PDA

View Full Version : Unit characteristic's on GW website

selone
18-02-2009, 01:26
I didn't think GW generally posted the characteristic values of their model's but yet whilst looking for prices on things I noticed that their battalion box had all the units values posted M, WS, S etc which is a nice change.
Also as I'm an Orc player I was very pleased to see that it appears all orc and goblin troops getting a buff, as they are now becoming mini-flyers with a charge range of twenty inches!
It also appears giant spiders are getting a much needed boost with a charge range of 36 inches ! vroom ! :chrome:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300317&prodId=prod1050139&rootCatGameStyle=wh

brizzle_g
18-02-2009, 02:37
I'm pretty sure that's a misprint as that would mean spider riders would get a turn one charge and anything else could get a turn 1-2 charge. Plus it doesn't match up with the AB and there is no errata on it so I'm sure someone just goofed.

Sarah S
18-02-2009, 02:47
Cut and paste from a Euro site that uses centimetres?

Stuffburger
18-02-2009, 02:53
Cut and paste from a Euro site that uses centimetres?

Prolly, the numbers in CM match the inches almost exactly

selone
18-02-2009, 09:10
I was alas being silly. I was just pleasantly suprised they put the unit stats with the troops and then noticed their values were pretty out of whacky, I don't really think spider riders would have a 36' charge range.
Wolf riders are apparently M4 now though :o

Jedi152
18-02-2009, 09:14
Print it out and take it to a tournament. It's official GW material...

But yep, looks like some dozy IT person hasn't noticed when he copied and pasted the European stats.

Necromancy Black
18-02-2009, 09:54
Wow, they use cm in europe? Man in Asutralia well still use inches in all our books, and Warhammer is the only time I ever use imperic measurements.

Braad
18-02-2009, 14:21
We (in the Netherlands) use cm, but we don't get a Dutch version of the books, its all English with inches. So we are innocent :)
But who cares. It sounds better in English anyway.

Maybe the French or Germans?

Jedi152
18-02-2009, 14:56
Well technically we're metric in the UK, but we still use Imperial for various things: Alcoholic drinks, car mileage, market fruit and veg - and wargames apparently.

Coram_Boy
18-02-2009, 16:04
In england, we do have a bit of a medley of measurements - and apart from Inches & CM, It's a real bugger to convert them.

Rolo Ramone
18-02-2009, 16:39
Here in Chile we play with Spanish army books in cm. And is not a good thing. It makes cavalry really much better against infantry in a pursuit (8d6 cm against 5d6 cm vs 3d6 inch against 2d6 inch). Infantry almost never catch cavalry. And never can run away....

long bow
18-02-2009, 20:09
Wow, they use cm in europe? Man in Asutralia well still use inches in all our books, and Warhammer is the only time I ever use imperic measurements.

i can back that up. but i think that imperial for warhammer is better then cm.