PDA

View Full Version : New to Warmaster and O&G

Sly Rax
06-03-2009, 19:33
I havnt played it yet because im getting to grips with the rules at the moment but i have started to colected a Orc and Goblin army, ive got lots of orcs, trolls and a few ogres, is this a good base for a O&G army?

+ In the army list it says you need goblins (is there any way around this because i would rather have just Orcs?) but i dont like night goblins so are there normal or forest goblin models or am i stuck with night goblins?

Thanx

Cpt. Drill
06-03-2009, 19:50
Nice to see a new face! That is a good base for an army you have there, but you do need goblins.. no way to get out of it.

The battle for skull pass set is a good deal! It will give you 8 units of goblins as well as four units of wolf riders all for 50. Although if yu dont like this option there are loads of 10mm companies that you could choose from!

Nuada
06-03-2009, 19:54
I think you're stuck with having to take goblins.

Look at the min/max column, for both Orcs and for Goblins it says 2/- This means for every 1,000 points you take you have to take a min. of 2 orc warrior units (total 6 stands) and 2 goblin units (total 6 stands)

Not sure if you can get forest goblins any more

Sly Rax
06-03-2009, 20:15
The battle for skull pass set is a good deal! It will give you 8 units of goblins as well as four units of wolf riders all for 50. Although if yu dont like this option there are loads of 10mm companies that you could choose from!

I was looking at the battle for skull pass set, are the models good/the same look as the other warmaster models?

Is it werth getting a lord on a wyven? i like the model but is it good game wise?
(ive got lots of questions like this so sorry in advanced:))

Thanx for the replys

Cpt. Drill
06-03-2009, 20:37
Post all quieries and we willa nswer them all!

A hero on terror causing beastie is really good! I would highly recommend one!

Fire you next one at me!

oh and its battle of five armies set you need to eye up!

Sly Rax
06-03-2009, 21:47
Ok the next questions are.....

Rock lobbers, are they any good in warmaster?
Is shooting a big part of the game?

fracas
07-03-2009, 00:55
1. i thought the battle for skull pass is fantasy 28mm rather than warmaster. is there a different set for warmaster?

2. hero on flying terror is good. general on flying monster not so good.

Cpt. Drill
07-03-2009, 02:16
Shooting will cause you opponent to have to come to you... I like the rock lobba but it is the kind of unit that you might put in some games or might leave out for others, its not a game winner but it really has its uses!

Shoot can be a big part of the game, against empire or dwarves they can really dictate your moves with cannons, the elves also can lay down heavy amounts of firepower! It isnt destructive like combat but confusion can be really annoying!

Fire the next question!

Lemonbrick
07-03-2009, 10:28
I have just got my Warmaster O&G army , the gobos in the battle of skull pass are perfect scale compared to the orcs

Warrragh!

edit the gobolins have there uses as a meat shield and to up the break point of your army, also they can support you orc infantry blocks!

like this

OOO <-orcs
ggg <-gobo's

what the flanks though cuz as I found out last tues day flanked gobos crumble

azraelezekiel
07-03-2009, 16:06
I have just got my Warmaster O&G army , the gobos in the battle of skull pass are perfect scale compared to the orcs

Warrragh!

edit the gobolins have there uses as a meat shield and to up the break point of your army, also they can support you orc infantry blocks!

like this

OOO <-orcs
ggg <-gobo's

what the flanks though cuz as I found out last tues day flanked gobos crumble

Shame this is the warmaster thread though :wtf: