PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld ordering problems???

tangomegadeath
13-04-2009, 17:59
hey all,

i've mailed forgeworld with this but thought i'd ask here for a more speedy answer:

i just tried to order a lightning, a thunderbolt and imperial armour book 1 and can't get the orders to appear at the checkout.

when the "add to cart" button is pressed it says it's in the basket and a mini box on the left confirms this but when another is ordered the mini box on the left only states the new items cost not the total cost of all items.

the checkout and shooping trolley display none of the items when clicked.

is this just me (my browser possibily) or does forgeworld have a problem?

cheers in advance

tango.

Hena
13-04-2009, 18:05
This was noticed in Finnish forum as well and someone said that IE worked. Could that be verified?

Which would be nasty as I don't have IE nor any willingness to bash it to work.

AlexCage
13-04-2009, 18:07
Running IE here and I've got the same issue. Seems like a hiccup on their site. Hope they get it sorted out by payday...

tangomegadeath
13-04-2009, 18:43
So no solutions then?

That's about 160 I'm thinking of spending elsewhere then...

gqelements
13-04-2009, 20:19
Front page of FW website warns of new server upgrade causing some online store issues. (see bottom right in tiny red font)

I'm in the same boat, waiting to order the Templar dread...

Forlorn
13-04-2009, 20:27
On the ordering front..I haven't seen any listing on the FW site to be able to place an order to pick-up at the Baltimore GD in May.

SimonL
13-04-2009, 20:27
Seriously tangomegadeath...you can't wait what, a day or so until they fix it? Especially as you'll have to wait for it to ship.

That's some serious impulse spending problems you've got there :D

Sam skywalker
13-04-2009, 20:40
Sorry to Hijack the thread but... I ordered some stuff in January and it still aint come nor have I had a reply from forgeworld when I enquired about it... Does that happen normally?

Spacker
13-04-2009, 20:52
I think that note has been there on the right for about a year.

As to problems ordering, last time this happened to me I just refreshed the page in the checkout where it stops working and it cured it.

As to replies from FW, never email them about order issues - ring them. They are notoriously bad at replying to emails.

carldooley
13-04-2009, 21:01
the last time that I ordered from them, in march - it took about 3 weeks to arrive. forgeworld's Phone #'s are

Sales Order Line: ++ 44 (0) 115 916 8177
Fax Number: ++ 44 (0) 115 916 8044

i've ordered from them twice and have had no problems - and i intend to do so again.

Korras
13-04-2009, 22:07
Sorry to Hijack the thread but... I ordered some stuff in January and it still aint come nor have I had a reply from forgeworld when I enquired about it... Does that happen normally?

call them. they had issues with order confirmations being sent out after an order, but not being entered into their system, back in january. your credit card hasn't been billed for it, either.

I had the same problem, and they explained what happened. they simply took the order again, billed it, and sent it out ASAP. I got it the day after.

BigBadBull
13-04-2009, 22:08
Ordered a reaver and 2 bfg fleets about 2 weeks ago , and every thing was on my doorstep in 3 days from ordering, And that was England to the USA.

Might have some issues with Easter weekend , and the server guys taking some time off...lol ;)

stevester79
13-04-2009, 22:42
I've had the same problem just try the site later or give em a call and Simon will put the order in for you and run your card.

TheFloatingHead
13-04-2009, 22:50
Yeah I tried ordering some stuff last night but every item immediately disappeared out of my cart leaving empty. Sure I can wait a few days but I was really hoping to get some Krieg minis to bulk out my army and add some much needed anti tank support. Oh well give it time...

Bregalad
14-04-2009, 08:34
BTW forget emailing them, will probably not be read (except the order form). Phone them.

harrytheschmuck
14-04-2009, 14:33
i really would not order through forge world online, i would now only do it through the GW store, i did it and they robbed me of 35 worth of stuff they didnt send

harrytheschmuck
14-04-2009, 14:36
there is no point in phoning them, they have something like 3 people doing the whole of the worlds forge world oders and they hadley ever pick up, i feel for them but i also feel for the fact i lost 35! at least if you order to the shop you can go moan at a manager to get the oder sorted for you rather sending ages phoning or emailing not that they get time to reply

Treadhead_1st
14-04-2009, 15:15
@ Harry - you must have had a bad day. I've never had a problem with FW, I rang them when I accidentally placed a 250 order twice and it got sorted right away. Their customer service has been excellent (an item didn't turn up in my order, so I e-mailed them just to check it was in the system, and they said it was and it was out of stock. They next-day-deliveried the first sprue off the batch - and I didn't even ask them to, I literally just wanted confirmation the order was recieved.). All my calls got through straight away too.

And I'm not sure you *can* order FW in GW stores any more - they won't let me at my local GW anyway (UK).

Tried to place an order this morning, and it was screwing up. However, I've had some stuff in my cart (not ordered it yet, as it's 120 and I need to check I really need it all) and it seems to be working now.

gqelements
14-04-2009, 20:36
Payment Method

An error occurred at the catalog web site while recording your order. Try again or press "<Back" to select a different payment method or press "Cancel" and contact us with your order details. The error was: The order details sent by the Java applet or secure server do not match the order details stored on the web site. Your order has not been placed. If this problem persists, please use another payment method.

:( nothing is working still

Bregalad
16-04-2009, 09:29
Newsflash from Forge World (received yesterday 20:23):

It appears that our web store failed over the weekend and many customers who attempted to place orders with us could not do so for some time. This problem has now been fixed and you should have no difficulty in placing orders with us again. We apologise for any inconvenience and disappointment this caused. If you have any doubt as to whether or not your order was successful, please get in contact with our customer services team either by sending us an email to fworderenquiries@games-workshop.co.uk or give us a ring on 0115 916 8177, and we will be happy to take a look into things for you.