PDA

View Full Version : Whats the most annoying squad you can think of?

complete n00b
09-02-2009, 20:29
I was reading my eldar codex the other day and decided to run a squad of cheese.
It is a harlequin squad, all have rending, the troupe master has a power weapon, and it has a shadowseer. They are lead by Karandras (spelling?) So they can infiltrate and to top it of they are also joined by a farseer with doom, fortune and spirit stones.

When i played the list I deployed the squad 12" away from my opponent where he couldn't see them, and then got first turn.
I put fortune on the squad so they all have it (even if he leaves the squad!!!) the harlies went off to hunt down and kill my opponents terrminator command squad (thankfully no 3+ inv shields), Karandras split and wiped out some devestators, whilst the farseer went the opposite direction and destroyed a vindicator.
Combining this squad with my fire prisms there was basically nothing left of his army by the time he got to have a turn

What i was wondering is what you guys think is the cheesiest, pain in the ass squad of death? can it match the infiltrating first turn harlequin squad of doom?

ZOMGBBQ
09-02-2009, 20:33
Nob Bikers.

Or Wolf Guard

incarna
09-02-2009, 20:37
Sorry, you unknowingly cheated:

p. 21 Codex Eldar: Note that Exarch powers can only ever affect Aspect Warriors and Autarchs in the same squad as the Exarch using them.

complete n00b
09-02-2009, 20:39
Damn well there goes my brilliant idea:( Thanks for pointing it out tho, atleast i won't cheat a second time now:P. The nob bikers idea is actully quite insane just looked at them

carldooley
09-02-2009, 20:42
I was reading my eldar codex the other day and decided to run a squad of cheese.
It is a harlequin squad, all have rending, the troupe master has a power weapon, and it has a shadowseer. They are lead by Karandras (spelling?) So they can infiltrate and to top it of they are also joined by a farseer with doom, fortune and spirit stones.

When i played the list I deployed the squad 12" away from my opponent where he couldn't see them, and then got first turn.
I put fortune on the squad so they all have it (even if he leaves the squad!!!) the harlies went off to hunt down and kill my opponents terrminator command squad (thankfully no 3+ inv shields), Karandras split and wiped out some devestators, whilst the farseer went the opposite direction and destroyed a vindicator.
Combining this squad with my fire prisms there was basically nothing left of his army by the time he got to have a turn

What i was wondering is what you guys think is the cheesiest, pain in the ass squad of death? can it match the infiltrating first turn harlequin squad of doom?

sorry but phoenix lords are only allowed to accompany\join squads of their own aspect, so karandras can only join a squad of scorpions(?).

as to your question, in a game the unit that I fear the most is a 20 strong squad of necron warriors clustered around an orb-lord, especially if there is a monolith within teleport distance..

the thing that I fear most of all right now, that I haven't yet faced, is a properly used vindicaire assassin.

AdeptusOverton
09-02-2009, 20:43
******* Harlequins in squads or on their own.Daemonhunters,Tau shooty armies.

All are the bane of my lives,also Devestator squads.

Usopreme
09-02-2009, 21:10
Actually it says that phoenix lords can not join other aspect squads other than their own, so they can join wraithguard and Harlies, but as already stated they do not extend their benefits to anyone but their aspects.

And to the OPs question nothing is more annoying than nob bikers taken as troops.

njfed
09-02-2009, 21:17
Nobs are no problem for my Imperial Fist Terminator Assault Bikers lead by Lysander on a Jetbike.

Wait...What?

AdeptusOverton
09-02-2009, 21:25
Ah nothing beats a 20 man Berserker squad with its 2 attacks 3 on the charge with a cheeselord with bloodbringer and mark of khorne and all the trimmings of cheese :P getting cheese stuck in your beardy beard whilst cackling wildly as innumerable dice clatter to the table.

ok im calm now but yea....its cheese but I love it

Chaplain Dionitas
09-02-2009, 21:41
A squad of 8 year olds wanting to touch every model.

Bunnahabhain
09-02-2009, 21:46
Anything in a 4th edition Holo-falcon.

Nob Troops Bikers or Plauge marines are probably the most nowadays...

Warforger
09-02-2009, 22:28
Battle Cannons, Basilisks

march10k
09-02-2009, 22:37
Battle Cannons, Basilisks
Those come in squads??? ~horrified~

I'd say 50 conscripts with 5 flamers led by a comissar in 4th edition...took down a flyrant (after frying up a horde of gaunts) with their WS2 and S3 before a pack of ravenors came and ate them....

O&G'sRule
09-02-2009, 22:44
necron warriors

brightblade
09-02-2009, 22:53
necron warriors

Amen to that. They just...won't....die. (and stay dead;)) Especially with silly orb nonsense and big toblerone pals.:chrome:

Doppleskanger
09-02-2009, 22:56
Never seen this in real life but in the 4th ed marine codex you could take a Terminator command squad with a Commander, Chaplain and a Librarian in terminator aromour as a single HQ choice. thats 13 terminators with 3 power weapons and a force weapon, and presumeably 2 assault cannons! Potentially 845pts, which is probably why no one ever used it!

zealot!
09-02-2009, 23:01
nob bikers are rough

also recently found out that big squads of warlocks with multiple destructors are good too. re-rollable 4+ invul saves are pretty awesome

CHOOBER SNIPES
09-02-2009, 23:03
I never saw anyone use it but in the old chaos dex a squad of terminator champions with mutation (+1 attack), powerfist, slaanesh and doomsiren. They always strike first with powerfists. They were only like 65 pts too.... If you wanted you could also give them all resilience (T4(5)).

CthulhuDalek
09-02-2009, 23:24
I also agree that Nob breakers are extremely cheesy...

Daemon Prince of Nurgle a la daemons codex...(It will NOT die... it took forever to kill it)

The_Outsider
09-02-2009, 23:26
As a DE player scarabs are highly annoying as it is very easy for them to close the distance and eat stuff unless you devote serious weaponry to them (which is nearly always better aimed at warriors or destroyers).

MrGiggles
09-02-2009, 23:31
Those come in squads??? ~horrified~

I have this picture in my head of a bunch of battlecannons glued to Ork legs. Best worst conversion ever.

Sidstyler
10-02-2009, 00:45
Tau shooty armies

...oh, I'm sorry, I should have geared my Tau towards assault. You know, like the fluff suggests!

:rolleyes:

complete n00b
10-02-2009, 01:39
Well it seems to me that Nob bikers are emerging as a winners of the most annoying/cheesiest squad award

ZOMGBBQ
10-02-2009, 02:35
...oh, I'm sorry, I should have geared my Tau towards assault. You know, like the fluff suggests!

Damn rite you should have. You should be ashamed for wasting their Initiative 2 and WS 2 by Shooting things!

Splata
10-02-2009, 03:19
sacrificial etherial!

blackroyal
10-02-2009, 03:20
I'm going to have to give this award to shrike and the 10 man assault squad he infiltrates with. Good thing he has to be 18" away. Oh ya... he can charge 19" minimum.
Two of the marine players at my local store have been using this combination. Makes for a very "tactical" game.

Johnnyfrej
10-02-2009, 03:55
I would think a squad of five Assault Terminators all/mostly armed with Thunderhammers and Storm Shields mounted in a Land Raider Redeemer with an attached HQ (...He'stan *shudder*).

Reinholt
10-02-2009, 04:00
Most annoying?

50 damned conscripts with an attached commissar. They are a bunch of suddenly uncowardly weak and cowardly bastards. Very annoying.

gab-skull trasher
10-02-2009, 04:04
Well since my brothers were using broken overpowered lists i thought of having a very powerful squad which is:

Wolf Guard Battle Leader
-(Terminator Armour,Assault Cannon,Frost Blade)
Wolf Guardx3
-(Terminator Armour,x3 Assault Cannon,x3 PowerFist)
Wolf Guardx2
-(Terminator Armour,x2 Thunder Hammers,x2 Storm Shields)
Wolf Guardx2
-(Terminator Armour,x2 Power Weapons,x2 Storm Bolters)
Wolf Guardx2
-(Terminator Armour,x2 Pair of Lightning Claws)
Which comes up to 606 pts. if i did the math correctly

10 models: all in Terminator Armour, 4 Assault Cannons, 2 Storm Bolters, everyone ignores Armour Saves in CloseCombat

Reflex
10-02-2009, 05:37
BAaahahahahahahahahah

what about nerd raging opponents?

my fear is anything that can assault necron warriors, this means that basically i fear everything except gretchin.

ruttman15
10-02-2009, 06:32
So many people have said nob bikers its gotten old. guess why?

maelstrom66669
10-02-2009, 06:59
The tau suits running from my beserkers..... and even tho ive not faced orks yet im now afraid of nob bikers for some reason.....

CrownAxe
10-02-2009, 07:02
20 Bloodletters

StormWulfen
10-02-2009, 07:29
leman russ tank squadrons when the new dex is released:D

Remoah
10-02-2009, 07:44
Anything that can assault guardsman.

EDIT: Anything.

Sekhmet
10-02-2009, 07:45
I hate Terminators with TH/SS.

complete n00b
10-02-2009, 07:45
Yeah I'm worried about tank squads to

AdeptusOverton
10-02-2009, 10:05

Damn rite you should have. You should be ashamed for wasting their Initiative 2 and WS 2 by Shooting things!

Yea well they die well all the same.

Usually stand there and die or get chopped up and die and they do this nice flee thing well my fully tooled group of assault terminators teleports in.

But thats usually after I close with them and those railguns have taken their toll

Then the fun begins.........gets rediculously funny if I use my Khorne army

Im actually considering doing a army of "Oh I'll stand there and shoot with my hugely cheesy guns" thats Tau for the pedantic amongst us and their other team of mass retreat some Gue'Va auxilleries.

Askari
10-02-2009, 12:35
Crisis suits...

Specifically Shas'el with Shield Drones and Fusion Blasters. My poor tanks... and even if I do catch him, T5 4+ Inv. is a tough nut to crack.

Lord Cook
10-02-2009, 12:48
Stormshield terminators. They...will...not..die!!!

TheEndIsHere
10-02-2009, 13:48

Aww, kids... You know, they invented plasma cannons for a reason... But you have to shoot the synapse first (the hive tyrant/their mothers) or Power Fist one, then they phase out (if its not a powerfist, they'll be back). Both methods works but if you got for the synapse, watch out, as you might get psychic screamed or the hive tyrant (aka, mom) might have a bonesword (purse) which also gives catalyst to all the gaunts (I mean kids) might get to strike even after they get removed (actually you might jsut notice then).

Kids, they are like pariahs, no one likes them.

D-End

Levett
10-02-2009, 13:57
Seer Council thats fortuned and turbo boosting..........

Epic fail from the game designers.

cruise
10-02-2009, 14:11
The Deceiver...

Nob Bikers? Stormshield Termies? Pffft. Save, what save? How many wounds? Sorry, didn't really notice... :D

Oh, you charged me...how quaint...pity I'm not actually where you thought I was. Welcome to a round of guass fire, before I charge you.

etc. etc.

Evil, fun, and an awesome way to mess with people's heads. I love my Deceiver :D

Carlos
10-02-2009, 14:13
Seer Council thats fortuned and turbo boosting..........

Epic fail from the game designers.

Nothing an allied squad of grey knights with some incinerators cant handle.

My first vote goes to Ku'gath. OK, so he's 300pts but he has T6, 6W, 4+ Inv, FnP and eternal warrior. His 5A wound anything on a 2+, ignore armour saves and has a 5" blast shooting attack he can shoot on the move. Its only S&P that slows him down, but even then he can take pretty much anything and still dish it out. And he deep strikes meaning he can close pretty quickly.

I swear my eldar have no way of bringning him down. I try a 10-strong warlock squad and he just shrugs off the damage. I try harlequins and his supporting unit just slows them down. Unless I bring 9 sniper drones to level at him together with enough marker shots to ensure they all hit my Tau have nothing either.

marv335
10-02-2009, 14:20
Nob Bikers?
Pfft!
Waste of points.
One battlecannon/vindicator/squad of fire dragons, and they're gone.
2W and FnP mean nothing to S8+.
And once there gone, so is a significant chunk of the Ork army

Levett
10-02-2009, 16:41
How do incinerators kill a seer council? 3+ Save re-rolling from the jetbikes...

Emperor's Avenger
10-02-2009, 16:44
Ghazghkull and a gang of nobz with some power klaws in a trukk.

In a 1k game.

So bad my whole army is based around taking him down. That said, there's nothing quite as satisfying as riddling his xenos corpse with hellfire rounds.

skippy101
10-02-2009, 16:49
my 10 nob bikers with a painboy and 9 (yes thats right 9) power klaws lead by a warboss on bike with power klaw

Bunnahabhain
10-02-2009, 16:59
How do incinerators kill a seer council? 3+ Save re-rolling from the jetbikes...
They ignore inv saves. so no save to re-roll
They ignore cover saves, so no turbo-boost save.

They auto hit, and wound on a 2+, and you have no saves at all. Goodnight seer council, see you in the next life.

TheEndIsHere
10-02-2009, 17:00

My first vote goes to Ku'gath. OK, so he's 300pts but he has T6, 6W, 4+ Inv, FnP and eternal warrior. His 5A wound anything on a 2+, ignore armour saves and has a 5" blast shooting attack he can shoot on the move. Its only S&P that slows him down, but even then he can take pretty much anything and still dish it out. And he deep strikes meaning he can close pretty quickly.

I swear my eldar have no way of bringning him down. I try a 10-strong warlock squad and he just shrugs off the damage. I try harlequins and his supporting unit just slows them down. Unless I bring 9 sniper drones to level at him together with enough marker shots to ensure they all hit my Tau have nothing either.

Never heard of him,

What army?

D-End

x-esiv-4c
10-02-2009, 17:04
Daemon army.

Doppleskanger
10-02-2009, 17:07
Skippy101.
how can you sleep at night? May Vindicator shells rain down on your ugly green head ;)

marv335
10-02-2009, 17:22
my 10 nob bikers with a painboy and 9 (yes thats right 9) power klaws lead by a warboss on bike with power klaw

That's a 900pts+ unit
which can be devastated by one battlecannon shot.

Good luck with that.

Levett
10-02-2009, 17:43
They ignore inv saves. so no save to re-roll
They ignore cover saves, so no turbo-boost save.

They auto hit, and wound on a 2+, and you have no saves at all. Goodnight seer council, see you in the next life.

No.... the bikes give a 3+ armour save to the Seer Council, they got a re-rolling 3+. Incinerator is only AP4.

Sekhmet
10-02-2009, 17:59

Wraithguard with fortune. IIRC, Eternal Warrior won't save him.

Nob Bikers?
Pfft!
Waste of points.
4+ cover save all the time. 3+ if they turbo boost.

IIRC, Nob Bikers are the only unit in the game that can simultaneously have a regular save, invulnerable save, cover save and feel no pain, and they can be standing in the open to get all of that. And they have multiple wounds.

Awilla the Hun
10-02-2009, 18:04
"My first vote goes to Ku'gath. OK, so he's 300pts but he has T6, 6W, 4+ Inv, FnP and eternal warrior. His 5A wound anything on a 2+, ignore armour saves and has a 5" blast shooting attack he can shoot on the move. Its only S&P that slows him down, but even then he can take pretty much anything and still dish it out. And he deep strikes meaning he can close pretty quickly.

I swear my eldar have no way of bringning him down. I try a 10-strong warlock squad and he just shrugs off the damage. I try harlequins and his supporting unit just slows them down. Unless I bring 9 sniper drones to level at him together with enough marker shots to ensure they all hit my Tau have nothing either. "

Oh Carlos, I really feel for you. After all, you only have troops who can re roll four or three plus invulnerable saves, have multiple wounds, can wound anything on a two plus, and generally absorb damage in an uneldarish way.

Yes, I have seen the damage that warlock squads led by Eldrad can absorb. I have seen their leader allocating all the wounds on Eldrad, just so as he cannot possibly ever die, and spreading them around the squad so as no one dies (in a cheaterish sort of way.) And then seen him making the enemy re roll successful armour saves. I would vote that as my least favourite squad.

Oh, and genestealers infiltrating. My gun lines fear them.

Bunnahabhain
10-02-2009, 18:13
No.... the bikes give a 3+ armour save to the Seer Council, they got a re-rolling 3+. Incinerator is only AP4.
Really? The Turbo-Booster USR on P76 of the BRB calls it a cover save....

I was wrong though. The +1T from the bikes mean you're only wounding on a 3+

Levett
10-02-2009, 18:17
they get a cover save from turbo boosting, but an armour save permanently from the bike.

Sekhmet
10-02-2009, 18:18
Really? The Turbo-Booster USR on P76 of the BRB calls it a cover save....

I was wrong though. The +1T from the bikes mean you're only wounding on a 3+

The jetbike itself gives them a 3+ regular save.
So when turbo boosting, they have a 3+ cover save, 3+ regular save, and 4+ invulnerable save.

You have to get past all of those.

zealot!
10-02-2009, 20:00
Nob Bikers?
Pfft!
Waste of points.

5+ invul saves all around. if you put that much fire into my nobz and kill them, everything else still gets there (resulting in a win for me). if they dont die to that one round of shooting, I usually win.

Wolflord Havoc
10-02-2009, 20:08
Anything that needs the tactical acuman of a spavined sponge to use - i.e. Rubber Hawks - Ard boyz with a Big mek and Mad doc...hell any Ork unit with a Bigmek and a mad doc - <cough>spacewolfscouts</cough> ahem

You get the picture!

eldar fan
10-02-2009, 20:43
9 D-cannons, Wound everything on 2's, glance on 4's, Instant death on 6's.
I once versed a nidzilla army, took down the hive tyrants normally then 6 fex's all instant kills:)

Eater of Small Things
10-02-2009, 21:00
Ah nothing beats a 20 man Berserker squad with its 2 attacks 3 on the charge with a cheeselord with bloodbringer and mark of khorne and all the trimmings of cheese :P getting cheese stuck in your beardy beard whilst cackling wildly as innumerable dice clatter to the table.

ok im calm now but yea....its cheese but I love it

Swat me if I'm wrong, but I thought berzerkers get 4 attacks on the charge. 2 base + 1 for two ccw's + 1 for the charge?

And to contribute to the thread I'll say a giant squad of plague marines or plague bearers sitting on an objective. Both of those have been pretty annoying in recent months.

djinn8
10-02-2009, 21:20
Kharn or Abbadon with a 20 man squad of either Beserkers or Possessed gets my vote.

Zelotes
10-02-2009, 21:42

Wow...what else do you field in a small point game? That units gotta run you close to 1K pts, right?

Granted, it's a totally awesome unit :evilgrin: but still

Turok117
10-02-2009, 21:42
A necron force consisting of entirely necron warriors clustered around a lord or two, each with a resurrection orb.

Oh, and a monolith or two for good measure.

If I ever saw that, I think I would just concede almost immediately.

Plastic Parody
10-02-2009, 21:54

hehe

you win

Corax
10-02-2009, 22:21
My personal bugbear is Plague Marines. T5 and 'Feel No Pain' makes them the tabletop equivalent of a bad case of tinea - irritating, and almost impossible to get rid of.

Bunnahabhain
10-02-2009, 23:54
The jetbike itself gives them a 3+ regular save.
So when turbo boosting, they have a 3+ cover save, 3+ regular save, and 4+ invulnerable save.

You have to get past all of those.

I'd forgotten about that. Shows how long it's been since I faced that unit, could have sworn they just had the Inv and the cover save. My mistake.

Not that it makes much difference if they're being slowly cooked alive by lasguns...

marv335
10-02-2009, 23:59
4+ cover save all the time. 3+ if they turbo boost.

IIRC, Nob Bikers are the only unit in the game that can simultaneously have a regular save, invulnerable save, cover save and feel no pain, and they can be standing in the open to get all of that. And they have multiple wounds.

Against Meltaguns, battlecannons, earthshakers, demolishers, lascannons, missile launchers and the like they'll only get the cover save, and loose a 50-75pt model with every failed save.
With the new guard codex coming out soon I predict the end to the Nob biker unit of doom.

onnotangu
11-02-2009, 00:46
Full squad of Acroflagellants that only seem to roll 4s and 5s

tacoo
11-02-2009, 00:52
Knitted out Genesteeler squad, max sized, with broodlord, also kitted out, when there outflanking you

AngryAngel
11-02-2009, 03:07
Only one squad ? I'll break the rules and say the entire necron army.I just can't stand them. I don't find them overly scarey on the whole. I just detest the feeling I get while playing against them. Like I'm working at the coal mine. Just trying to hack down the mighty oak one failed WBB at a time.

Which I also feel with the monolith.

Norsehawk
11-02-2009, 03:10
50 strong IG conscript squad, 4 flamers, led by Azrael from the Dark Angels. every one of them gets a 4+ inv save.

Reflex
11-02-2009, 03:50
tbh im very surprised by the amount of necron comments. it makes the baby C'tan cry....

LiMunPai
11-02-2009, 05:06
The Dark Eldar Talos, just for the shear disregard of all order that comes with it.

Not only was it a skimmer walker with wounds for a while, but the player that used it at my LGS took advantage of the rules ambiguity at every possible opportunity. I hate Turbo-boosting T7 D6+1 Attack on the charge skimmer walker monstrous creature things.

And it shoots the 6 closest models in the shooting phase, resulting in lots of measuring of ranges, which can then be exploited by the player measuring the distances.

Most of all, you can't really check him on his rules because the newest Dark Eldar Codex is damn hard to get a copy of for reference.

Alx_152
11-02-2009, 06:01
Sternguard

StormWulfen
11-02-2009, 07:42
Most of all, you can't really check him on his rules because the newest Dark Eldar Codex is damn hard to get a copy of for reference.

well surely if he is following the rules he will have no problem letting you look in his codex?:evilgrin:

sing Sang a song
11-02-2009, 08:01
A teammate who has brain of DoW maniac.... puts ALL of his army in the corner with basilsk in the middle.... Had to face 3000pts alone with my1500pts chaos. lol

Biomass Denial
11-02-2009, 10:38
A 32 strong squad of gargoyles supported by a flyrant and a lictor , 2 shots each re roll to wound, then 3 attacks on the charge reroll to hit (thanks to lictor) 1 of the attacks at iniative six strenght 4(bioplasma). And without shooting can move 24 inches a turn. Dam expensive to buy em though.

Promethius
11-02-2009, 10:47
Iron warriors back in the day could field vast numbers of cheesy units. Nowadays I would say nob bikers.

AngryAngel
11-02-2009, 15:55
tbh im very surprised by the amount of necron comments. it makes the baby C'tan cry....

Good, I hate that son of a b*#~! too.