PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Tomb Kings - Any thoughts?

Crube
08-04-2009, 14:49
What Ho Chaps and Chapesses...

Although I've been playing for nearly 20 years, I've never really got to grips with the TK army book. Whatever build I wnet for never seemed to quite work for some reason or other. I have coem up with a list that I think may work, but I thought I'd let some more experienced generals pick over it.

I have no models purchased as yet, so it's pretty much all comments appreciated (although from a painting point of view I would love either a Casket or Giant in there ;))

Anyways...

Characters

General
Tomb King - 321
Light Armour, Shield, Flail, Chariot, Chariot of Fire, Golden Ankhara

Hierophant
Liche Priest - 160
Cloak of Dunes, Hieretic JAr

Liche Priest - 330
Casket of Souls, Brooch of the Desert, Dispell Scroll

Core

20 Skeleton Warriors - 210
Full command, Banner of Undying Legion

20 Skelelton Warriors - 185
Full Command

10 Skeleton Warriors - 80

3 Chariots - 140
Standard

3 Chariots - 140
Standard

5 Light Horsemen - 77
Musician

5 Light Horsemen - 77
Musician

Special

Tomb Scorpion - 85

Tomb Scorpion - 85

3 Ushabti - 195

4 Carrion - 92

Rare

Screaming Skull Catapult - 100
Skulls of the Foe

PARTYCHICORITA
08-04-2009, 14:52
I am not a big fan of skeleton warriors. I feel banner of the undying legion is much better of in a chariot unit. I also feel another priest would be nice, TK need their magic.

Crube
08-04-2009, 19:54
I see what you mean about the banner... I was looking at the D6 models being resurected... hmmmm...

As to the additional priest - I was looking at that, and strangely enough 2 Priest (with 50 points of magic) comes to the same cost as the casket. Thing is, I love the model :) It would free up a Rare slot too, but where to find the points for either another SSC or a Bone Giant?

I could lose 2 unit of Light Cavalry (but would one work well enough? I suppose I have enougbh tools to do the job they are there for (Carrion, Scorpions and 7 Chariots) so I could in theory lose both)

Losing both gives me 154 points either another SSC and some more little bits... or another priest on top of what I already have?

stonetroll
08-04-2009, 22:22
Just a quicky, but do you really want the jar on your casket priest? I think you really want that Jar to get the one mighty charge off, not "just" another SSC shot. Having the Jar on you casket priest means he's immboile and unlikely to be in range of that all important charge you want to use the Jar for, right? I'd seriously think about going Cloak + Jar on your Hierophant.

just my 2 cents.

W A L 5 H Y
08-04-2009, 22:29
Yeah looks solid! I think that another character would do well. As magic really is great for TKs

Its also better to have more warriors with bows than melee weapons IMO. As the spell that lets you do it twice, no modifiers ect.

Crube
08-04-2009, 22:32
Good point about the Jar... a quick change methinks is in order.

All the Warriors are just taking their bows - no spears or anything. I like the idea of 50 arrows hitting on 5s :), followed by another 50... :D

I'll make any adjustments in my first post.