PDA

View Full Version : Plasma Cannon Sentinel-Duplicate-CLOSED

Ironmonger
16-02-2009, 18:12
With this confirmed, how many people will be running 3 of these at a minimum (assuming they come in a single squad)? If they're HS, a few of these, some Punishers and regular Russes could be pretty devastating in my opinion.

Lord Cook
16-02-2009, 18:17
My understanding was that the new heavier sentinels would be Elite choices. In all honesty I think I'll just stick with lascannons anyway; while being able to hit multiple terminators or suchlike at once is nice, against big monsters you've really just lost the ability to wound on a 2+, and you're much weaker against tanks. That and with the general fragility of sentinels, even if these have Av11, I'd rather be able to hang back another 12" further away and still shoot.

TheOneWithNoName
16-02-2009, 18:19
It's really going to depend on their cost. If they come in at 55 to 60 pts a pop then it's too expensive in my opinion. If they're in the 40 pts range then I would be tempted.

Toe Cutter
16-02-2009, 18:21
Damn, ninja'd. More or Less what Lord Cook said. Also, I'd rather take the eradicator than the Punisher. Seriously though, what is it with everyone wetting themselves over heavy 20? Its a large number of dice to throw but hardly a new precedent and not nearly as unpleasant as dakafexes with the ability to reroll to-hit and to wounds rolls.

vladsimpaler
16-02-2009, 18:21
Actually the ones that interest me the most are the Rocket Launcher Sentinels.

Sure they lose the Ap2, but 3 templates against hordes or 3 Str 8 hits against a vehicle is just too good to pass up, especially if they are costed appropriately.

SPYDER68
16-02-2009, 18:29
Im just hoping they make sentinals worth taking, right now i cant bring myself to bring them out or even buy the models.

Ironmonger
16-02-2009, 20:36
Well, the model-from what I can see-looks pretty decent. Will definitely be getting some for my Ad Mech force (especially now that an armoured cockpit is on a plastic spruce!).

FraustyTheSnowman
16-02-2009, 20:55
Personally I'm hoping for infernocannon sentinels. I know, don't hold my breath and all that. Is there a list somewhere of the new sentinel types? I didn't see anything about it in the guard rumor thingy, but I might have skimmed over it.

Never been one for plasmacannons honestly, they always look like mechanical penises to me. Hopefully they get redesigned...

boogle
16-02-2009, 21:03
the Sentinels can be armed with the following:
Multi Laser
Lascannon
Heavy Flamer
Autocannon
Missile Launcher
Plasma Cannon

Ironmonger
16-02-2009, 21:04
There are 6 types from what I've seen: Multilaser, Lascannon, Heavy Flamer, Plasma Cannon, Missile Launcher, and Autocannon.

Khornies & milk
16-02-2009, 21:07
I'll be getting 3 so I can add them to my Armoured Battlegroup list. They'll round out my army rather effectively I feel.

40kdhs
16-02-2009, 21:09
3 is going to be a 'minimum'.

Killgore
16-02-2009, 21:16
Im looking forward to the new kit, iv always been put of buying the sentinal kit due to not getting all the bits in one box

hopefuly these weapons will be easily changable

rocket pods!!! id love to convert some beefier looking launchers of death

t-tauri
16-02-2009, 21:17
This duplicates the existing news and rumours discussion and is largely pointless until the codex is released. Thread closed.