PDA

View Full Version : 2250 pts Chaos Dwarfs

Deus Mechanicus
04-04-2009, 01:45
Deep within the darkest corner in a storage of an old gaming store that's now closing down a huge supply of the old Chaos Dwarfs models have been found and purchased for next to nothing. So with practicly an unlimited supply of Chaos Dwarf how would you construct an army list? This is what i got so far.

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord 455 pts
- Armour of Gazrakh
- Level 4
- Lammasu

Chaos Dwarf Hero 111 pts
- Black Hammer of Hashut
- Heavy Armour
- Shield

Chaos Dwarf Hero 114
- Battle Standard Bearer /w Banner of Slavery
- Heavy Armour

22x Chaos Dwarf Warriors 228 pts
- Full Command

18x Chaos Dwarf Warriors 192 pts
- Full Command

18x Chaos Dwarf Warriors 192 pts
- Full Command

15x Chaos Dwarf Warriors 210 pts
- Full Command
- Blunderbusses

10x Hobgoblins 50 pts
- Bows

10x Hobgoblins 50 pts
- Bows

10x Hobgoblins 50 pts
- Bows

10x Hobgoblins 20 pts

10x Hobgoblins 20 pts

10x Hobgoblins 20 pts

10x Hobgoblins 20 pts

10x Hobgoblins 20 pts

10x Hobgoblins 20 pts

10x Hobgoblins 20 pts

10x Hobgoblins 20 pts

10x Hobgoblins 20 pts

Chaos Dwarf Death Rocket 80 pts

Chaos Dwarf Death Rocket 80 pts

Earthshaker 110 pts

5x Bull Centaurs 135 pts
- Musician & Standard Bearer
- Heavy Armour

metro_gnome
04-04-2009, 02:15
unusual...

the Lamansu is a total waste...
my nan armed with a cardigan and two umbrellas as additional hand weapons could give the lamansu a good kicking...
a S.Lord can't have the armor of Gaz either...

I'd run a foot slogging lvl 4 shadow S. Lord. with gem and scroll... and two other lvl 2's with a scroll each...
BSB with armor of Gaz... the banner is good with this much green... but just throw it on a regular standard...

3 Cd warriors at 19 each... plus character is a full 20...
bowmen are fine... but run you Hobgrot infantry by 20...
otherwise you will have panic problems with this much green...
Rockets are pretty terrible... easily your worst special choice bar regular grots... BTs would be a better choice...
Rares are good but would rather the BC champ than the musician... if one has to choose between the 2...

catbarf
04-04-2009, 02:52
I'd put more Warriors in each unit. 25 is the minimum for a solid combat block, since you can't afford to lose your static CR.

Ancre
04-04-2009, 11:19
I would give the chaos dwarf hero the armour of Gazrakh as the lord can't have any, and a standard great weapon instead of the black hammer.

With so much hobgoblins on the table it might be interesting to have them in units of 20 (still naked) instead of ten as it makes panic tests less likely and you won't have half of them running on the table, but I have limited experience on this so my advice is worth what it's worth. The advantages of the Army Standard Bearer and the general might be enough too if you can keep those hobgob near enough. Even so, if nothing works, heh, it's 20 points units, they're so cheap they make their points back it the enemy even pay attention to them :]

Get more dwarf warriors, they're much better as an anvil then as a hammer, so you'll be better of with static CR than an extended front range. Try to put them in units of at least 20, 25 seems better. The blunderbuss unit is fine though.

Makarion
04-04-2009, 15:02
Combine the hobgoblins into larget units, or you'll end up deplying them three deep (unless you play on wider tables than I do - 6' only goes so far).
Consider a unit of hobgoblin wolf riders. I know that a unit of 10 (minimum) is bulky, but they are cheap fast cav and useful, with or without bows.