PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions of impportance

jaws900
12-02-2009, 10:03
Ok i have been wondering this for agess and i can't even get a answer out of the staff so can you guys have a go.

1 - A Warg rider is counted as Cavalry but is a Wild warg or a Lose Warg counted as Cavalry.
2 - If so does that mean a Warg Chieftain is Cavalry or a Monsours mounts as the ruels for a montous mount is any cavarly modal that has a strength of 6 or higher which he has.
3 - Also would all modals that have a movement of >6 count as cavalry like Spiders.

LordKhaine
12-02-2009, 10:14
wild wargs dont count as mounted models, this is because they are not mounted, but they have 2A each anyway

Tae
12-02-2009, 13:09
Cavalry models are only those models who actually have riders.

Wild Wargs, Giant Spiders etc. are all not cavalry (and believe me, given I have a Spider Queen army, I wish this was not the case!)

jaws900
13-02-2009, 08:42
I do agrre with you there. With the staff we eventually came to the disision that having the rider would lend wiaght to the charge along with various weapons. However Monsous mounts are diffrent. A Fellbeast would still be a mountous mount if there was no Nazgul atop it (Ignoring the Feral specail rule) and Giant Eagles are montous mounts and don't carry anyone. So would the Warg chieftain count?

destroyerlord
13-02-2009, 10:16
As far as I know Great Eagles are NOT monstrous mounts, and Warg Chieftains certainly aren't either. Only Shelob who has the pounce rule and Fellbeasts count as monstrous mounts since the one rulebook came out.
Eagles getting the charge bonus was from older rulebooks where Gwaihir could only be taken as a mount for Gandalf or Radagast.

lotrchampion
13-02-2009, 14:18
Eagles aren't MMs. Warg Chieftains aren't MMs. Wargs aren't cavalry.

If it consists of a Mount and a Rider, it is Cavalry. If it says in the profile that the Mount is a Monstrous Mount (e.g. Fellbeast), it is a Monstrous Mount. Otherwise, it is treated as normal. Yes, in the case of Eagles its a little silly, but that is the rules of the game. You could always House Rule in that they are Monstrous, but at tournaments and suchlike, the game is played by the letter of the rules.

jaws900
14-02-2009, 07:58
Thanks. I probally use eagles as MM's as there Evil cousins are too. (And if you think about it the nazgul has very little to do with the Fellbeast's fighting)