PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Chaos Terminators

Silverbullet5774
10-02-2009, 02:00
So as I have been slowly planning out my Chaos army over the last two weeks I have found that I like the idea of using terminator sqauds to fill in an elite slot or two. I have two questions about them though.

1. I would like to give them all twin lightning claws and make them CC beasts. Is this actually a good idea or would this suck horrendously?

2. If I were to decide to do this, how would I go about getting that many lighting claws for my Terminators? Or does the pack come with enough lightning claws to equip all of them with duel lightning claws?

Thanks

MaliGn
10-02-2009, 02:20
1. I think you'd need a Land Raider for this to work best, and the Mark of Slaanesh for the extra Initiative.

2. You'd need to bits order the Lightning Claws from the Chaos Lord kit as there are no Lightning claws at all in the Chaos Terminator kit. a bits reseller like www.bwbits.com would be somewhere to start looking, otherwise you're looking at a very expensive unit cash wise.

Silverbullet5774
10-02-2009, 02:27
1. I think you'd need a Land Raider for this to work best, and the Mark of Slaanesh for the extra Initiative.

2. You'd need to bits order the Lightning Claws from the Chaos Lord kit as there are no Lightning claws at all in the Chaos Terminator kit. a bits reseller like www.bwbits.com would be somewhere to start looking, otherwise you're looking at a very expensive unit cash wise.

Wow, a land raider is something I was wanting to avoid due to the high cost. Do you think deep striking them would work?

Thanks for the link!

ehlijen
10-02-2009, 02:52
Deepstriking a slow moving CC only squad is usually not a good way to get them into combat as the enemy will just walk out of their range.

At the very least, you will need some fast moving icons to let you deepstrike close enough for to reduce to opponents options of escape.

Silverbullet5774
10-02-2009, 02:57
Deepstriking a slow moving CC only squad is usually not a good way to get them into combat as the enemy will just walk out of their range.

At the very least, you will need some fast moving icons to let you deepstrike close enough for to reduce to opponents options of escape.

Ah, I see. Well, in that case I may haveta forgoe the coolness of Duel Lightning Claw terminators for something a bit more practical. I just cant see pumping that many points into the land raider worthwhile for the termies. Thanks for the advice.:)

Buddha777
10-02-2009, 03:01
IMHO the best chaos terminator setup looks like this:

5 Terminators (205): 4 Combi-Weapon, 1 Heavy Flamer & Chainfist, IoS

Deepstrike this unit and watch them blast and then roll over anything. Versatile enough to deal with any threat from MC to an ork mob. Damn handy in CC too with I5 and a buttload of powerweapon attacks.

Use deepstrike to reinforce an area or just take and hold objective.

Silverbullet5774
10-02-2009, 03:07
IMHO the best chaos terminator setup looks like this:

5 Terminators (205): 4 Combi-Weapon, 1 Heavy Flamer & Chainfist, IoS

Deepstrike this unit and watch them blast and then roll over anything. Versatile enough to deal with any threat from MC to an ork mob. Damn handy in CC too with I5 and a buttload of powerweapon attacks.

Use deepstrike to reinforce an area or just take and hold objective.

Do you use combi-meltas, combi-plasmas, or a mixture?

Buddha777
10-02-2009, 03:24
Oh I use plasma but they are versatile to tailor against any enemies you have.

Just as a note I forgot to put earlier, if you really want CC termies than as another poster stated you kinda have to have a LR. Delivery by deepstrike and footsloggin is next to impossible in today's AP2 aplenty metagame.

kaimarion
10-02-2009, 03:27
If you want a hard hitting CC unit take 4 termies with power claws and MoK and 1 termy with a chain fist then stick them in a LR and watch as they devastate the enemy :).

Hell's Angel
10-02-2009, 03:39
Wow, a land raider is something I was wanting to avoid due to the high cost. Do you think deep striking them would work?

Thanks for the link!

The best solution for this is to take 2... Seriously, possessed landraiders are the bane of anything short of eldar/tau. Fill them with a couple squads that will destroy anything and watch the fun. Yes there will be games where someone rolls 2 6's in a row from a lascannon, but more often than not he wont... (then there is always smoke to consider as well.)They are real beasts man. scary tough:evilgrin:

Silverbullet5774
10-02-2009, 04:23
The best solution for this is to take 2... Seriously, possessed landraiders are the bane of anything short of eldar/tau. Fill them with a couple squads that will destroy anything and watch the fun. Yes there will be games where someone rolls 2 6's in a row from a lascannon, but more often than not he wont... (then there is always smoke to consider as well.)They are real beasts man. scary tough:evilgrin:

Ironically, the guy I am learning the game with plays... eldar and tau (not kidding lol). It does sound pretty awesome though.

If you want a hard hitting CC unit take 4 termies with power claws and MoK and 1 termy with a chain fist then stick them in a LR and watch as they devastate the enemy

Do you mean powerfist or lightning claws?

cuda1179
10-02-2009, 04:55
A friend of mine likes 40k, loves to model, and is a great painter, but hates to carry figures and dispises the moevment faze.

This lead him to the three-landraider, 15 terminator army of doom. The rest of the points is entirely spent on troops. One game in 10 someone beats him senceless, the other times they are simple overwelmed by having three landraiders rush them, dump off terminators, then become lascannon platforms.

With that many squads of terminators it becomes hard to avoid them. Everywhere you turn there will be terminators to run into.

Rydmend
10-02-2009, 05:57
4x lightning claw termies 1 chanifist heavy flamer (if you feel so inclined) all with MoK in a possessed land raider......lots of stuff is gonna die.

I don't know about deep striking these guys....they really shine when they have the mobility of the LR. It is a huge fire magnet as you can imagine, every railgun/brightlance is aiming at it, the good side is if you have rhino's as well it tends to let them go unnoticed.

maelstrom66669
10-02-2009, 06:34
Can you even assault after a deepstrike? I may be wrong but I was thinking you couldnt. What I do with my terminators is leave em with power weapons, make em all champions with icon of khorne, stick em in a landraider with havoc launcher. Its kinda expensive, like just under 500 points, but 25 attacks that only allow invulnerable saves, and and armor 14, 6 twin linked attack fire magnet behind them is quite useful.

Reaver83
10-02-2009, 08:29
I have 2 squads one is 4 with LClaws and 1 HF + Fist (IOK) the other is 2 Fists, 4 C.Melta's and 1 HF (IOT)

Vaktathi
10-02-2009, 08:38
So as I have been slowly planning out my Chaos army over the last two weeks I have found that I like the idea of using terminator sqauds to fill in an elite slot or two. I have two questions about them though.

1. I would like to give them all twin lightning claws and make them CC beasts. Is this actually a good idea or would this suck horrendously? With either a MoK or MoS it would work wonderfully if jumping out of a Land Raider. Gawd, MoK Termi champions with twin LC's? 6 attacks on the charge each that reroll wounds and ignore armor? Yes please.

2. If I were to decide to do this, how would I go about getting that many lighting claws for my Terminators? Or does the pack come with enough lightning claws to equip all of them with duel lightning claws?

Thanks
You'd need to trade for the bits or go to Battlewagon Bits (or something similar) and buy them.

Silverbullet5774
11-02-2009, 02:54
With either a MoK or MoS it would work wonderfully if jumping out of a Land Raider. Gawd, MoK Termi champions with twin LC's? 6 attacks on the charge each that reroll wounds and ignore armor? Yes please.

When you put it like that... it makes me want to do it even more. Maybe have four of them in a group with Abbadon in the Black Legion army I'm building. Sounds Nasty!