PDA

View Full Version : Rapidly Decaying Codices

therat
18-02-2009, 04:09
Hello, all

I come before you with a question: do your new codices and army books seem to be more fragile than previous editions? Mine certainly do. Both my brand new Vampire Counts and Tau books both have pages coming out. My friend's dwarf book began to lose pages within days of purchasing. Are others of you having this issue? Does anyone have any 'inside' info as to why this is happening? I am sorely disappointed in the lack of quality the recent set of army books displays. Given the cost of Games Workshop's products I assume a certain level of quality and longevity which, until recently, I have received. Upon emailing the US branch of said company I obtained a very generic reply with allusions to damage in shipping (I bought it at a comic store, not the online store and it fell apart shortly after purchasing, a point I made clear to them. Apparently they did not even read my email).

I would very much like to formally complain. I ask again, is anyone else having problems with their codices and army books falling apart like a newbie necromancer's first go at zombification?

Thank you for your time

TheDarkDuke
18-02-2009, 04:22
Out of all mine and my brothers Codex and Army Books... we are only missing like 5 total. Only the new SM book has any of this starting to happen. I have abused the crap out of my Ork and Ogre Kingdoms books and nothing. Barely touched the SM one and it has about 7 pages the binding on the bottom 2-3 inches is starting to go. I do not notice a quality difference. The difference is the book thickness. GW bindings on these are only suited to work well at a certain size. It is why my Generals Comp. Has about 25 pages half falling out, its using the same binding as the army books.

Bigger thicker books with the same binding as the smaller ones are bound to fail, and quicker under less stress.

Draquenoire
18-02-2009, 04:59
Mine all hold up fine for some strange reason and I have a little tyrant running amok destroying priceless literature of mine.

Elazar The Glorified
18-02-2009, 06:28
My WOC army book already has pages falling out. The binding on them has obviously been very cheaply done shame that they're not so cheap to purchase!

Satan
18-02-2009, 07:30
I've heard of similiar issues wth the new codicies. Most likely the glueing and binding were too low quality.

Foolish Mortal
18-02-2009, 08:00
Just before Christmas I bought the Fantasy & 40k Demon codexes (just for the fluff).

I was looking through them the same day, and within litertally a few minutes, pages started to fall out of the Fantasy one. As far as I know I didn't have it to far open, or was putting undue stress on the spine.

I took it back to the store & got it replaced with no problems, but now I'm a bit weary of even picking it up, let alone actually reading it.

TrojanWolf
18-02-2009, 08:10
Out of all the army books and codexes I have, only the WoC one has had loose pages. Not many, but still strange for me to deal with due to the care I give all my things.

Jedi152
18-02-2009, 08:29
I tend to keep my books very well, no army book/codex of mine has ever lost it's pages.

The only damage that i have is the cover starting to peel a bit on my VC book.

Elazar The Glorified
18-02-2009, 08:38
I tend to keep my books very well, no army book/codex of mine has ever lost it's pages.

Well that's what I find very annoying. I look after my books. The WOC book has been read a few times but not had to endure any stress that it shouldn't be able to take it's not good enough that you can't read a book incase the pages come out!

darkace77450
18-02-2009, 08:38
If the binding/glue is of low quality, one has to wonder how GW can justify charging $25 for the books. :eyebrows:

Lord Damocles
18-02-2009, 08:41
The only one I've had any problems with is the 5th ed. Marine codex. I only open it now and again to look up bits for background threads (I decided Marines were too dull to play a while ago now), but already the back few pages are comming loose.

I've had my Necron codex for years (well, since it was released in 3rd ed.), during which time I've used it regularly in games, dropped it on the floor, had it open literally hundreds of times etc., but all it's suffered is a bent corner on the cover.

zedeyejoe
18-02-2009, 08:53
I read that it is printing in China that is responsible.

lorelorn
18-02-2009, 09:05

Wow, not even your 5th edition Warhammer Armies: Chaos book? Assuming you had one that is. Mine just fell apart. The whole cover came away from the pages within 5 months, just from being opened and the glue cracking away, and then the rest started to separate into its separate bindings.

I've had no recent issues with army books or codices. The upcoming War of the Ring book looks high quality too.

Jedi152
18-02-2009, 09:07
I don't have 5th Chaos, but i do have quite a few 5th ed books and every one is fine.

Maybe it is just certain books? My WA: O&G's that i got signed by everyone at Games Day '94 is still fine.

xowainx
18-02-2009, 09:49
If the binding/glue is of low quality, one has to wonder how GW can justify charging $25 for the books. :eyebrows:

Just a hunch, but I think they have to recoup the costs of employing games development staff and artists, as well as the design studio resources that were expended in the book's creation in order to remain a functioning business.

Bregalad
18-02-2009, 09:56

Same, here: No lost pages ever but peeling cover on Tau Codex. Softcover books don't like breaking the back.

Lord Malorne
18-02-2009, 09:57

Aye mine is the same...the laminate?

synapse
18-02-2009, 10:12
a friend of mine bought his 4 th edition 40k rulebook from our local store. it was sealed. he opened it and read it on the bus stop on the way home. before the bus had even come to pick him up the binding was loose and batches of pages were falling out.

i have some books from rogue trader and 2nd edition that are better than books ive bought in the last 5 years.

i blame the obviously cheapo binding

Desert Rain
18-02-2009, 12:37
I bought the 7th edition High Elf book on the day of it's release and some pages fell out of it about 6 weeks ago, kind of annoying when my 6th ed lizardmen book is still together after six years.

daemonkin
18-02-2009, 12:42
Out of all mine and my brothers Codex and Army Books... we are only missing like 5 total. Only the new SM book has any of this starting to happen. I have abused the crap out of my Ork and Ogre Kingdoms books and nothing. Barely touched the SM one and it has about 7 pages the binding on the bottom 2-3 inches is starting to go. I do not notice a quality difference. The difference is the book thickness. GW bindings on these are only suited to work well at a certain size. It is why my Generals Comp. Has about 25 pages half falling out, its using the same binding as the army books.

Bigger thicker books with the same binding as the smaller ones are bound to fail, and quicker under less stress.

Not necessarily. Check out Epic:Armageddon or Warmaster rulebooks. They are thick and mine have stayed in tact for 7 years now. Despite frequent use. They have changed binding recently in China to save more costs probably.

OT: I realy should buy a new Epic:Armageddon book as my current one is signed by the big man himself! No, not God but Jervis Johnson :evilgrin:.

D.

Captain Micha
18-02-2009, 13:28
My Tau codex, had pages fall out, my new one is showing signs of dying already.

My other codexes and army books appear fine (of course BTs aside they're Third Edition).

toonboy78
18-02-2009, 13:35
I have 4th edition WFB army books all stillwith the pages in it, but my new space marines codex latest 3 days before pages started to come away from the binding

Niibl
18-02-2009, 13:56
Well, GW goes back to it's roots.
This proud tradition of debinding books stems from the third edition when proper bindings were introduced.
They got slack on it in the past but now seem to have fixed it again.
Sooner or later everyone will have developed that "no more than 45"-paranoia again and I won't be the weirdo with the strange book fixation anymore! :D
Now GW only has to get rid of laquered White Dwarf covers and it will be like in good old times. About three years now without the print rubbing off...it is plain wrong!

Azhrarn
18-02-2009, 14:03
It's probably the quality of the glue used, I have some seriously abused older codices and they're still in fine shape.
If the newer ones start to go to pieces after a relatively short time the glue used is simply aweful, and incidentally very cheap.
GW or whoever they commision to print these things is just trying to cut corners and make a quick buck.
Complain about it and hopefully something will be done, either that or don't buy codices anymore and that's probably not really an option.

therat
18-02-2009, 14:40
My old books are all fine. It's the new ones I have problems with. I originally thought it was just 7th edition fantasy books, but after my Tau book started coming apart I became worried. It sounds to me like a lot of you have a lot of old books that are holding together fine, but some of you have newer books that are not. This is what I am trying to determine: are the new books bound poorly? If so, can we do anything about it? I was just so irritated by the email they replied with basically telling me "well, we don't really care now that you've bought the thing and we expect you'll buy more anyway so deal with it."

My big 6th ed fantasy rulebook has never had problems and the issues I'm having are with a thin little codex and a medium sized army book.

Captain Micha
18-02-2009, 14:42
Do we really get to complain though? I mean we blow $20 dollars on what is basically a magazine.... Oh $25 now.. my bad.

Azhrarn
18-02-2009, 15:58
Do we really get to complain though? I mean we blow $20 dollars on what is basically a magazine.... Oh $25 now.. my bad.

shoddy quality is shoddy quality, it is your right as a consumer to complain about the quality of a product, especially given the price you pay for it.

Jim
18-02-2009, 18:23
Well...I suppose it could be a combination of:

1) These books will generally be quite well thumbed and used often
2) Change of printers to China - maybe lower quality?
3) Bigger, fatter books (IE 5th Ed. Marines) are more vulnerable to damage than slimmer tomes

Not saying the above is correct but could be a number of factors...so far I've not had any issues with my books and I get every Codex/Army book that GW release.

I'm sure if pages start to fall out immediately most GW's (I don't know about Indies) would be happy to replace it.

Jim

guillaume
18-02-2009, 18:30
I think there is more to the issue of bad quality.

I have heard many complaints of codeces and army books falling out in minutes of use, whereas other players have reported, for those same books, years of abuse without a peep.

it wouldnt shock me if there are different quality batches of the same book. Times when perhaps, the temperature in the factory got lower or higher, and the glue on the next 1000 books were of lower binding power...

I seem to remember someone who bought one of the limited edition Nurgle Chaos big book fluff book for an exorbitant price and had pages breaking as he opened it. Call GW for a good thrashing, but I am not sure what happened next.

So i think it really depends, there are some good books, and other not so good.

Elazar The Glorified
18-02-2009, 18:38
Credit to Games Workshop. I've just emailed the UK Customer Service team and they've given me an address to return my book to and they will replace it free of charge... :)

therat
18-02-2009, 19:03
Credit to Games Workshop. I've just emailed the UK Customer Service team and they've given me an address to return my book to and they will replace it free of charge... :)

US GW wants the batch code from the packaging my books were sent in, presumably that would have been at my local hobby store :\

You'll have to pay to ship it to them, though :D

Elazar The Glorified
18-02-2009, 19:07
US GW wants the batch code from the packaging my books were sent in, presumably that would have been at my local hobby store :\

You'll have to pay to ship it to them, though :D

Nope, they've given me a Freepost address to boot. Can't really ask for any more than that! :)

TwilightOdyssey
18-02-2009, 20:26
My SM 'dex is already falling apart! Not nearly as robust as the older ones, imo.

darkace77450
18-02-2009, 21:01
Just a hunch, but I think they have to recoup the costs of employing games development staff and artists, as well as the design studio resources that were expended in the book's creation in order to remain a functioning business.

Just a hunch, but I think GW did more than break even with the army books and codices back when they were cheaper and didn't fall apart quickly.

Just a hunch, but I think GW relies on the sale of miniatures and not army books and codices to recoup the costs of employment and all most every other business expense they incur.

Bottom line is using a cheap binding process is the only way GW can recoup losses and maintain a functioning business, then they are in some serious financial trouble. Since they sale miniatures that cost pennies to make for three to fifteen dollars each, I'd say they have more than ample opportunity to recoup the cost of designers, etc, already without putting a faulty product on their shelves.

They charge top dollar prices for these books ($25 is a lot for an army book); we should expect them not to fall apart for a very long time at that price.

RobC
18-02-2009, 22:15
A quick story:

A couple of years ago the publisher I worked for published a 250-page business guide. It was very exciting for everyone involved, not least because it was the company's biggest project to that date, set for distribution across Europe, and was my first print credit as editor.

When the first boxes arrived, we tore them open and grabbed copies to show the MD. Myself, my manager and the MD sat in his office for 10 minutes, flicking pages and generally congratulating ourselves for a job well done.

It was only after ten minutes of handling that we realised something was awry. The middle pages seemed loose. Given a bit of force, we found that the pages started falling out. We rapidly went through the box, then another, then the next. The entire batch was duff.

We called in our rep at the printer's, who genuflected and made his excuses and left. Only it wasn't his fault, but the binders they'd used after the printing had been done. Something along the line had gone wrong - it wasn't a case of cutting costs.

My point? It may be a result of GW moving production to China; it may be GW cutting costs; but it may also be just that something has gone horribly wrong in the printing process, and given that GW publishes many more thousands of copies than we ever did, a few defective batches got through. So, instead of assuming it's yet another GW ripoff, how about we contact GW (as has happened), discover they're happy to replace the defective products, and put it down to bad luck rather than the big evil corp trying to rip us off? Because there are only so many times you can cry wolf before nobody listens to you any more.

CaliforniaGamer
18-02-2009, 22:45
My fantasy books likewise are poorly bound. I have to be ultra careful with them. Likely very poor quality glue.

therat
19-02-2009, 01:31
discover they're happy to replace the defective products

I started this thread because they weren't.

loveless
19-02-2009, 01:48
Heh, I seem to be the lucky one. Outside of a loose bind on the last page of a few books (nothing worth complaining about, it's just noticeable), I haven't had any trouble with my recent books.

I will say this, though.

Any book by GW > any paperback by PP. My Hordes book is in about 4 sections and it drives me batty.

swordd
19-02-2009, 02:56
The high elf army book at my local GW had pages falling out, and then the one I brought did, they gave me another copy though. At the time the staff said that they were trying out a new gluing method. After that some of the pages of the newer books fell out aswell

RobC
19-02-2009, 07:22
I started this thread because they weren't.Did you contact the comic shop or GW? The "damaged in transit" story just doesn't stick - that's got absolutely nothing to do with the binding.

If it's the comic shop messing you about, I suggest contacting GW directly. They seem to be helping out customers in a similar situation. If they're no use, point out to them that the UK stores are taking back faulty books. If that doesn't work, contact the UK customer service people directly.

I'm not familiar with US statutory rights, but it seems very unlikely your laws will differ too much from those in the UK. And a book with poor binding is, essentially, defective.

Pontiff
19-02-2009, 09:05
Its nothing new really.

I've two hardback copies of rogue trader, ones fine the other i remember starting to fall apart in about 1990.

I've also got two copies of the first 'chapter approved' released in 87, again ones fine the other is in three pieces with loose leaves everywhere.

You'll always get the odd dodgy copy.

philbrad2
19-02-2009, 10:32
Might have a bit of page edge peel on the heavily used ones but never lost a page, my 2nd ed Codex: Chaos had to be replaced with another copy due to over use and the spine beginning to give out but that book was barely out of my hands for years the old Angels of Death codex was similarly well used. I've several of the 2nd ed books I remember buying for 1 when 3rd came out when my local GW store was making space, still got a few I think untouched. The modern codicies are very much bonded to their spines as the old 2nd ed book, could be with GW chopping costs their printer is skimping. I do have my RT book in absolutely mint condition since day one even the clear templates.

PhilB
:chrome:

Jack Spratt
19-02-2009, 10:42
Me and my usual opponent started having the same problem since the DE book. I heard printing in Poland is responsible.

I think the probem is something else though. The books are getting bigger but the way they bind the books seems to be the same to me. Maby the way they bind books just need to change because the way the do it now is only good when you have smaller page numbers. Whether they bind em in Poland og China should make no difference - I think.

Jack

JLBeady
19-02-2009, 15:00
If there are consistent problems with the binding, it's GW's supplier that is skimping, not GW as believe me, when quoting a job in printing, you don't offer your customer multiple choices of glue for perfect binding. More than likely the supplier is thinning the glue to save on glue costs or when all the books were run. There are other possible root causes. That said GW should go back to their supplier and get what they paid for and stick up for the customer.

All that said, one of the first things I do when I get a new codex is go to Kinko's and get the spine cut off and have and punched and plasticoil bound so it can lay flat. I also have clear plastic covers put on to add some additional protection to the book. It currently cost's me about $2.27 per book to do this but makes the book much more user/game friendly and IMHO extends the life of the book. I would love to see GW use plasticoil on their codexes and army books.

daemonkin
19-02-2009, 15:21
^^ What he said. That way you could even update your codex if they ever release an FAQ for the book.

D.

therat
19-02-2009, 16:44
All that said, one of the first things I do when I get a new codex is go to Kinko's and get the spine cut off and have and punched and plasticoil bound so it can lay flat.

That's not a bad idea. I might do that.

Did you contact the comic shop or GW? The "damaged in transit" story just doesn't stick - that's got absolutely nothing to do with the binding.

It was GW US that I contacted. That's how I felt about it. It was as if they didn't even read my email. It just irked me. Plus, with two of my books going bad and my friend's as well, I assumed there might be a wider problem. If GW has changed their production and it has caused a large influx of sub-par product, should we not let them know? I started this thread to find out if poor binding might be an epidemic, but if it's a common belief that there's been no change I'll either give GW a call, or I'll head to Kinko's. I've just never had such striking 'bad luck' with GW books I guess.

derv
19-02-2009, 17:09
I'm amazed that some of you are too scared to open your books properly. They are meant to be used regularly, that's the whole point!

Army books/codex's cost more than any other equivalent size book on a bookshelf so get your monies worth. If it's falling apart or the laminate is coming off then take it back and complain. If you bought a new car and bits kept falling off when you went over 30mph are you going to complain or drive around at walking speed for years to come?

Seriously, you need to complain and get a decent replacement, or ask for your money back.

RobC
19-02-2009, 17:29
It was GW US that I contacted. That's how I felt about it. It was as if they didn't even read my email. It just irked me.That's pretty naff. Good luck getting a properly bound copy.

darkace77450
19-02-2009, 20:41
If there are consistent problems with the binding, it's GW's supplier that is skimping, not GW as believe me, when quoting a job in printing, you don't offer your customer multiple choices of glue for perfect binding. More than likely the supplier is thinning the glue to save on glue costs or when all the books were run. There are other possible root causes. That said GW should go back to their supplier and get what they paid for and stick up for the customer.

Ultimately it is has the GW logo on the cover, and it is up to them whether or not they want to stand by their product.

If they are friendly, apologetic, and helpful in rectifying the problem, then great. If they tell us that it isn't their fault so tough luck, well then it falls on us to decide if that is the kind of company that deserves our hard earned money.

blumley
19-02-2009, 23:06
i was talking to my manager about this and he was saying that it is a manufacturer problem and they have changed the company that makes them. if you are still having problems with them then you should pop down to your local gw and the staff will more than likely exchange them for you as you have a right to high quality product.

thats what i do anyway

Condottiere
19-02-2009, 23:09
It does seem that the quality of the books doesn't match expectations. Not mine, anyway.

Kronos
19-02-2009, 23:50
tyranid codex, middle pages seem to be trying to run away from the others. ok book is peeling and spine of my previous ed lizzie book (the one before the newly released one) as a tear though this was due to unneeded stress (towards me:p)

Other than that all other books (knock on wood) i have are fine, but it sure is irritating to try and read a book and make sure that that pages don't start falling everywhere.

gw should look into this, or are they happy to just replace them, are they becoming that cheap to make that they rather hands out several than make some of better quality.

Temprus
21-02-2009, 04:40
Except for RT era books, I have not had any GW books fall apart on me. I was worried about 5e SM because before I got it home, I somehow damaged a bit of the spine, but other than that, it is holding up fine.

Condottiere
21-02-2009, 08:36
Unfortunately, it's too expensive to publish the codices as hardbacks. But maybe a collection?

CapitanGuinea
22-02-2009, 16:53
I read that it is printing in China that is responsible.

I hope that this means that GW fired him... And will change every damaged copy that he issued to us...

If a minimum of quality will be not assured in future i am going to not buing anything from GW... My money, by the way, has been ever of is cash value... Why i have to accept a inferior product?

If they are in crisis is not a concern of mine: I am a costumer and WANT a intact merchandise from them...

Wintertooth
22-02-2009, 18:59
Most companies have a bad batch of product now and then. Not all have customer service as good as Games Workshop's. "formal complaints" - by email of all things (http://meninhats.com/comics/20030815.gif) - are absolutely childish. Pick up the phone, tell them you have a faulty product, ask for a replacement. Chances are they won't even want the old one back as evidence.

jedipenguin
23-02-2009, 08:52
GW has had this problem on occasion over the years.

I remember my first edition Necromunda books became unbound within weeks of the initial purchase, and although very well used even within that short time I returned the books to the store and they swapped them out for new ones no questions asked, as I was far from the first person reporting the fault.

I remeber a similar situation with certain 2nd ed boxed set rulebooks and Gorkamorka too (didnt happen to me but did to people I knew)

Since then I guess I've been lucky, as none of the other ruebooks or codecii i've purchased (3rd/4th Ed Rulebook, 3rd/4th Ed SM, SW, Tau, IG, DH, Demons) have come undone

CapitanGuinea
23-02-2009, 11:11
for ones who assured tha Mail Order should change fault copies...
Italian Mail Order recently changed address, in the cost reducing program wave that move it and the GW Italia Headquarter on a less expensive site.

their online site is dead (and poorest one of all GW PLC) from ages... the telephone numbers are not updated yet ... on a fact basis, their abbandoned their costumer...

what a mess... and what a shame...

We were served better when the hq was still in England and under English severe control.

Draconian77
23-02-2009, 11:56
My brothers Marine codex and my friends WoC book are losing pages as is my Dark Elf army book. My Tyranid book is fine as is my fathers Tau codex, must be a recent thing but it is very annoying.

bringerofdecay
23-02-2009, 12:24
it's since GW moved production to poland, all the new codexes have the problem (iirc 30% of codexes are likely to lose pages) if yours does then go to GW and keep getting replacements, when i was working their not long ago they were trying to collect a catalogue of complaints and forward it to the company producing the codexes (so they could get the problem sorted). so, if you've bought a codex recently (since vampire counts, if not slightly before or any of the newer print runs) and it falls apart NOT due to wear and tear then take it back, and if they refuse to give you a new one phone GW and ask to speak to someone higher up as basically many of the books are not fit for sale.

edit: another way to stave off page loss is to fold the codex down the crease (where the glue holds the pages together) as this will prevent the glue from being pulled apart quite so much.

Earthbeard
23-02-2009, 15:37
I get pretty much 90% of the codex's books (curse the collector in me), and never had a problem with any of them, treat them nice and they don't fall apart is my motto.

CapitanGuinea
23-02-2009, 21:19
err... sir... i am accostumed to care with XIV sec books, and other antiquities... There were some imperfection in production. I called on GW today: they tell me they bring back in western europe (maybe UK) the pubblishing activity.

bringerofdecay
24-02-2009, 01:21
I get pretty much 90% of the codex's books (curse the collector in me), and never had a problem with any of them, treat them nice and they don't fall apart is my motto.

false.

the old ones yes, but i know guys who are meticulous with their codexes, never open it unless they need to (and take lots of care when they do), have PDF copies of the codexes etc etc and they were still coming in with pages falling out.

ChaosVC
24-02-2009, 04:54
It pretty obvious that the quality of the arm books have fallen...while the bloody price have risen. But treat it with care and nothing bad like a falling page will happen. Mine didn't.

Vaktathi
25-02-2009, 05:02
This isn't a problem unique to GW. Almost every Flames of War book I own is coming apart, and they are all only a couple months old.

JLBeady
25-02-2009, 18:46
Working in the printing industry, perfect binding (the type of binding army books use) is used for one of two main reasons (there is a 3rd reason, but not an issue here);

1. You can't saddle stitch, which is cheaper, because there are to many pages or the paper is too heavy (GW books have more than 64 pages and the paper is to heavy).

or

2. You don't want to pay for the expense/time of traditional book binding. Perfect binding is far cheaper/quicker than book binding.

Perfect binding is not meant to be laid flat which is in direct contrast to how army books are used very often. Perfect binding is not meant for books that will be frequently opened/closed. Also the heavy paper used in the army books creates more stress on the glue bind. Bottom line is perfect binding is not designed or intended to hold up to constant/consistent use. It's not a matter of if the binding will fail, but when. Combine with the use of diluted glue, equipment malfuntions (glue too hot/too cold, pages not being roughed, running to fast, etc.) and failure will occurr sooner rather than later.

GW knows you are buying the books for the content, not the binding. Let's not kid ourselves, if GW used binder clips and charged $30 for the army book, we would probably still buy it (A $9 US White Dwarf on the other hand is another matter entirely).

This is why I don't even bother with it and get them cut and plasticoil bound as soon as I buy them. They are more user friendly and last longer. And yes I could go and print out the FAQ's and such and just have the books rebound with the new pages.

Ironbreaker
01-03-2009, 03:24
I thought the issues may have been, in part, due to thicker books and I think my suspicions may have been proven right, unfortunately.
My Ork codex which is about a week old has already started to shed pages.

Considering the care with which I handled it, it's quite disappointing.

This is why I don't even bother with it and get them cut and plasticoil bound as soon as I buy them.
If I knew somewhere nearby that offered this, I'd definitely get it done.
A rulebook isn't much use if it's missing pages.

CapitanGuinea
01-03-2009, 21:45
and GW say that the cause they moved from Lithuania printer, was he pubblished all codex and army book pdf...

well, after all I can remember that under his production codex and Army book were a selling hit on the shelves, in my region... now with this drastical and deep fall of quality, almost gamers i know stopped to buy, exception for the strictly necessary...

after all, their policy was not so fitting they were thinking it would be...

with zero quality, no money. With a minimum you can still profict, but if you put on the shelves pure... garbage... who will buy it from you?

LokkoRex
02-03-2009, 08:31
my chaos marine codex(bought january last year) began to fall apart the very first week, and within the month, half the elites section and the entire troops section had fallen out(i'm talking about the army list section, not the detailed section at the beginning of the book) and i have both the old chaos marine codexes and neither have broke yet(okay, the cover of 3.5, the plastic that covers the paper, have started to fall off, but only because i kept poking at it with my nails)

my buddys tau empire codex is just a big pile of paper, and i think he only had it for a week, cause first time i saw it, it was already starting to break.