PDA

View Full Version : Different Tourney Armies That Could Work

jigplums
02-12-2005, 09:16
Are there any armies out there that people feel could work at a gt that aren't seen that much? i originally choose aliatoc because i thought there wouldn't be many using it but have seen quite a few lists there so am looking at something else if possible.

Tyranids is one list that i saw very little of but i feel they are generally a weak army. One thing i thought as i looked around though is that a genestealer list could do well.

An ork hoard is another army i could see people struggling with

What do u guys think?

starlight
02-12-2005, 09:24
I'm currently working on a Harlequin (DE Wych Cult) force and a Last Chancers army. Both likely to go down in flames, but what the heck.:D

My Ork Horde never did well in those sorts of enviroments.:( Draws were common, but wins were not.

jigplums
02-12-2005, 09:43
yeah a mate looked at last chancers and they looked pretty mean on paper

would alot of armies be able to deal with 40 genestealers that have scuttlers, extended carapace?

axiom
02-12-2005, 10:40
Difficult as there's a reason why armies that don't play well don't appear much in GTs. One of my friends is experiementing with an all daemon list at the moment (including Chaos units which daemonic gifts) which is quite interesting, but in effective is just a uber-daemon bomb list.

All bikes don't seem to appear that often...

Vaya
02-12-2005, 12:16
What you're effectively looking for is a list that is killing to power armour. Space Marines/ Chaos make up over 65% of almost each tourny, so an army able to deal with them would have a fair chance.

I'm building an anti-marine Ork Speed Freek army as we speak. Well, not as we speak, because I'm at work right now, but you get the point.

Brother Edwin
02-12-2005, 22:21
would alot of armies be able to deal with 40 genestealers that have scuttlers, extended carapace?

Yes. Easily.

My friends tau for example. His kroot would be in woods so they strike first and kill a insane amount of geenstellers for there points. Plus you will never kill the 3 hammerheads or catch his suites.

A marine army will tear through it with tornados, due to escalation they will bring on there stuff where your geenstellers are not, and shoot at them.

My ulthwe seer council tears throughgeenstllers, heck even the wounds for my starcannons will get to use there catapults.

jigplums
03-12-2005, 00:07
what about something along the lines of

hive tyrant with psychic scream, venom cannon barbed strangler, enhanced senses and 3 Tyrant guard
hive tyrant with psychic scream, venom cannon barbed strangler, enhanced senses and 3 Tyrant guard

20 spine gaunts
20 spine gaunts
20 spine gaunts
20 spine gaunts
20 spine gaunts
20 spine gaunts

3 zoanthropes warpblast Psychic scream

redemptionist15
03-12-2005, 00:53
Yes. Easily.

My friends tau for example. His kroot would be in woods so they strike first and kill a insane amount of geenstellers for there points. Plus you will never kill the 3 hammerheads or catch his suites.

A marine army will tear through it with tornados, due to escalation they will bring on there stuff where your geenstellers are not, and shoot at them.

My ulthwe seer council tears throughgeenstllers, heck even the wounds for my starcannons will get to use there catapults.

All this kids and his penis is 14" Long. :)

Brother Edwin
03-12-2005, 19:43
what about something along the lines of

20 spine gaunts
20 spine gaunts
20 spine gaunts
20 spine gaunts
20 spine gaunts
20 spine gaunts

3 zoanthropes warpblast Psychic scream

Well in escalation the hive tyrants are practicly useless and the gaunts are Ld 5.

It cant really kill tanks.

I would massacre it because it is a gimic relying on shooting and minusing peoples Ld.