PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt pure Khorne (DoC) Carnage!

Time of Madness
05-04-2009, 13:32
Well I thought I'd try my hand at making an all khorne army that is still competitive, but does not feature all the "must" take units.

CHARACTERS

Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut
- Firestorm blade
- Armour of Khorne
= 190pts

Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut
- BSB
- Banner of Sundering
- Firestorm Blade
- Armour of Khorne
= 265pts

CORE

16 Bloodletters
***BSB here***
- Full Command
- Icon of Endless War
= 247pts

16 Bloodletters
***General here***
- Full Command
- Skull Totem
= 247pts

10 Bloodletters
= 120pts

5 Furies
= 60pts

5 Furies
= 60pts

SPECIAL

5 Flesh hounds
= 175pts

5 Flesh hounds
= 175pts

5 Flesh hounds
= 175pts

RARE

2 Crushers
= 140pts

2 Crushers
= 140pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1994pts

The general idea is to place the larger letter units side by side. The list features a lot of support units in the form of crushers/hounds/furies.

Opinions on making it better?
Time of Madness

bob_the_small
05-04-2009, 15:28
What is the point of putting your herald's on mounts if they go with foot-sloggers?
This is a mono-khorne list right? In that case furies have no place as they are chaos undivided. I think you will beat most things with this list, but try and drop the 2 juggers from your heralds and get in the icon of endless war on either both bloodletter units or both jugger units..

Makina
05-04-2009, 15:39
Get a Bloodthirster in there and drop the Crushers?

Time of Madness
05-04-2009, 16:45
What is the point of putting your herald's on mounts if they go with foot-sloggers?

The point is for 50pts I get a 0+ armour save and 2 extra S5 attacks. On top of that the jugger helps fill out the bloodletter unit making them 20 strong (5X4).

This is a mono-khorne list right? In that case furies have no place as they are chaos undivided.

This is a mono god list however furies are generally accepted in "most" mono god lists. The furies will be painted red/black to match the paint scheme. They also play a vital role in making this army work. Without them I wouldn't have anything to chase down war machines etc.

Get a Bloodthirster in there and drop the Crushers?

I was avoiding taking a bloodthrister as to make the list a little "less" competitive. If I were to drop the crushers that would only give me 280pts....not enough to pick up a thrister anyways.

Thanks for the comments gents.
Time of Madness

Makina
05-04-2009, 16:54
You could drop some bloodletters aswell, a unit of 5x4 isn't that much better then say 5x3 imho. I understand you want to avoid a thirster but people **** their pants when they see one. But if you don't want one in I definately understand :)