PDA

View Full Version : powerfull allies

LemanRuss
11-02-2009, 10:54
hey guys.
i'm looking for some strong allies for my 500 points inducted guard.
what i'm looking for is anything in the marine hemosphere that has the possibility of having 3 attacks(1 base,cc wep ,charge)
so no grey knights as they can only get 2 max.

i was also thinking in the direction of deathwatch(theyre still on the gw site)
and i only play friendly games (tough competitive).

with the deathwatch rules i came up with this

librarian codicier
marine with heavy bolter and hellfire rounds
marine with meltagun
2 veterans with boltgun with inferno shells

i'm making truescale space wolves so i thats why the two marines with boltguns are veterans(+1 attacks is wolfy)

but if anyone else has a better idea for 5 truescale spacewolves that can ally to my ig i'd love to hear it!
is there anything else at all out there?

please...(insert name) youre my only hope

chromedog
11-02-2009, 11:18
Grey knights CAN have 3 attacks with charge (Terminators), the Brother-Captains get 4 on the charge.

Bear in mind that the only allies for guard (outside of apoc) are either Witchhunters or Daemonhunters, and if you have 'inducted' guard, you can't have 'inducted' marines as well.

LemanRuss
11-02-2009, 11:22
well as its 500 pts following the combat patrol rules i can't really use termies as they have 2+ saves

ehlijen
11-02-2009, 11:27
Ogryns have marine T and get 3 very high strenght attacks on the charge.

But there is no way outside of apoc to have guard and marines in the same army anymore (the deathwatch entry is fading quickly as it references so many things that just don't exist any more).

Grimtuff
11-02-2009, 11:48
Ogryns have marine T and get 3 very high strenght attacks on the charge.

If he's using CP rules you cannot take Ogryns either (2 wounds max). ;)

ehlijen
11-02-2009, 12:21
Argh, forgot that bit.

Seraphim? Rough riders?

RichBlake
11-02-2009, 12:26
Sisters? They have funky faith point powers.

LemanRuss
11-02-2009, 13:16
why are deathwatch slowly faded away?
all i can tell that could be interpreted as faded away is the true grit rule.
all other things like the librarian being better at combat than the current marine one i see as being normal due to him being deathwatch and not a standard marine libby.

anything else that is out of the ordinary?

SanguinaryDan
11-02-2009, 13:28
Honestly I don't see any other way of making it work. You've got the Deathwatch (who, as has already been stated, aren't truly "legal" anymore) and the only other ways to get PA allies are GK or Sisters.

Another option would be to use the Sternguard rules from the new Codex. If you are only playing friendly games, people shouldn't really care. And I believe the general opinion has been that SG replace Deathwatch. You lose the move and shoot Heavy Bolter, but you gain Heavy Flamers and base A of 2.