PDA

View Full Version : more newb ?'s.

Eulogy2
04-04-2009, 03:46
ok let me try to break this down as best i can.(i play LM, he plays OK).

my TG unit charges a unit of bulls with the tyrant general in them. the bulls ended up fleeing 4 inches. right behind the bulls was butcher, who had to take a panic test from being so close to the bulls. the butcher failed the panic test and rolled a 6 for fleeing.

my temple guard rolled an 11 for pursuit, so they could have caught the butcher, as well as run over the bulls.

the question is, do my TG stop after reaching the bulls? or do they pursue past them into catch the butcher as well?

the other thing that came up is this. i has cold ones on the front of a unit of bulls, and razordons charged the rear of the same bulls. he lost combat and fled. when you have a rear and front charge, is the fleeing unit destroyed? or are they able to flee to the "side"?

Necromancy Black
04-04-2009, 04:00
Firstly, the second part: If you have multiple units surrounding an enemy unit in combat and that unit flees, it may flee over units it is engaged with and not be destroyed.

To the origanal, the TG do run there full distance, but I'm unsure if the Butchcer is caught or must flee again and is then caught if he doesn't move far enough.

rottahn
04-04-2009, 04:42
when his bulls flee, and you roll 11, his bulls die on the spot. they actually dont move anywhere. his butcher does not panic due to being fled through, but probably panics due to being close to a friendly unit being destroyed, check the panic section.

secondly if you ever are able to reach a fleeing enemy, they must flee a second time. read "enemy in the way" and then read what happens when things charge fleers.

EDIT: as to the second situation, the unit flees away from the highest unit strength. supposing that your cold ones have a higher unit strength than your unit of salamanders, he would flee through the salamanders. if the salamanders have unit strength 5+ his unit is dead.

Necromancy Black
04-04-2009, 06:28
EDIT: as to the second situation, the unit flees away from the highest unit strength. supposing that your cold ones have a higher unit strength than your unit of salamanders, he would flee through the salamanders. if the salamanders have unit strength 5+ his unit is dead.

Incorrect. Both Cold Ones and Salamanders where in the same combat and the Ogres would not die from fleeing through either of them.

DasKhorne
04-04-2009, 08:42
the 1st situation: The bulls will flee through the butcher, the butcher will panic, he flees, the TG move their pursuit distance, catch the bulls, but the butcher will have to flee again like a fleeing unit being charged.

OR you could just use house rules or some thing :confused::confused:

Necromancy Black
04-04-2009, 10:10
the 1st situation: The bulls will flee through the butcher

No, they don't. Fleers only move if they roll higher then their pursuers. If they don't they are immediately taken off the board, therefore they will not cause Panic by running through friendly units.

The Butcher would only take a panic test if he was within 6" of the combat.

Gazak Blacktoof
04-04-2009, 11:13
The butcher can flee again. The only time a unit may not flee again is if its caught for a second time during one phase because of enemy in the way (see the first rule book FAQ p.3).

Necromancy Black has everything else covered.

Necromancy Black
04-04-2009, 13:42
Necromancy Black has everything else covered.

That's what she said.

Trentonator
04-04-2009, 21:36
You are all wrong...

Panic tests are taken at the end of any given phase, this will mean that the Butcher will test for panic at the end of the turn for the bulls being killed. Now you rolled an 11 so you would thus slay the bulls and then get in combat with the Butcher. Now he's in combat so he can't panic.

Problem solved.

Kalandros
04-04-2009, 21:40
You're wrong, panic tests are taken when appropriate with the situation:
Immediately, when a friendly unit moves through
Immediately, when a friendly unit is destroy or breaks within 6"
At the end of the phase, when having lost 25% or more of your current model count.

As for Fleeing from a charge: you move Fleers first, even if you don't roll high enough to escape the charge, the fleeing unit moves first! This is NOT a pursuit move, chargers are moved during "Move Chargers" which is 2 subphases after the Charge Reactions have been declared.

And the confusing part is how its written by the thread starter: Did they BREAK or did they choose to FLEE as a charge reaction?

Temple Guards charge Tyrant's unit. They flee. Roll 4 and move through the Butcher's unit. Butcher's unit rolls for panic and fails, he flees as well.
After those movements - and any other charge reaction, also after your own Rally and Compulsory subphases - the Temple Guard unit checks if its within charge reach of the Tyrant's unit. If it is, its destroyed.
If its not, its a failed charge unless a unit is in the way, a new charge is declared. If that unit in the way is currently fleeing, then it rolls to Flee again as it has been charged.
After that unit has fled again, (TG still haven't moved) check if the TG unit can reach their original target. If they can, its destroyed. If they can't, failed charge.

Now afaik, this is how its done. Please correct me if I am indeed wrong.

If they indeed Broke from combat (which was not what was written in the first post) then you did roll pursuit and caught up the Tyrant's unit and caused the Butcher to flee further.

Necromancy Black
04-04-2009, 23:49
You are all wrong...
Panic tests are taken at the end of any given phase. [snip]

Page 49 of the BRB: "Panic tests are often taken immediately whe they are cause..."

Only 1 type of panic test is taken at the end of the phase. See if you can guess which one.

Eulogy2
05-04-2009, 00:22
the tyrants unit broke from losing combat to my TG.

The Red Scourge
05-04-2009, 12:43
Funny thread this one. Everyones writing some interpretation on the rules without checking up on them beforehand.

Necromancy Black is correct, and all saying otherwise
are pink little smurfs

:angel:

Urgat
05-04-2009, 14:55
Aren't panic tests taken when a unit is destroyerd within 6" by missile fire?

EldarBishop
05-04-2009, 16:55
Aren't panic tests taken when a unit is destroyerd within 6" by missile fire?

Yes, it does... (BRB, pg 49)