PDA

View Full Version : Favorite loyal SM

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 01:50
My friend wants to know what chapter to start and i dont want he asking people at the shop becasue he is a nervous wreck so i will vote and it for the Space wolfs, Dark angles

tacoo
11-02-2009, 01:54
space wolves. the only chapter where you can have a squad with 12 members and have 4 PF's, and if you dished out the points, a terminator, in a single squad. nothing says goodbye to your friendly carnifex loke getting puched like 16 times with a power fist

Vaktathi
11-02-2009, 02:02
It used to be Salamanders until every SM army decided to be "Salamanders" with the new codex, so for now I'm going to go with Imperial Fists.

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
11-02-2009, 02:04
Imperial Fists. Without question.

Corrode
11-02-2009, 02:04
I love me some Blood Angles, really hurts when people catch themselves on a nasty acute.

In truth I really do like the Blood Angels, they were my first 40k army back in the day. Having read more about Rogal Dorn though, I have a real hankering to put together an army of Imperial Fists so I cheated and chose both since it's a multi-poll ;)

AngryAngel
11-02-2009, 02:09
I pick the Dark Angles not only do you not see them coming, but they have a dark secret.

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 02:12
I pick the Dark Angles not only do you not see them coming, but they have a dark secret.

True i always like the idea of playing as them becasue when i do i like there is a hidden agenda behind every thing when i play with my firends i freak them out and its lets me trick them so in the end i win though a match of wills (which is pretty much life)

Dach
11-02-2009, 02:13
Howling Griffon :D

dblaz3r
11-02-2009, 02:14
Another vote for the Dark Angels. As soon as I read their background I was hooked.

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 02:25
Howling Griffon i didnt put any of the chapters frome the 2nd or 3rd foundings becasue there are way to many so i just used the legions

Draxas
11-02-2009, 02:35
I voted for Space Wolves. They are wolf-like superhuman vikings in space! What more could you ask for?

They draw their aspirants from a deathworld with viking-age technology, fighting with swords and spears and axes. These people hunt freaking huge sea dragons for resources, using longboats and harpoons. They are constantly battling each other over territory.

Only the most hardcore warriors of these people are chosen to be aspirants. In most cases, you have to die in battle in a way that distinguishes you, usually by killing lots of people in the process, and then be revived by the Wolves. Fenris is natural selection at its finest, and it has made for one of the most vicious and renowned Chapters in the galaxy.

ZOMGBBQ
11-02-2009, 02:39
Space Wolves by far.

And what's better is they are getting a new codex in December

And I hear its gonna be better than Codex: Ultramarines too! (Not that that's hard. C.S. Goto could write the Space Wolf Codex and it would still come out better)

Lord Raneus
11-02-2009, 02:39
My favorite would be Ultramarines.
Yes, go ahead and shoot me, but I love the color and there are actually next to no Ultramarines players in our area anyways, we have Black Legion and Dark Angels everywhere but no Ultramarines...go figure.

Imperial Fists are also really cool and have an awesome color scheme too, as well as a great character.

Space Wolves are really cool too, but they're really old right now and your friend may prefer the vanilla Marines book.

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 02:45
I say to all people who hate Space wolfs FOR THE RUSS, AND FOR THE ALL FATHER I WILL RUN A STAKE INTO YOU STOMACH AND OUT YOUR BACK IF YOU CANT DEFEND YOUR REASONS FOR HATEING THEM... sorry i get a litte emotional when people inslut the good name of Lemon Russ's chapter

AngryAngel
11-02-2009, 02:45
Dark Angels, all the way, if for no other reason then you can pick on any space wolf player ya see. I'd love to play a group game with a space wolf player. Just so I could blame anything bad on him. It's probably their fault anyways, bunch a drunks.

As a reason for why I hate them. I'm a DA player, nuff said.

Usopreme
11-02-2009, 02:56
Blood angels are awesome even if their "codex" sucks right now. Nothing like space marines who live even longer, appreciate art, and occasionally go mad with rage and tear everything around them to pieces.

Hicks
11-02-2009, 03:11
Go White Scars. Nothing beats a horde of raging mongol barbarians on armored bikes speeding towards the enemy with nothing else in mind but to chop their heads off.

On the plus side you don't need a lot of models, they are very fast, resilient, they have great shooting, Khan is a beast.

The only down side is that their armour is white, but that is only really bad if you intend to paint them javex clean... and that's not really in character with the WS anyway.

starlight
11-02-2009, 03:26
I say to all people who hate Space wolfs FOR THE RUSS, AND FOR THE ALL FATHER I WILL RUN A STAKE INTO YOU STOMACH AND OUT YOUR BACK IF YOU CANT DEFEND YOUR REASONS FOR HATEING THEM... sorry i get a litte emotional when people inslut the good name of Leamons Russ's chapter

Let's start with being able to spell the name of your Legion and Primarch and go from there shall we...? :eyebrows:

Salamanders since before they were popular...decades before. :p Although Strictly speaking the Marines of the Legio Phoenix Templars are Successors to the Salamanders. :) Although I also have *counts as* Deathwing, Ravenwing and Blood Angels forces in addition to the regular Marine and Scout forces.

Sit down you, I don't what to hear it!:eyebrows:

:p

Reflex
11-02-2009, 04:10
It used to be Salamanders until every SM army decided to be "Salamanders" with the new codex, so for now I'm going to go with Imperial Fists.

aye, FotM seems to ruin things for me to.

i liked salamanders due to the lack of information on them and their primarch. but now its got to be white scars.

of all the legions? Black templars were my first chapter/ marines and i still love em.

starlight
11-02-2009, 04:13
Except that they weren't a legion. :p

DarkMatter2
11-02-2009, 04:15
Black Templars.

jefferson613
11-02-2009, 04:15
Dark Angels for me, my first special character was Azrael and his little helmet bearer. Plus the robes look badass. Although I'd paint them a different colour >.>

Reflex
11-02-2009, 04:18
whoops
was watching tv when i posted that
mind slip :P

Ivellis
11-02-2009, 04:41
I like both the Blood Angels and the Space Wolves, and pretty much hate most other marines.

Blood Angels are mostly cool because of their Primarch and their Vampiric tendencies.

While Space Wolves are just badass through and through.

Riptide
11-02-2009, 05:50
Imperial Fists

Walls fail. Fists don't.

Alx_152
11-02-2009, 05:53
Space Wolves first
Blood Angels second

blackroyal
11-02-2009, 06:01
As a loyal son of Dorn I must vote Imperial Fists.

However, the second founding "dorn chapters" are my favorite. Yes, both of them.

genestealer_baldric
11-02-2009, 08:24
I say to all people who hate Space wolfs FOR THE RUSS, AND FOR THE ALL FATHER I WILL RUN A STAKE INTO YOU STOMACH AND OUT YOUR BACK IF YOU CANT DEFEND YOUR REASONS FOR HATEING THEM... sorry i get a litte emotional when people inslut the good name of Leamons Russ's chapter :wtf:

ah its a shame another battle brother has fallen to curse of the mad wulfun lets let the rune priests lead him away....:D

having said that,

Drunken space vikings, that like all the simple things in life: beating things up eating, drinking and curling asleep up by a roaring fire whats not to like?;)

my second choice was salamnders:space arson (sp) :evilgrin:

Reflex
11-02-2009, 08:35
haha justicar myo is right... he is a lemon russ... bahahahaha

Earthbeard
11-02-2009, 08:46
Space Wolves

Beards > All

Ganymene
11-02-2009, 09:34
Dark Angels and Blood Angels.

They are both very unorthodox Marine chapters. Not by choice, mind you, but it still makes them cool none the less.

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 12:08
Drunken space vikings, that like all the simple things in life: beating things up eating, drinking and curling asleep up by a roaring fire whats not to like?

True I still like Haegr from the Ragnar Blackmane series he was just a big lug of fun and a Tornado of pain

genestealer_baldric
11-02-2009, 12:24
Me to he was probbaly my 4th fav character out of 40k fiction i was realy annoyed what they did to him though. :(

slasher
11-02-2009, 12:43
Another mad biker - out of all the 1st founding the White Scars are the best

Fixer
11-02-2009, 12:47
Blood Angles?

That's the chapter with the razor sharp protractor dripping blood for a symbol, right? :)

Of course, my personal favorite chapter has to be the Salamanders. How can you not love fire and hammers?

laudarkul
11-02-2009, 12:48
Salamander....For Vulkan
Iron Snakes....they are good
Mentors...they learn

Boss Kopstud
11-02-2009, 12:53
I voted for Space Wolves (good to see the Sons of Russ getting so much love!!). Like I tell my two-year-old, "We can't let the Space Wolves out of the case until it's go tome. They'll run around the house breaking things, howling, and drinking up all the home-brew!". Anyhow, they are just my first and fave. I did give a nod to White Scars, though. Kinda the same feel as the Wolves (tribal, pack-like, ferocious HTH fighters), with beards and wild hair. But painting bikes (IMHO) is not fun, and all that white........ So hard to get it to look good (for me at least....)

:wtf: salamnders:space arson (sp) :evilgrin: Too Funny!!!!

the1stpip
11-02-2009, 13:41
My favorite would be Ultramarines.
Yes, go ahead and shoot me, but I love the color and there are actually next to no Ultramarines players in our area anyways, we have Black Legion and Dark Angels everywhere but no Ultramarines...go figure.

I agree. All the Ultramarine hatred gets to me. They were my first army back in 2nd ed, and I still have a soft spot for them.

Having said that, I chose Salamanders, cos I am one of those men with his dog.

DoomedFuture
11-02-2009, 14:33
Ultramarines, becuase they are the best of the lot. 999 chapters wish they were as good as them. Says so right in the codex!

genestealer_baldric
11-02-2009, 14:43
Ultramarines, becuase they are the best of the lot. 999 chapters wish they were as good as them. Says so right in the codex!

ah this is going to turn nasty :p

btw do you want to be burried or cremated ;)

loveless
11-02-2009, 14:52
Hmm...out of the options...

Iron Hands. They feel like the "darkest" of the lot. They don't trust my beloved Ecclesiarchy (which should probably make me _not_ like them, but still...) and have a rather ridiculous chapter organization. Ferrus Mannus also had a...hrm..."memorable" death, shall we say?

As for the other "dark" chapter...Fallen-shmallen, the Dark Angels are emo without a good reason to be emo (Honestly, the only Marines allowed to be emo are Raven Guard and Night Lords due to the mental states of their Primarchs).

Salamanders and Space Wolves get the "Noble" awards for being the two chapters apparently most concerned with the well-being of the people of the Imperium.

Imperial Fists make me chuckle, but they probably have the most famous successors out of the lot.

Ultramarines never really bothered me until the 5th edition Codex. Now I just want Calgar dead.

Blood Angels...well, Horus was just following standard RPG rules - all of your problems can be solved by finding the prettiest boy around and beating the crap out of him. The sons of Sanguinus just don't do it for me.

White Scars, while looking quite cool, lose out on my vote due to a combination of everyone screaming "KHAAAAN!" whenever they come up in conversation and the fact that Khan leapt into the Webway.

I think that covers the bases of the loyalist legions.

Except for the Alpha Legion ;):p

Goq Gar
11-02-2009, 14:57
White Templars.

Seriously, you have to make the poll complete :p add an "other" option.

Bloodknight
11-02-2009, 15:46
Voted White Scars, but they are close to the Imperial Fists. Kudos to evrybody with a peinted force of these.

Nostro
11-02-2009, 16:52
Blood Angles hidden in Dark Angles can be dangerous. Beware of pointy objects in the shadows...

Nero
11-02-2009, 17:02
Anything but Ultramarines, them being the vanilla chapter. Unless you have a particular fondness for being the average, run-of-the-mill, flavourless force. Or you really like the colour blue.

I'm personally fond of the Imperial Fists myself, mostly because they seem like a secret Slaaneshii cult (brightly coloured armor and the whole masochist pain-glove thing).

Fixer
11-02-2009, 17:21
In 3rd edition Ultramarines were seen as boring. They were the vanilla army that everyone else was based off of with minidexes and had no real character to themselves.

In 4th edition they got some special characters and a little flavour, along with a colour scheme and model upgrade. Still, they were seen as fairly plain. Least they had some nice background fluff for them.

In 5th edition, they have become the Mary Sue of marine chapters. Everyone loves them, thinks they're super-special-awesome and want to be like them and do whatever they ask since they're always right. Single units in the Ultramarines chapter are more decorated than entire armies, Marneus Calgar himself can destroy fortified worlds by flexing his muscular buttocks.

Being such a loved and flawless group of people they are now the most reviled first founding chapter in existence.

Sister_Sin
11-02-2009, 17:28
Salamanders. First army I build and played when 40K:RT was released. Still my favorite official Chapter.

Sister Sin

Brother Enok
11-02-2009, 17:40
Sallies, and long before the current fad. Kudos to long time fans of this wonderful but obscure chapter.
After that its the Imperial fists.

Ubermensch Commander
11-02-2009, 17:42
Salamanders, Raven Guard, and Ultramarines.

Just because Sallies got popular due to their SC does not mean I will not stop lovin their fluff. Life over Pride, now that is a Primarch whose legacy I can respect.

Raven Guard simply because they are the special ops marines. Maximum output, min effort. Also Corax owned up and paid the price personally for his efforts to rebuild the chapter post haste

Ultramarines-They epitomize what a Adeptus Astartes should be after the Heresy. They carry on the same lesson learned by the Romans and every successful professional army: Codify and unify your military structure. Pass on training. Tah ******* Dah.
Also I respect the fact that Guilliman saw beyond vengeance and his own personal glory and rebuild/restructured the Imperium after the Heresy. ALL the Primarchs were fighting Chaos, Guilliman did that AND saw beyond being just a warlord, he was a statesman as well. "Well ****, the Legions lead to a civil war that nearly wrecked our Imperium....lets NOt have that again, ok?"

marv335
11-02-2009, 17:46
Legion?
Imperial Fists (I have a Crimson Fist force that dates back to 1st ed)

ard boy stu
11-02-2009, 17:49
I chose white scars cause a while ago i considerd making an army of one

Hicks
11-02-2009, 18:03
I chose white scars cause a while ago i considerd making an army of one

I know a White Scar marine is a terrifying opponent, but maybe not an army by himself. :p

ZOMGBBQ
11-02-2009, 18:44
I know a White Scar marine is a terrifying opponent, but maybe not an army by himself. :p

Unless all Whitre Scars are actually Calgar!

Murrithius
11-02-2009, 18:53
Calgar? He's not nearly as unkillable as the banana marine's hammer boy!

genestealer_baldric
11-02-2009, 20:41
Calgar? He's not nearly as unkillable as the banana marine's hammer boy!

this is a good point,

Banana man quite happily pounds whole armies to death, he even dosn't need superteds help anymore :(

i dont think they ever made a model of them but hager, torrin and ragnar are my favorite

isidril93
11-02-2009, 20:43
black templars!!

Necromancer2
11-02-2009, 20:57
Whats with the sudden popularity in Salamanders?

I like the Flesh Tearers personally. ;)

Justicar Myo
11-02-2009, 21:32
I knew it the favorite was going to be Space Wolfs I mean come on space vikings is cool but they have more beer in their bags then a bars whole storage:p

ruttman15
11-02-2009, 21:40
Imperial fists!! the emporer's REAL finest!!!

loveless
11-02-2009, 21:44
Banana man quite happily pounds whole armies to death, he even dosn't need superteds help anymore :(

Oh, I know this has been said before, but now all I can think of is Lysander running up over a hill into a pile of Iron Warriors screaming "IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!"

plantagenet
11-02-2009, 21:55
Imperial fists get my vote followed by blood angels, White scars and space wolves.

Imperial fists are for me the best of the legions that defended earth during the hh

Sideros Peltarion
11-02-2009, 21:58
Favourite loyalists? I would say Relictors and Alpha Legion, though neither of them are loyalists in the conventional sense and as they aren't on the list I selected Iron Hands and Raven Guard.

Relictors because they are the Xanthites of the Astartes who realise Chaos isn't evil it just IS.

Alpha Legion because I love the idea of having 10,000 people called Alpharius in an army and because they are one of the most interesting legions.

Raven Guard because they love the lightnign claws, like me, and do the old behind enemy lines and sabotage stuff like 2 of my fav traitor legions, the Alpha Legion and Night Lords.

Iron Hands because they have a cool primarch and the Ecclesiarchy hates them

Xelloss
11-02-2009, 22:24
No Black Templars in the list so I voted for their original legion...

Since I heard the rumours of Blood Ravens being TS successors I quite like them too

Sir_Turalyon
11-02-2009, 22:32
Dark Angels because of Space Hulk computer game, cool colour schemes of fallen and healthy dose of Paranoia.

Space Wolves and Raven Guard for all-around coolness.

Honourary note to Blood Ravens for appearing in computer game without being Ultramarines.

Frep
11-02-2009, 22:41
I'm a Dornaphile(though I think they have creams for that now) so I voted Imperial Imperial Fist.

Marshal Augustine
11-02-2009, 22:44
Black Templars, but why where they not on the list?

ZOMGBBQ
11-02-2009, 22:46
The thread title is a bit misleading, it should be "Favourite 1st Founding Legion"

Justicar Myo
13-02-2009, 12:27
Dark Angles where my 2nd choice beccasue I like being all sneaky like but I mean come how on earth are they supposed to sneak around in that armour. Thats why my 1st choice was space wolfs they know what the armour is for. Running straight in to a fire fight.

rickie8437
13-02-2009, 13:16
Blood Angels for me

nothing like vamps in space

Starchild
13-02-2009, 14:19
DARK ANGLES: Evil geometry aliens from the fourth dimension!!! :evilgrin:

OK, just kidding. Dark Angels have the best-looking models. And they require some skill and precision to win games, just like regular SMs should be (but aren't.)

captaincortez
13-02-2009, 14:47
I suppose a vote for Imperial Fists is like a vote for CRIMSON FISTS.

Giganthrax
13-02-2009, 15:20
Iron Hands > all.