PDA

View Full Version : Urban war?

Luke
08-12-2005, 15:31
Ok so im dissatisfied with GW, we all know that (boo hiss :D) so i decided to look into something a bit different (emphasis on the word "bit") and after loads of searching found urban war. now i say urban war because th model range for void looks awful, BUT the urban war range looks terrific! those viridians look superb!

so the question i want to know is, what are the rules like? for urban war. are they smooth and flawless? how in depth are they?

any help would be great. about anything really you want to tell me about Urban war.

erion
08-12-2005, 17:30
Urban War is a skirmish level rules set. You're talking about 8-20 models per player, and individual model activation as opposed to squads.

However, the rules are both well-written and flexible. Each turn you give each model an order which determines when in the turn in will activate, and all players alternate activating models at each order level until all models given that particular order have gone, then move to the next level. Each order represents a specific set of options available to that model.

Also fairly unique is the concept of a model's calibre. Models of a higher calibre have a chance to perform extra actions, or a much better chance to succeed at more difficult actions.

The models are very nice indeed (I have Syntha and Viridians in progress, myself), and have many more models I would actually like to purchase from both ranges.

You should also note that a larger-scale game (tentatively called "Metropolis") focusing on squads instead of individuals is planned for 2006.

let me know if you have any more questions.

Luke
08-12-2005, 17:38
i was thinking about getting the boxed game, 30 correct? with the syntha and viridians in it. as well as that funky clip together terrain set.

are the minis resin?

erion
08-12-2005, 18:05
Minis are metal. Terrain is plastic.

The boxed game is indeed 30, and has enough to get you started nicely on both of the included forces.

NetDiver
23-12-2005, 20:40
You should also note that a larger-scale game (tentatively called "Metropolis") focusing on squads instead of individuals is planned for 2006.

let me know if you have any more questions.

Any news on, is this going to be a self standing game or an add on to existing Urban War rules?

jazzdude78
24-12-2005, 03:50
Supposedly its going to be stand alone in the same universe type of bit
so in theory have its own rulebook though I suspect most of the core rules will be the same as UW
sorta a U-Turn back to Void