon-forge
17-05-2009, 13:12
ace, i think i mite just order the blacksmith building as i like it so much great work!

Tabletop World
17-05-2009, 19:39
Will you be keeping the IP rights to the abandoned factory perchance?
Yes we will. The building will be available for everyone to buy. ;)

ace, i think i mite just order the blacksmith building as i like it so much great work!
Nice to here that! :)

Tabletop World
19-05-2009, 09:08
Hello guys!

Here are some WIP pictures of our latest commission work.
This is what we have to build (the photo was supplied by our customer):
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8933/factory3.jpg

The work done so far:
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/AFwip.jpg

Tell us what you think. :)

btw, expect pictures of our Noble's Town House before weekend.

Cheers!

Papa Dan
19-05-2009, 09:40
Amazing as usual! Really love the bricks, have you made them yourselves?

Keep it up!

DarthSte
19-05-2009, 09:54
That is flipping fantastic!

static grass
19-05-2009, 12:33
Excellent! A few wagon wheels here and there, a pike or two and say hello to my empire forge! hurrah!

N810
19-05-2009, 13:33
I know that pic it's from the 6th ed Lizaedmen book
where there is a battle set up between skaven and lizardmen. :)

Excelent job by the way. :D

tcraigen
19-05-2009, 22:56
Stunning, I actually am a little short of breath looking at that.

Ghod
20-05-2009, 00:07
Ahh man I remember that warehouse... I always wanted the terrain featured in the book

That might just be my tipping point :D

Please tell me this will be available for general release?

Tommygun
20-05-2009, 11:26
I want to see the tiny brick oven you fire all those bricks in.:D

Tabletop World
20-05-2009, 19:46
Thank you all very much for your constant support and great comments!!

Ahh man I remember that warehouse... I always wanted the terrain featured in the book

That might just be my tipping point :D

Please tell me this will be available for general release?

Yes it will be! ;)

Crazy Harborc
21-05-2009, 00:13
GREAT looking factory. I can just see my Celts rampaging through it's doors.:D It does make me want to try 28mm WWII gaming just to use one like it.

liamrob
22-05-2009, 07:20
Dam this is nice. Don't know how i missed this thread!

What sort of tile are you using?? A clay roofing tile or something? I'm building some fantasy terrain at the moment (walls and roads) and wouldn't mind some help :D

Tabletop World
24-05-2009, 07:57
Thanks guys!

Dam this is nice. Don't know how i missed this thread!

What sort of tile are you using?? A clay roofing tile or something? I'm building some fantasy terrain at the moment (walls and roads) and wouldn't mind some help :D
We are using small bricks (baked clay) for the factory walls.

Ok, the Merchant's House is finally finished.
Here are the pictures:

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/noblesTownHouse1.jpg
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/noblesTownHouse2.jpg
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/noblesTownHouse3.jpg

Tell us what you think.

Cheers!

DarthSte
24-05-2009, 09:20
Another fine piece of work! Well done!

N810
24-05-2009, 19:06
Whewwwwww...

Un-believable :D
Every one of this buildings is just awesome. :)

75hastings69
25-05-2009, 11:22
Fantastic stuff yet again!

Morglum Necksnapper
25-05-2009, 20:11
Fantastic stuff. Do you sell bricks for streets surface seperately? I would like to purchase a kilo or two for my own terrain.

Tabletop World
26-05-2009, 18:33
Thank you guys!
It means a lot to us!!

We have started to make a Chaos Warband for a commission. The customer gave us specific pointers:
He wanted diseased and decayed look. Lots of exposed flesh (muscle, brain) and even bone (on the knee and the jaw), bandages, boils... The model is wearing thorn up renaissance clothes (empire style). Armed with wooden bow tipped with metal. Of course there will be separate details like maces and sheaths of arrows which one will be able to glue on the model.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/COC.jpg

It will be available for the public.

C&C will be appreciated.

TW

de Selby
26-05-2009, 18:52
Can't believe I'm not subscribed to this thread, you've made great progress since last time I checked it. The website is really impressive, congratulations. I wish you every success!

Wolf Scout Ewan
26-05-2009, 18:54
Wow thats impressive!

Daniel36
27-05-2009, 11:50
Wowie. Not only are you guys excellent scenery builders, your sculpting skills are neato as well!

It'll be a while still, but I am definitly going to order some buildings from you guys in the near future. Keep up!

agger
27-05-2009, 12:47
This company is turning real sexy real fast!

Are we going to see more miniatures from your hands? While i'm not sure I can find a use for this one, i realy like your style, and attention to detail!

Tabletop World
27-05-2009, 14:17
Thank you guys, keep on commenting, it gives us strength to continue :)

We are currently making buildings, this model is a commission work, but in the near future we'll definitely sculpt more. We do commissions now at a low price (it doesn't cover our time), but we are expanding our product range and that's all that matters now in the beginning.

Beatomadic
29-05-2009, 23:17
As a little side project I think you guys should try and start your tutorial page, and I think in the future you should defently do some converstions and show maybe different ways you can do the house or something like that. Great work as always and once I get a little cash flow, I plan on buying a building or two.

Wolf Scout Ewan
30-05-2009, 22:58
Howabout doing a Coaching tavern?

Urgat
01-06-2009, 10:32
Yeah, that would be one possible logical next step for a city. Or some church of Sigmar... her, of the Hammer God (IP...). Stables would be neat, too, I've never seen any for sale.
Though I'm rather partial to the simple well, would go nicely in the middle of the town square. But in the end, what I'd like most are simply paved streets, with sidewalks/pavements, and a gutter running in the middle (something like that: http://www.licencephoto.com/mini_photos/3Gl1UzMVhu/General-Misc5.jpg ). With crap and stuff on the ground, well, a good old dirty medieval street. I've always wanted those, and I'm really and inch away from just making some in photoshop and print them.

Wolf Scout Ewan
01-06-2009, 14:13
I also reeeeally like the Fenryll fantasy facades with steps/stairs on the outside. Damn expensive though.

Braad
01-06-2009, 16:52
I haven't even had the chance to start painting my inn :(
Why o why did I accumulate so much stuff that still needs work...

Anyway, it all looks great! As soon (soon?) as I get a chance on starting work on my town-board, I'll be a good customer again.

Tabletop World
02-06-2009, 11:18
As a little side project I think you guys should try and start your tutorial page, and I think in the future you should defently do some converstions and show maybe different ways you can do the house or something like that. Great work as always and once I get a little cash flow, I plan on buying a building or two.
We plan on doing that! ;)

How about doing a Coaching tavern?
Do you have a crystal ball? :D That's exactly what we are doing right now.

Yeah, that would be one possible logical next step for a city. Or some church of Sigmar... her, of the Hammer God (IP...). Stables would be neat, too, I've never seen any for sale.
Though I'm rather partial to the simple well, would go nicely in the middle of the town square. But in the end, what I'd like most are simply paved streets, with sidewalks/pavements, and a gutter running in the middle (something like that: http://www.licencephoto.com/mini_photos/3Gl1UzMVhu/General-Misc5.jpg ). With crap and stuff on the ground, well, a good old dirty medieval street. I've always wanted those, and I'm really and inch away from just making some in photoshop and print them.
Loving the idea of the medieval street. That's something we are definitely going to do in the future.

I haven't even had the chance to start painting my inn :(
Why o why did I accumulate so much stuff that still needs work...

Anyway, it all looks great! As soon (soon?) as I get a chance on starting work on my town-board, I'll be a good customer again.
You accumulated so much stuff cause you are a true hobbist. You'll finish it when you find time, no problem. :)

Anyhow, here are some WIP pictures of the ruined Coaching Inn/Tavern master model.
What you see is a ground floor which served as a Tavern. On the upper floors there will be rooms for guests and an attic.
While the walls on the ground floor are pretty much intact on two sides (sturdy stone walls), the walls on the upper floors and roofs will be much more demolished (brick/wood walls with facade).
Upper floors will even expand a bit in size.
Debris & demolished furniture will be added when we finish with construction of the building.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/CoachingInnWIP.jpg
Huge amount of wall sections were used to build the ground floor (both exterior and interior). This is just a small part of it:

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/TabletopWorld/parts.jpg

Hope you like it so far.
Cheers,
TW

Urgat
02-06-2009, 12:06
Neat :)
Do you plan on making an intact version later? Well, I suppose not, or you'd do it the other way around.
Ah well, birthday soon, I think that's what I'm gonna ask to my girl. Well, the merchant's house, it's the cheapest building. What would be the shipping cost, for France? (btw, the view kit page for that one appears to be down).

Green Grot
02-06-2009, 12:19
The Inn looks great so far. Any more pictures/progress on the Factory shown on the previous page?

How about building some ships, maybe a Norse Dragonship. ;)