PDA

View Full Version : Intriguing IG mini

JJsmoothdaddy
16-02-2009, 05:39
I was digging through my old 40k stuff when i pulled out my 3rd edition rulebook and started flipping through the picture pages. On the first IG page, there is this sweet catachan model with an autogun and what looks like a can of gas kneeling down. I've looked around the net but there seemed to be nothing about it and there naturally wasnt anything on Ebay. take a look please and see what you find out

ehlijen
16-02-2009, 05:44
If he's got an autogun, I'd suggest trying to widen the search to include necromunda miniatures. Maybe he's in there somewhere.

Heretic12
16-02-2009, 06:00
Looking at that pic right now. It actually looks like a P.Fist on his left hand. Possibly some kind of conversion, dunno its actual origin. That gun though looks like one from an old metal weapon sprue. Could just be a pretty wicked conversion, like the warboss on page #221. Less that boss is stock too . . .

Shadowheart
16-02-2009, 06:00
That's a conversion, loosely based on a Mark Gibbons illustration from the second edition Guard codex. Most of it seems to be the Catachan captain, with an autogun from the Necromunda weapon sprues. That can of gas is actually a power fist.

edit: pic's also in the Catachan codex, says it was done by Anthony Bath. So if you want to know how it was done, ask him.

Wolfblade670
16-02-2009, 06:15
I was getting ready to ask about that fig myself. Always wanted it. Too bad GW doesn't sell the Necromunda weapons sprues anymore...

JJsmoothdaddy
17-02-2009, 02:53
Ahh ok. Thats upsetting though that its a conversion lol because ive always wanted one. That doesn't look like any power fist ive ever seen. How would one get a hold of this Anthony Bath?

Warforger
17-02-2009, 04:50
Phone Book :P

The power fists back then were very different then they are now, they were smaller, much smaller.