PDA

View Full Version : What is part of the 'model'

eyeolas
08-04-2009, 14:16
For TK, I'm deciding what to give my chariot lord, and stumbled across the golden ankhara, which states 'the model has a 4+ ward save' as its only rule. Does this constitute the chariot aswell, as they're on the same base and bought as 1 model, or are they two separate models rules wise?

theunwantedbeing
08-04-2009, 14:19
Model and his mount meant the mount gets it as well.
Model just means the character.

nosferatu1001
08-04-2009, 16:05
theunwantedbeing - not entirely true

While the FAQ (not errata) does state that the item must "specify" the mount in order for the mount to be affected by the special rule, the BRB states that monstrous mounts are one model for all purposes.

So an item saying "affects the model" can be interpreted as specific enough to mean the whole model, mount and all, as this is after all what the BRB tells us.

This is however what gives you S9 dragons from potion of strength. It's a very unclear part of WHFB...

Bac5665
08-04-2009, 16:13
It wasn't unclear untill GW released a bad FAQ and said that the rider and dragon are one model. Treat them as a two model unit, which was at least arguably the rule before and 99% of these problems go away.

rottahn
09-04-2009, 07:15
if you check the monstrous mount, and cavalry mount rules "the model" means the whole model, not just parts of it.
rejoice, your golden ankhra gives your chariot a ward save!
(but my real question is why not put that little gem of cheating on your casket riding priest?) :)

then again, the FAQ tried to specifically address this, and failed horribly. im sure a search of the specific threads will let you read pages and pages of people's thoughts on the subject. if it feels like you are cheating when you have a 4+ ward save on your chariot, then dont use it as such. (why arent you using the collar of shapesh anyways?)