PDA

View Full Version : UK Conflict Tournaments - Doubles system

Darkness
02-12-2005, 20:19
As you may have read in the latest White Dwarf, the Conflict tournaments are changing from the usual one person, one army tournament system, to a doubles tournament (allies).

The question is, do any of you know of anything such as points costs? I'd assume it would be the same as the Doubles Tournament held at Warhammer World (for 40k it would be 400pts, 40k in 40mins style, I assume), but if anyone knows of something else, please share it!

Crazed_monkey
09-12-2005, 15:28
Yeah I'm sure that 40k is two armies of 400pts so 800pts total and Fantasy will probably be border patrol (500pts iirc)

Theres a thread a bit lower discussing this and the changes to less events and it seems a lot of the guys that were planning on going have now decided against is, because of small games, the ease at which others can abuse the patrol game rules. I'm dissappionted but will still probably go once I find a mate to go with and think up a beard...I mean themed army...

Peace out

Fallen Angel
11-12-2005, 11:33
Ripped from GW events forum:

Hi

I have just been handed a poster to proof-read, which has the following information:

Conflict Scotland:
Sunday 21st May 2006, 10am - 6pm.
The Crown Plaza Glasgow, Congress Road, Glasgow, G3 8QT.

Conflict North:
Sunday 4th June 2006, 10am - 6pm.
De Veres Whites Reebok Stadium, De Havilland Way, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6SF.

Conflict South:
Sunday 18th June 2006, 10am - 6pm.
Alexandra Palace, Alexandra Palace Way, Wood Green, London.

Tournament Tickets 40, admits TWO people.
Open Pass Tickets 10, admits one person.

Regional Doubles Tournaments for:

The Lord of The Rings: 250 points of Good and 250 points of Evil per player.

Warhammer 40,000: 400 points Combat Patrol force per player.

Warhammer: 500 points Border Patrol per player.

Age Restriction 12+.

Open Pass includes access to:
- Conflict Painting Competition
- Painting Advice and tips from experts
- Terrain Factory, make scenery and take it home
- Participation Games
- Army Workshops and tactical advice on army composition
- The latest releases and hobby supplies

For more information talk to your local Games Workshop Hobby Centre.

Couple of small details to be clear about:
- I don't have confirmed ticket sales dates yet, but I guess from New Year.
- This is a sneaky preview of the info literally as it hits my desk; it might change and please don't regard it as rock solid until you see a poster in you local store or full details online in the Events Diary.

Oh, and don't shoot the messenger; if you have a problem or question about anything, email:
events@games-workshop.co.uk

I hope that helps.

Cheers
Che

Fallen Angel
11-12-2005, 11:34
4 games of doubles in one day for 20? Probably still going to go especially as i have quite a good partner but Bolton?! hmm.

marv335
11-12-2005, 16:00
i'm not sure if i want to play combat patrol doubles.
someone will field two scout squads and eight land speeder tornadoes.
you know it'll happen.

Fallen Angel
11-12-2005, 17:13
or take 12 vypers................ahem.

HubertCumberdale
05-01-2006, 15:23
i have to say im very disappointed that they changed the system. i went to conflict norwich last year and had a good time and was looking forward to this years, but when i found out the regionalised them, oh well gt here i come.

TAU AIR CASTE
08-01-2006, 05:14
well conflict london was such a big ****** up last year hopefully this year will be better (I should have been joined winner but they ********d up the scores) but I'll be there this year for the doubles along with my friend the winner of last years conflict (who had the same score as me but some how they messed up the scores) ..... anyone getting the impression that I'm a little bit bitter about this? :D
lol.