PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise

Warlord Gnashgrod
29-04-2005, 06:23
So did anyone else catch last week's episode of Star Trek Enterprise? It was called something like In a Mirror, Darkly and featured the Mirror Universe during Enterprise's time. Personally, I thought it was the best episode of Enterprise ever. Other thoughts?

It's a shame this is the show's last season. They've finally started to get the show down right.

Brimstone
29-04-2005, 06:26
That would be in the US of course, in the UK we are on the same series but the latest one was part of the Vulcan/Surak arc.

I'd agree though, I'm just starting to enjoy it and it's the last series. :(

Warlord Gnashgrod
29-04-2005, 06:32
Well the mirror universe episode has to be seen to be believed. If you remember the original mirror universe episode "Mirror Mirror" from the Original series, you won't be disappointed.

And another great thing about it is that it's a two-parter!

Sojourner
29-04-2005, 08:42
So is Enterprise to be saved? Or is it doomed?

Sai-Lauren
29-04-2005, 09:31
It's a shame this is the show's last season. They've finally started to get the show down right.
Wait until you see the last episode.

Rumours are saying that it's bad, really bad. :rolleyes:

If spolier tags were working, I'd hide the plot in them.

Sojourner, Enterprise at this moment in time is pretty much about to do an impression of a certain Norweigan Blue Parrot. :p

Ass Goblin
29-04-2005, 11:29
Wait until you see the last episode.

Rumours are saying that it's bad, really bad. :rolleyes:

I heard that too. The vulcan lady even admitted the script was crap.

Archaon
29-04-2005, 12:12
The final episode of Enterprise was written by Rick Berman and Brannon Braga..the top honchos of the Star Trek franchise (only the overall studio bosses are above them).

Now factor in that Star Trek has been in a decline for quite some time especially evidently in Star Trek Nemesis and the recent show, factor in that Berman/Braga are the top chiefs and according to rumours and indirect statements by cast and crew that the last episode is pure crap and figure out for yourself who to blame :rolleyes:

I think the only chance Star Trek has to return to the top is when Berman and Braga leave this franchise.
Let's hope they do that before the next show launches...there are still good stories able to be told in the Star Trek universe as the 4th season has shown and when it is helmed by someone who unterstands Star Trek and has free reign.

Snoozer
29-04-2005, 12:20
Enterprise is great, I can't believe that they canceled it...

and I have heard also that the last episode sucks big time, but hopefully that ain't true. It would be a shame if it ended badly now that it has become soooo great.

Sai-Lauren
29-04-2005, 16:26
I think the only chance Star Trek has to return to the top is when Berman and Braga leave this franchise.
Let's hope they do that before the next show launches...there are still good stories able to be told in the Star Trek universe as the 4th season has shown and when it is helmed by someone who unterstands Star Trek and has free reign.
Agree, five words - Peter David's New Frontiers novels.

I think Trek needs another time in the wilderness, so it can freshen up, get some new ideas and get the fanbase wanting it back again, not just expecting a new series because that's what happens.

arxhon
02-05-2005, 18:26
I think the biggest problem with the franchise is that in all cases except one, the basic premise is the same: Some people in a space ship recycle the same plots over and over.

The exception was DS9, where they were in a spacestation instead.

Star Trek needs to either die, or it needs to figure out something to do other than have "we fly around the universe and solve intractable problems in an hour".

It would probably help if they found some good actors for a change, breaking with the Star Trek tradition of having bad acting.

Finally, it never ceases to amaze me when people will say "I gritted my teeth and hated this show for 4 years, but i watched every episode anyway, despite the fact that it made me want to set my TV on fire. But it's finally getting better!" :rolleyes: You just wasted over 80 hours of your life watching something you can't stand. Seriously, that's pretty dumb.

Dude, if you're going to watch the show no matter how bad it is, they ain't going to make it better.

Warlord Gnashgrod
02-05-2005, 19:38
Well, I myself never said that I hated the show. If I did, I would've stopped watching it(like I did with Andromeda). It's had it's good and bad episodes, but overall I liked it.

It just seems that they've finally hit their stide now, when it's the last season. Rather ironic, if you ask me.

If only they'd had more episodes of the quality of the mirror universe 2-parter last season, perhaps it wouldn't have been cancelled. Ah well. Maybe a break from the Star Trek franchise is just what the doctor ordered.

Snoozer
02-05-2005, 21:55
I liked all the seasons of the Enterprise also, it's just that the last one is the best. If I wouldn't have liked it I wouldn't have watched it, I didn't watch voyager other than the first season because I think that one sucked big time.

And about the wasting 80 hours of my live thing... would watching 3 seasons of stargate-sg1 in a week fall in to that category?? yes I should get a live, but hey it's not like I watched ALL the Farscape episodes right after the 3 stargate seasons... I did take a day off inbetween

Ahh that was a really good MONTH :D

:D

arxhon
02-05-2005, 23:54
I watched ALL the Farscape episodes

:D

I am violently jealous of you. :mad: :D

That show rocks.

Delicious Soy
03-05-2005, 02:41
And about the wasting 80 hours of my live thing... would watching 3 seasons of stargate-sg1 in a week fall in to that category?? yes I should get a live, but hey it's not like I watched ALL the Farscape episodes right after the 3 stargate seasons... I did take a day off inbetween

Ahh that was a really good MONTH :D

:DPffft. N00b. I used to have all nine seasons of the X-Files on continous loop. Went through them about 4 times. Until I broke my DVD player.