PDA

View Full Version : Necron VDR

hendybadger
15-02-2009, 21:51
i am looking at making some new necrons ships for apocalypse.

but i cant remember where to find the necron vdr rules.

can anybody help please?

carldooley
15-02-2009, 21:55
P. 75 2004 Chapter Approved

hendybadger
15-02-2009, 22:49
thanks for that

Inquisitor Engel
15-02-2009, 22:58
FYI - technically no longer valid.

TheEndIsHere
15-02-2009, 23:09
Yea, kinda 2 editions old,

This is the one thing that make me SURE that GW is run by retards,

Always release Big things, then change edition... WTF. Why release Apoc less than a Year before 5th ed?...

Surely they would of known, takes more than a year to make a new edition...

D-End

Bregalad
16-02-2009, 00:25
When the VDR were fresh, you could construct a Landraider with 200 bolters for 400 points or so. Get the first round and shoot ;)
Perhaps this explains why the concept of freely designed vehicles wasn't so successful :)

sydbridges
16-02-2009, 00:33
When the VDR were fresh, you could construct a Landraider with 200 bolters for 400 points or so. Get the first round and shoot ;)
Perhaps this explains why the concept of freely designed vehicles wasn't so successful :)

The VDR rules can give pretty reasonable results as long as you don't approach them with the goal of being an ass. They were written for people who built cool new models and wanted a system for working out how many points they should cost, not for people to design hypothetical "This would totally crush my opponent" vehicles.

chromedog
16-02-2009, 04:01
The VDR rules can give pretty reasonable results as long as you don't approach them with the goal of being an ass. They were written for people who built cool new models and wanted a system for working out how many points they should cost, not for people to design hypothetical "This would totally crush my opponent" vehicles.

Ah, I knew I'd find someone else on this board who thinks this way eventually.

Just because it CAN be used to create broken abominations against ghod, doesn't mean it HAS to be used that way.

Sadly, there aren't that many of us that think like this still around (at least, not playing 40k at any rate).

Bregalad
16-02-2009, 11:22
The VDR rules can give pretty reasonable results as long as you don't approach them with the goal of being an ass.
But aren't rule systems just about keeping people from doing that? ;)
Sounds a bit like "Our law system is fine, if you don't approach it as a criminal mind that is!" :p

sydbridges
16-02-2009, 12:21
But aren't rule systems just about keeping people from doing that? ;)
Sounds a bit like "Our law system is fine, if you don't approach it as a criminal mind that is!" :p

They're more like guidelines, though. The idea is you approach them with your cool model and come up with an estimate as to how much it is worth, not that you sit there and cheese your way with the system. Besides, while I saw plenty of people talking about hypothetical 200 bolter land raiders when the VDR came out, I didn't actually see a single 200 bolter land raider.

HsojVvad
16-02-2009, 18:22
FYI - technically no longer valid.

Why is that? Here in Ontario Canada, at the HQ bunker store in Oakville, there is some tournement coming up, Astromicom and it said VDR and Fore world allowed, so I still take it that GW allowes VDR rules here and there.