PDA

View Full Version : Lightning claw help

DEADLOCK_1992
11-02-2009, 20:13
Due to GW not having any chaos lightning claws in the terminator box (they made some for the terminator lord so why not the terminators?) I went on a search to see what I could find and found these

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1400026&rootCatGameStyle=

basicaly I would just like to know if anyone has had any experience with them or if they would look silly or not. Also if there are other ways of getting decent looking lightning claws please tell, though I don't want to be spending large amounts for them.

And finaly thanks in advance :)

SPYDER68
11-02-2009, 20:18
Were the terminators suppost to come with the lightning claws ? or no ?

DEADLOCK_1992
11-02-2009, 20:23
No they weren't, I just thought it was odd that they didn't have them as an option though when loyalist terminators and the terminator lord can get them

ankara halla
11-02-2009, 20:39
basicaly I would just like to know if anyone has had any experience with them or if they would look silly or not.

These are what lightning claws are supposed to look like. IMHO of course, but I haven't gotten used to the look of the new "knuckle iron" ones and vastly prefer the look of the originals you have in your link there.
To me they look better than the modern ones, but do you like them, that's the question and one that only you can answer.

(and to point out, the text in the link has the left and right shoulder pads confused, it's naturally the right one that's blank, not the left one...)

Also, you might want to do something to the crux terminatus on the left shoulder, and it being metal, it requires some work.

As to alternatives, you could buy the plastic sprue for the loyalist terminators that has the new style "knuckle iron" look from a bits selling store (there are plenty around, do a search to find one to your liking). They don't look as good, IMO, but the crux would be easyer to get rid of, them being plastic and all.

As to why Chaos termies don't have the claws in the box, well, the box can only hold so many sprues. The loyalists don't get all the options in one box either, it's the regular or the assault box for them. You could hope for GW to release a second box of Chaos termies that would have claws in it, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Anyway, I think they look great, but it's naturally your call.

revnow
11-02-2009, 21:47
So, you have a couple of options.

The first is the one you mentioned, which are 10 for $17.00, roughly $3.40 a pair.

The second is the "knuckle iron" LC.
I would reccomend these http://www.thewarstore.com/product27164.html for $6.99 a pair

Or these http://www.thewarstore.com/product27165.html for $5.99 a pair.

They have the least "loyalist" style insignia on them. But they are notably loyalist because they are "post-heresy" origin.

If you care a good deal about the theme and are willing to spend a bit more per pair, you can get these http://www.thewarstore.com/product33515.html for $9.99 a pair, and are considered "pre-heresy" in origin.

Really it comes down to how much your are willing to spend, and how thematic you want your Chaos termies to be. Personally I think that the Chaos Lord "pre-heresy" set looks the best.

SimonL
11-02-2009, 21:56
I have resisted buying the new assault termies as I hate the look of the new LCs... one point about using those metal ones, if they are sized for the old metal terminators, they will be smaller than the plastic arms. Seriously, compare the two assault cannons...

ankara halla
11-02-2009, 22:03
The size difference between the assault cannons is far greater than the size difference between the lightning claws. Still, the new ones are bigger, but not disproportionately so.

Sir_Turalyon
11-02-2009, 22:10
These metal ones are sized for metal terminators. I just compared new plastic and old metal lightning claw terminator, and tried plastic body with old metal storm bolter hand, and it does not neccesarily look bad. What is important, sholder pads are almost the same size. Arms are little too short in proportion to body, but it makes suit even bulkier, and in good way - they look like sticking out hands of marine clad in armour much bigger then himself, rather then overgrown marine clad in armour made to fit him. Hmm, it's giving me ideas...

Vampiric16
12-02-2009, 17:16
You could of course buy the lords lightning claws separately from a bitz site.

pookie
12-02-2009, 17:38
they are too small for the new C Termies, why not use the Imperial ones, for a tart they dont come with the Crux shoulder pad, so they would be very easy to 'chaosify'