PDA

View Full Version : Slann & Skink Chief on Stegadon in Temple Guard unit

Deus Mechanicus
10-04-2009, 05:18
Just checking how this works. Say i have a Slann and a Skink Chief on Stegadon and i want to put them both in a unit of 20 Temple Guards, how would that look? The Slann must go in the second rank but i assume the skink should still go in the front. Did i rank them up properly here or how does this work?

Foegnasher
10-04-2009, 05:32
all i see is too many eggs in one basket.

you want to make your TG immune to terror, there are cheaper ways.

Necromancy Black
10-04-2009, 09:29
To answer your question that seems to be the correct way in which to rank them up.

Spirit
10-04-2009, 09:58
Just checking how this works. Say i have a Slann and a Skink Chief on Stegadon and i want to put them both in a unit of 20 Temple Guards, how would that look? The Slann must go in the second rank but i assume the skink should still go in the front. Did i rank them up properly here or how does this work?

TYour answer looks right, but remember you can put the stegadon on an extreme flank, thus making it impossible for a flanker to attack temple guard!

you want to make your TG immune to terror, there are cheaper ways.

Slann makes the temple guard ITP anyway.

Gazak Blacktoof
10-04-2009, 11:20

Probably not, its going to be difficult to stop that unit from doing what it wants whilst scoring victory points from it.

The steg doesn't add much to the unit though.

Spirit
10-04-2009, 11:25
It stops a lot of models being able to attack the temple guard (if positioned correctly)

Seeing as it counts as 2 for ranks, you only need the steg and 3 temple guard to form ranks, i doubt much could touch that in combat.

Gazak Blacktoof
10-04-2009, 11:36
I guess so. I don't see the temple guard as troops that are generally in need of protection

cybercaine
10-04-2009, 16:07
I guess so. I don't see the temple guard as troops that are generally in need of protection

Exactly. The temple guard with slann are ITP, stubborn, and if the slann is a bsb, they get a reroll on break tests. Plus they can really beat stuff down.