PDA

View Full Version : Kolek Suneater's Herald of the Tempest

Draco74
06-04-2009, 13:46
Can Kolek Suneater use his "Heral of the Tempest" ability while he is in close combat? It is done in the shooting phase, but it isn't really a weapon attack, he just tells a lighting bolt where to go. So can he use this ability when he is in combat. He is a large target so he can see over what ever he is fighting (unless it is anouther large target). I have only used him once and he did wonderfully. I just wasn't sure if it is better to stick him in combat with the closest enemy or unleash D6 S6 hits on any unit he could see. If he can do both, then so much the better.

Lord Yawgmoth
06-04-2009, 15:58
I'd say yes, as there was another thread not so long ago where the general consensus was that it wasn't a shooting attack so could therefore march and still use it.

Following that logic:
1) March and use it: Yes
2) Use it while engaged: Yes
3) Use it the turn you charge: Yes

Draco74
06-04-2009, 21:10
Nice!
Charging in with 7 S8 attacks and blasting some one with D6 S6 lightning damage at the same time.

Spider
09-04-2009, 09:50
No he can't.

The rules specifically state he can target an unengaged unit in los.

If he is in combat with the unit it isn't unengaged.

For once the rules are actually clear.

rottahn
09-04-2009, 09:58
well he is a large target isnt he? that means that he should be able to charge a unit, then call down some lightning on another unit he can see.

this really should have been FAQ'd... :(

Spider
09-04-2009, 10:27
well he is a large target isnt he? that means that he should be able to charge a unit, then call down some lightning on another unit he can see.

this really should have been FAQ'd... :(

lol.

I retract my "rules are actually clear" statement.

Bloody GW. :(