PDA

View Full Version : are there any fluff characters that you would like to see in the game?

carldooley
11-02-2009, 21:04
by fluff I mean characters that are in the literature but doesn't have their own entry in their respective codexes. Personally, I would love being able to field Ciaphas Cain, especially if you got the null too(which won't make sense unless you read those particular books.

also, I don't see Kais from the firewarrior franchise getting his own character, on account of his being catatonic at the end of his book.

Tonberry
11-02-2009, 21:19
Kais has rules in an old WD for a special battle report based on the trench level from Fire Warrior.
I was thinking of Cain too when I clicked on the thread, some rule where if fails a leadership test, him and every unit with 6'' or so gets some gind of boost, as his cowardice is misinterpreted as herosim would be cool.

Mozzamanx
11-02-2009, 21:24
Zso Sahaal or Honsou would be awesome. Maybe they could give the army traits, like in C: SM

Col. Dash
11-02-2009, 21:44
This is a fun one with Cain because we all have different impressions of him. I think he is out to save his own skin but in a good way, he is basically like most of us. Just Murphy plays a big role in his life both for and against him. He should get some kind of invulnerable save with the fluff that something bad happened at the last second to mess up whatever was going to kill him. The dude with the p-fist tripped, or got sick at Jurgan's smell and whiffed the attack. Something goofy and Murphyesque.

Lord Raneus
11-02-2009, 21:49
Cain, cain, cain!

MacVurrich
11-02-2009, 22:10
got to go for Kommanda Uzgob, aka Maverork and his smartboy Gimzod
could use the model from FW as a start

Bregalad
11-02-2009, 22:15
Any female farseer :)
And 5 piles of mutilated Harlequin corpses from a Goto novel ;)

CommissarKlink
11-02-2009, 22:18
Orkimedes!

TwoKingMick
11-02-2009, 22:22
Another vote for Cain. By far my favourite Black Library character.

Count Zero
11-02-2009, 22:23
Ventris :cheese:

Frep
11-02-2009, 22:43
Chuck Nor-(WHACK)!!! OK, OK i kid, seriously though, I think Caiphas Cain would be very cool.

xibo
11-02-2009, 22:51
lord solar macharius doesn't have rules in the current codex.......
i think there was a named ethereal who left tau space to search for o'shova somewhere in the old tau codex...

the1stpip
11-02-2009, 23:04
I'd like to see Erebus, as the Chaos Codex is keyed to Warbands now, but the special characters are all high level, god specific legion characters (except the Tyrant, but thats cos he is cool).

Alessander
11-02-2009, 23:27
Solar's rules from the early 3rd ed IG codex can be downloaded from GW's site.

Sarpedon would be cool. Perhaps as a forgeworld model...

Murrithius
11-02-2009, 23:33
Eisenhorn would be a good one. but then he can be made from a witch hunter inquisitor (penetant henchman as a pariah)

Grimbad
12-02-2009, 00:01
Snagrod, Arch Arsonist of Charadon.
The ork beat the stuffing out of the Fists and is headed for Ultramar just when communication breaks down, but there's no rules for him? I can totally see an ork in mega armor with two skorchas. We need another Mega Armor Warboss anyways, and he'd fit perfectly with the other special characters if he allowed a burna unit or two to be taken as troops.

MajorWesJanson
12-02-2009, 01:17
Cain/Jurgen
Amberly (Ordo Xenos to boot!)
Orkimedes
Ventris
Sarpedon (Yeah, a FW model would be best)
Honsu
Eisenhorn
Ravenor (More Ordo Xenos, plus an easy model to design :D )
Alaric (Need more GK chars, including a GM)
Cherubael (Demon char?)
Shira Calpurina

Lord Raneus
12-02-2009, 01:19
Sarpedon would be excellent too, yeah.

Col. Tartleton
12-02-2009, 01:32
Brevet Captain Learchus :)

Take that Graham McNeil, the temp replacement you created to make your character look better got rules and your baby Uriel didn't...:p

Bellygrub
12-02-2009, 01:43
Bring back Nazdreg

Born Again
12-02-2009, 03:26
As stated: Cain (with Jurgen), and possibly Amberly too. Orkimedes, and bring back Nazdreg! And is it Sarpedon, the chapter master with the 8 legs? I'm glad they brought back Huron Blackheart, another character from the 2nd edition Chaos book I always had a soft spot for was Foulspawn, the daemon prince of nurgle. That guy was cool. Though now I guess he may seem too similar to Ku'Gath.

druchii lord narakh
12-02-2009, 04:10
I know the one we all want to be in rules...

THE IMMORTAL EMPEROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na id say maybe Gabriel from the blood ravens or bring back sergeant centurius and his legion of the damned. yeah that be good.

o and can i ask who is Amberly, Ventris, and Sarpedon?? and what books are they in so i can order them.

id also say maybe bring nork deadog back from 3rd ed.:):)

thechosenone
12-02-2009, 04:11
M'Kachen/Amon Chakai or whatever name the Lord of Change named model is.

Filthy O'Bedlam
12-02-2009, 04:14
Gotta go with Sarpedon. Would be great rules and hopefully a great model.

Vesica
12-02-2009, 04:15
Pre-heresy Fulgrim
Sanguinius
Brother Rafen
Brother Priad
Brother Ventris
Most of the main characters of the soul Drinker books.
Inquisitor Eisenhorn
Inquisitor Draco

:D

Born Again
12-02-2009, 05:37
I know the one we all want to be in rules...

THE IMMORTAL EMPEROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na id say maybe Gabriel from the blood ravens or bring back sergeant centurius and his legion of the damned. yeah that be good.

o and can i ask who is Amberly, Ventris, and Sarpedon?? and what books are they in so i can order them.

id also say maybe bring nork deadog back from 3rd ed.:):)

Amberly is in the Ciaphas Cain novels. Sarpedon is in the Soul Drinkers series I believe.

Thylacine
12-02-2009, 06:35
Bjorn the Fell Handed. As a full IC, HQ option and being able to dead a 'squad' of dreadnoughts or Wolf Guard Bodyguard.

If not then I would settle for the 0-1 HQ Elite Vdread as a full IC with the ability to take a retinue of WGBG.

In 2nd ed, Bjorn was a special character but he did not make the jump to the 3rd ed codex, which was a mistake in the eyes of all SW players.

Xgladar
12-02-2009, 06:47
i've always wanted kor phareon and erebus as chaos marine special characters

ChaosReigns
12-02-2009, 06:59
I think that Warmaster Davroth could make for an excellent Word Bearers special character if GW fleshed him out a bit. It would definitely be nice to have some competition at the top for Abaddon. ;)

Other than that I've always wanted to see Anakwanar Sek in the game, fighting with his fearsome and disciplined Sons of Sek. I have a soft spot for the Lost and the Damned, but I suppose he could be a special character for Imperial Guard, or perhaps have his rules written up in a White Dwarf.

Kettu
12-02-2009, 07:03
Daemonifuge's own Daemonifuge, Epheral Stern; the Heretic Saint.

Immune to untouchables, Invisible to daemons, Lethal to the very essence of the warp itself.

Sadly, she'd probably be about 300pts and largely under-powered aginst anything that isn't daemonic.

Hicks
12-02-2009, 07:14
I'd say Tancred the Grey Knight.

Nero
12-02-2009, 09:17
Cain is the obvious choice for the new Guard codex. Hope we get him.

Why stop with Kor Phareon and Erebus for C:CSM? Word Bearers should get the Ultrasmurf treatment - 6 special characters! We could stick Lorgar, Eliphas, Jarulek and Zymran in there too.

destroyerlord
12-02-2009, 10:12
Honsu, Eisenhorn, and Cypher (doesn't have any current rules).

Ganymene
12-02-2009, 10:34
I want to see the return of the Solitaire in the next Eldar codex (I know they're not unique, but still cool).

I'd also like to see Honsou make an appearance in a legion codex.

Radium
12-02-2009, 11:07
I vote for lots and lots of characters in WD or online or something, might not be tourny legal but that's ok. It'd be great to have a flavourful characters that don't have to be very good or anything, but just fun to use in one-off games.

Reflex
12-02-2009, 11:10
that pissed off necron lord stuck on medusa V :D

[SD] Bob Plisskin
12-02-2009, 11:22
dont know if it really counts because he's not really fluff just a character that had rules but no longer has. I'd love to see Nadhu Fireheart.

Qualdinesh
12-02-2009, 11:27
I'd also like to see a female farseer or a farseer on a jetbike :D

Fay_Redd
12-02-2009, 11:55
@ Druchii Lord Narakh.

Yeah Gabriel Angelos would be very cool indeed, I actually started to write a codex for Dawn of War, i got Angelos actually done and it was pretty cool. Then my computer died and i lost it.

In my opinion i would like to see some kind of heroic veteran sergeants again, like Lysander was in 3rd Ed SM book. I would also like to see some more sorcerer heroes for CSM. Like Sindri from original DOW, he would be cool i always liked him the best. Just how he really hated Bale but put up with him for his main plan.

Kelderaith
13-02-2009, 02:55
Cain

Cypher
Nuadu Fireheart
Erebus
Kor Phaeron

most people pointed out very interesting option indeed. I would add to that:

Kasteen
the girl commander from phantine in double eagle ? can't remember her name, blanks ? (love IG that are airborn)

I have blanks right now but it would be cool if GW mades more special character that aren't broken but offers special little things either by themselves or army wide (though imho stray from He'stan and other HUGE army bonus like that).

Nakor
13-02-2009, 04:39
orkimedes hahaha thast excellent +1

The Samaritan
13-02-2009, 04:44
I cant think of any... hmm. how bout the fallen phoenix for chaos?

weissengel86
13-02-2009, 05:24
I'd say Tancred the Grey Knight.I second that along with Justicar Alaric.

Sir_Lunchalot
13-02-2009, 06:37
Chuck Norris would be cool, if unbalanced

Special Rule:
Chuck -ing Norris You win. Remove your opponent's models, then roundhouse kick him in the face for good measure

Seriously though, I'd love to see Ciaphas Cain with Jurgen. His special rules could be:
Abject Coward Cain and any unit he is with may choose to automatically fail any morale check they are forced to take. Whenever Cain flees, he gets +1 to the dice roll to see if he gets away.
Hero of the Imperium Cain gives all units within 12 inches +1 LD. This works even when he is fleeing.

And of course the usual stuff about Jurgen being a pariah.

hawo0313
13-02-2009, 06:48
I'd like to see rafen of the blood angels he's cool and has the spear of telesto and help mephiston resist the red thirst (yeah again for some reason it affected him twice) anyway it would be cool if he was in the game.

-spear of telesto: counts as master crafted power weapon that can shoot as a heavy flamer and only effects enemy units. (counts as 2 cc weapons)
-jump pack.
-death company do not have to move 6" towards nearest enemy unit while he is in it.

Lord Cook
13-02-2009, 12:29
Grizmund. Any tank within 6" of him should be able to move at full speed and still shoot as if it was only moving at Combat speed.

Sir_Turalyon
13-02-2009, 14:13
Cypher (ok he has rules, but good luck in finding them!). Caphias Cain too, but representing his limitless dumb luck on battlefield would be difficult.

Btw it seems like good moment to recall Caphias Cain posing to propaganda photo miniature... I love the ladder part.

http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/blacklibrary/blciaphus/blCiaphasCain.htm

Grazzy
13-02-2009, 17:44
Bjorn, the SW dreadnought. He is like a venerable, venerable dreadnought.

druchii lord narakh
13-02-2009, 21:11
I cant think of any... hmm. how bout the fallen phoenix for chaos?

NO give him to dark eldar.
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djinn8
13-02-2009, 21:28
Lord Eidelon (sp?). Seems strange to me that the Emperors Children are missing him.

Sir_Lunchalot
13-02-2009, 21:34
Btw it seems like good moment to recall Caphias Cain posing to propaganda photo miniature... I love the ladder part.

http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/blacklibrary/blciaphus/blCiaphasCain.htm

I NEED that mini.

buzz631
13-02-2009, 21:39
i reckon any books that have a good sale there main characters should be made and i bet they would easily sell

simonjedi
13-02-2009, 22:42
I'd go for
DOOMRIDER....
(Na na, na na.)

Or maybe Vance MFing Stubbs as an apoc unit, it stops the guard player from using baneblades :p

TheMartyr451
13-02-2009, 23:01
Nork deddog.:)

Grimbad
14-02-2009, 00:58
The problem with making Orkimedes a character is that nobody's sure who or what he is. It would be cool if Orkimedes was something like this:
Orkimedes (?)- ___points each
Unit: 1-3 Orkimedes (Orkimedices?).
Orkimedes (Orkimedices?) are Big Meks with randomly generated equipment. Each one allows you to take a killa kanz mob or deff dread as a troops choice. Any battlewagons in an army containing an Orkimedes (?) may change its unit type to walker for +___ points.

druchii lord narakh
14-02-2009, 04:57
Give guard nork deddog again

ihockert
14-02-2009, 10:17
I'd like to see rules for Arguleon Vec, just out of curiosity.

Vote Kantor
14-02-2009, 10:59
Every Primarch
Every other charachter from the great works of LASTIE=]L[=
CAIN
Gaunts Ghosts (current rules suck)
Macharius
IG named Psycher
IG tank commander
Salamanders captain Norris =]L[=
NAMED NIDS+NECRONS
TECH KING (or equivalent):chrome:

Sikkukkut
14-02-2009, 12:11
the girl commander from phantine in double eagle ? can't remember her name, blanks ? (love IG that are airborn)

Bree Jagdea. Not sure what her tabletop rules would be, though, given what she does.

For me, the Carthaen swordswomen from the Eisenhorn and Ravenor books, plus Zso Sahaal, plus Pontius Glaw.

Thud
14-02-2009, 12:15
Not Cain. Seriously. I love the novels, but if he were to get rules, I'm sure I'd just be disappointed.

Who I would like to see make a comeback, though, is Doomrider. I'm quite serious about this. Doomrider roxxors anyone's boxxors. Although, I think my Chaos-playing mate and I were the only ones in the world who actually liked Doomrider. :p

Edit: Instead of Cypher making a comeback on the tabletop, I'd rather see a novel about him. Mr. Thorpe, I know you post here, and if you're reading this; get writing! ;)

NightrawenII
14-02-2009, 13:18
Kommanda Uzgob w/ smartboy Gimzod
Ciaphas Cain w/ Jurgen
Sarpedon (come on guys, you WANT sm librarian with 8 legs)
Zso Sahaal
Ahra, the Fallen Scorpion (for DE)
Solitaire
justicar Alaric

Epic Thoughts
14-02-2009, 15:34
Here's a third vote of Zso Sahaal. I think all the non-cult legions need special character representation. And, no, Huron Blackheart doesn't count.

Lord Malorne
14-02-2009, 15:49
Sarpedon and Cain, i'd like a cain model but it and his rules would be rather plane I guess...unless he comes with jurgen :D.

Yay new soul drinkers boook out soon!

Hellgore
16-02-2009, 13:42
I'd say Tancred the Grey Knight.

Yeah man, absolutely! And Alarik and his buddy (forgot the name momentarily).

laudarkul
16-02-2009, 18:25
Sarpedon
Grizmund
Eisenhorn and his retinue
Kaiserlach or whatever SL Officer/Hero

Flipmode
16-02-2009, 18:31
In Codex:Eldar there is mention of a giant wraithbone construct from Iyanden I think.

And a ranger from Alaitoc too.

And god forbid we give creedence to the work of CS Goto but the special warp spider would be pleasant.

Colonel Stagler
16-02-2009, 18:54
@ laudarkul : Grizmund is in FW IA 1 mate

Grindgodgrind
16-02-2009, 19:19
Farseer Kelmon, Inquisitors Czevak/Kryptmann...

Wolf Sgt Kirke
16-02-2009, 21:44
Grizmund. Any tank within 6" of him should be able to move at full speed and still shoot as if it was only moving at Combat speed.

Bjorn, the SW dreadnought. He is like a venerable, venerable dreadnought.

both of those are seconded

I would also like to see all the ghosts named characters done - nothing special, just maybe little tweaks - obviously Saint Sabbat would need some serious rules - better than Celestine anyway

and the blood pact characters as well, and Pater sin, Anakwar Sek and the nine assasins as well - some of the lone wolves charcters as well and Ephrial Stern.

Lieutenant Kage from the last chancers - in fact all the last chancers would be good.

add my vote for Ciaphas Cain as well!

shelbyw26
17-02-2009, 03:22
I would like to see Jorin Bloodfang of the 13th company

vardald
17-02-2009, 03:31
definately Cain. he'd have a super laspistol, WS and BS of like 500 000, bionics, carapace armour, 4+ invulnerable, a fair few wounds as well as make any unit he's with fearless (on account of their faith in the 'hero of the imperium') but withh the option to fail any morale test if desired. he'd also probably come with Jurgen and a salamander and cost like a thousand points.

on a side note, it would be interesting if this 'commisar lord' that has been rumoured was actually cain or someone similar.

carldooley
17-02-2009, 03:36
definately Cain. he'd have a super laspistol, WS and BS of like 500 000, bionics, carapace armour, 4+ invulnerable, a fair few wounds as well as make any unit he's with fearless (on account of their faith in the 'hero of the imperium') but withh the option to fail any morale test if desired. he'd also probably come with Jurgen and a salamander and cost like a thousand points.

on a side note, it would be interesting if this 'commisar lord' that has been rumoured was actually cain or someone similar.

ummm. . .

I would expect Cain to have a leadership if 5, if not lower, with wild things happening when he fails. also, I think that he shouldn't be fielded with any other commissars, as they tend to see right through him. as a character, I don't expect cain to be anything special - the special rules would be Jurgen's; BS5, meltagun, Psychic Void

frankly, I think that Cain should be like a TE ethereal - but for IG. Bonuses for his army when he's on the field, Massive bonuses when he gets taken off.

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
17-02-2009, 04:36
GORGUTZ! The one character in DoW whose awesomeness matches that of Gabriel.

Or, if not him, then Cain, Eisenhorn, or Kor Phaeron.

dodicula
17-02-2009, 06:30
I can't believe no one mentioned
Honsou, or Captain Eshara (Imperial Fists Captain) from Storm Of Iron

CthulhuDalek
17-02-2009, 07:27
Ciaphas Cain for the Umpteenth time!

EDIT.

Yeah, with Jurgen of course!

laudarkul
17-02-2009, 17:40
@ laudarkul : Grizmund is in FW IA 1 mate

I do not have the book (yet)...And I prefer to have the fluff characters in the GW Codexes:) not the FW books.

arachnid
17-02-2009, 22:18
Asaid_Virenus ("http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Asaid_Virenus)

As a mercenary unit able to be hired by any army, xenos or not.

Maybe let the opponent automatically field
Lord Antigonous Balorodin , as she is always hunted by him.

Zahr Dalsk
17-02-2009, 22:38
Eliphas the Inheritor
Sindri Myr
Taldeer of Ulthwe
General Sturnn

And maybe, as an Imperator Titan equivalent, Shas'la Kais.

Bregalad
17-02-2009, 23:28
I can't believe no one mentioned
Honsou, or Captain Eshara (Imperial Fists Captain) from Storm Of Iron
Honsou was mentioned 4 times in this thread, starting with post #3. But who reads more than 2 posts nowadays before posting himself :rolleyes:

maelstrom66669
17-02-2009, 23:42
Cypher, I bought his model because it looked cool, if only I could use it for something...

Murrithius
18-02-2009, 00:33
Zaraphiston, Abbadon's now favoured (again) sorceror...

Biomass Denial
18-02-2009, 07:26
Cherubael named deamon host. Would be rather expensive considering he was capable of one hitting a titan but oh well.

Ravenor because making a floating black chair cant be all that hard can it. Should be able to "Ware" other minatures like from the books giving them a boost to WS BS and I

Industrial Propaganda
18-02-2009, 12:41
Erebus for C:CSM? Word Bearers should get the Ultrasmurf treatment - 6 special characters! .

Erebus is just a Chaos dreadnought :p

Carlos
18-02-2009, 12:51
Arhra (the fallen phoenix lord and hinted boss of the Incubi) HAS to be in the future DE Codex. They've hinted at him far too much in the past not to do it.

Industrial Propaganda
18-02-2009, 12:57
Arhra (the fallen phoenix lord and hinted boss of the Incubi) HAS to be in the future DE Codex. They've hinted at him far too much in the past not to do it.

That's true. Arhra and the supposed Incubii "aspect warriors" need more fluff support from GW.

Ravening Wh0re
18-02-2009, 19:08
Eidolon and Arha

Shangrila
18-02-2009, 19:21
Lord Solar Cook! No seriously though, Lord Solor Macharius. Its heresy to not have him in the IG dex. I would like to see Commissar Cain, i mean guants there why cant he be?

Could use Nork Deddog to.

Shield of Freedom
19-02-2009, 05:04
Commissar Holt.

He was the Commissar commander you played as in the old PC game FINAL LIBERATION. It was a turn based game using the rules for "Warhammer 40,000:EPIC."

Plus it would be cool to have a character come with his own transport. He had a Chimera that had a Lascannon in the turret instead of a Multi-laser.