PDA

View Full Version : Question about Land Raider

Silverbullet5774
12-02-2009, 05:12
So I won an auction tonight on Ebay for a pre assembled (but not painted) chaos land raider. I was looking at the weapons on the raider and saw something called a HK Missile. Is this just an abbreviation for Havok missile???

Also, are the small lights above the treads the search lights that come standard on the land raider?

Finally, is there a place on the land raider that shows smoke launchers?

Heres a pic of the unpainted land raider.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w57/FierceDiety5774/LandRaider.jpg

MajorWesJanson
12-02-2009, 05:18
Wow, someone doesn't know how to put the lights in a Raider. They are supposed to be inside the housings :eyebrows:

The HK missile is that Hunter killer missile in the rear hatch, facing backwards. I suppose you could use it as a Havok. The builder also tossed in a normal marin crew, not a chaos marine. Sensors on the sponsons are missing, and some of the spikies are broken or bent pretty hard.

Smoke launchers are separate bits, usually put on top of the forward light mounts or on top of the track guards at the front.

If it is cheap, go for it, it will need some work to fix up though.

Silverbullet5774
12-02-2009, 05:31
Wow, someone doesn't know how to put the lights in a Raider. They are supposed to be inside the housings :eyebrows:

The HK missile is that Hunter killer missile in the rear hatch, facing backwards. I suppose you could use it as a Havok. The builder also tossed in a normal marin crew, not a chaos marine. Sensors on the sponsons are missing, and some of the spikies are broken or bent pretty hard.

Smoke launchers are separate bits, usually put on top of the forward light mounts or on top of the track guards at the front.

If it is cheap, go for it, it will need some work to fix up though.

It was really cheap actually, got it for 22$ or so. I noticed the spikes, but I didnt really mind them being broken since chaos land raiders have been used for such a long time by chaos that I would imagine they wouldnt be in pristine condition (after 1000's of years of war).

I dont know anything about the sensors you are talking about, but as long as they are not mandatory for anything they are not too much of a worry to me.

For the smoke launcher I guess im gonna haveta buy one seperately, which kinda sucks. It also sucks that he didnt put the lights in correctly, but I guess as long as they are on there I will find a way to make it work.

Now I am wondering though, how do i get the HK missile, which is not an option for a chaos land raider, off the tank? Because I dont mind paying to get an actual havoc missle launcher for it, and its just stupid that its on there at all.

Also, do you think its possible to just use some green stuff to add some spikey bits to the marine and make him look a little chaos like?

Maybe even add some tentacles and stuff to make it a posessed land raider?

Thanks for the reply btw, it really cleared up alot of my confusion.:)

ankara halla
12-02-2009, 05:37
By sensors he means the lenses which are usually mounted on top of the poles the Lascannons pivot around. Here however, they might not even fit since the LR has those spiky archs on top of the LC housing. They loog good IMO, as do the headlights, very chaosy.

Getting rid of the HK missile shouldn't be a problem. Cut it off if nothing else, it's not hard to make it look good even if you do need to break some plastic.

As to the rider, a lick of paint is more than enough IMO, but again, conversion is not hard.

Silverbullet5774
12-02-2009, 05:45
By sensors he means the lenses which are usually mounted on top of the poles the Lascannons pivot around. Here however, they might not even fit since the LR has those spiky archs on top of the LC housing. They loog good IMO, as do the headlights, very chaosy.

Getting rid of the HK missile shouldn't be a problem. Cut it off if nothing else, it's not hard to make it look good even if you do need to break some plastic.

As to the rider, a lick of paint is more than enough IMO, but again, conversion is not hard.

Cool, thats encouraging. Considering this is literally the first item I have bought for my army I was a little intimidated by painting it and fixing those things. I have done a ton of reading and research about conversions and painting and whatnot though. I think I will try to turn this into a possessed land raider, as it just sounds extremely cool to me. I will haveta cut that HK missile launcher off then I guess, thanks for the advice.

kabum
12-02-2009, 07:07
Good buy for 22$. The HK is hunter killer missile. You can use it has a havoc missile launcher. just say it before starting the game so the oponent don't claim.
It's a good buy in my opinion.

TRICorp
12-02-2009, 07:20
Just make sure to properly deface those imperial eagles! Death to the false emperor!

Silverbullet5774
12-02-2009, 14:05
Just make sure to properly deface those imperial eagles! Death to the false emperor!

Yeah, I will definitely deface them. I was thinking about making extra armor from green stuff and putting it over them actually.

MajorWesJanson
12-02-2009, 14:10
If the front hatch is not closed, you can probably reach inside and pop the top hatches out from inside with your finger.

If you get a chaos acessory sprue, it will have hatches, crew, smoke launchers, and the havok, as well as more spikes. http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1080001&prodId=prod1290062

Silverbullet5774
12-02-2009, 14:33
If the front hatch is not closed, you can probably reach inside and pop the top hatches out from inside with your finger.

If you get a chaos acessory sprue, it will have hatches, crew, smoke launchers, and the havok, as well as more spikes. http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1080001&prodId=prod1290062

May the gods of chaos give you there blessings!

... the good ones... not the spawn tentacles and whatnot.

maelstrom66669
12-02-2009, 16:59
Looks pretty decent really for the price, id prefer to fix up an unpainted one, then a badly painted one, also, smoke launchers are no longer an optional thing, all the vehicles have them, so you dont have to model those(like grenades).