PDA

View Full Version : Beasts of Nurgle

adreal
04-05-2005, 07:01
okie dokie, here's my thought. The new Carnifex coming out for the nid range looks cool, and with it's multi arm socets i though of putting those long claws (i think scything talons :confused: ) near the back legs and some crab claws in the front socets (i've seen the sprue photos around, atleast one is there. It's caripace will be that holey (sp??) one and for the head i dunno, the standard one with a nurgeling sitting in it's mouth.

Stick some kinda chariot behing it and some plague bears in it, or a plague bear of top and volia some fairly cool looking beasts of nurgle.

what do you guys rekon?

Neknoh
04-05-2005, 08:18
Hrmm...

It comes on a 60 mm round base, so it might be hard to do that.

And I am not a big fan of the idea either, all I can see before me is a huge, beetle like being infront of a sulky filled with Nurglings.

Though I do not doubt that it can be good, I just can't see it right now

StugMeister
04-05-2005, 21:25
I think its a great idea! Add some GS gooey bits and intestines and it'll look grand. The round base doesn't really matter, afterall I'm sure it can somehow be squeezed onto a square base.

tzeentchgiant
04-05-2005, 22:34
Maybe quite expensive for a plague rider I think the concept is rather cool, I love the insectoid them of nurgle and if executed well could leave you with a very nice model. A couple of things though, I personnaly would try to make it look more bug than nid, maybe by filing down some of the layers of plates to give a more unified beetle look, or putting more gouges around the tail/body to make it seem less perfect

very cool concept, can't wait to see you get started

TG

adreal
04-05-2005, 23:44
well about the bug thingo i have to wait and see the carapace before i do anything about is, either simple fileing or green-stuffing, and while it will be expensive ofr the plague rider, so will the plessure seekers of slaanesh (shrugs) and my slaanesh chariot.

given that the new fex has ribs showing, to tie into the 'nurgle' feel, would it be a good idea for intestines to be spilling out around it's legs or would that ruin the model?

edit: will be starting when new fex comes out and i can egt more green stuff ETA about 3 weeks

tzeentchgiant
05-05-2005, 07:00
given that the new fex has ribs showing, to tie into the 'nurgle' feel, would it be a good idea for intestines to be spilling out around it's legs or would that ruin the model?

I think it could be pulled off, if you take care not to allow the grenstuff to stick to the legs so that it is just hanging down a fraction from the belly you could make a very unique model, but if you went too far GS isn't that hard to remove it can always be repaired to an extent.

TG