PDA

View Full Version : how is this possible

SirSnipes
13-04-2009, 20:56
how can i get a assasin in my imperial guard list, is it a rule somewherethat lets people do this?

is it legal

Grimtuff
13-04-2009, 20:58
Reading the Witch Hunter and Daemonhunter codexes would be a good start. ;)

Next question.

Hicks
13-04-2009, 21:01
Assassins are part of the Daemon Hunter and Witch Hunter codex (they are the same in both these codices). You can use them as allies for your IG force, but you have to take an inquisitor too.

Spacker
13-04-2009, 21:02
And given that you cannot take the Inquisitor from one Ordo codex and Assassin from the other (see WH FAQ) this means that you have to take an Inquisitor Lord (and his retinue) as an HQ choice in order to take an Assassin, and so it's not a cheap addition pointswise to an army.

carldooley
13-04-2009, 21:17
the key to making it worthwhile is to make the IL a tech addition - as you lose the HQ slot for a special character - at least in the current codex. I haven't looked at the incoming one - but it may prove to be interesting.

Personally, my favorite is:
DH Inq Lord, Psychic Hood
3x Mystics

put it next to a LRMBT and you have something that will make your opponents want to DS a long, long way away.

SirSnipes
13-04-2009, 21:48
well i was thinking of a ninja grot for my grot rebels and needed to figure out how to do it

carldooley
13-04-2009, 22:00
well i was thinking of a ninja grot for my grot rebels and needed to figure out how to do it

3 Lootas with a Loota Warboss?
3x HB Servitors with a Psycannon equipped Inq Lord?

SirSnipes
13-04-2009, 22:16
nope, no orks imthinking a marine with a grot head, etceteraand i couldnt find servetors in the DHcodex

RichBlake
13-04-2009, 22:28

An Inquisitor Lord costs a minimum of 63, then a temple assassin will cost 95-120, or Death Cult assassins 1-3 of them at 40 points each. If you're going for a themed army it's not too bad.

Failing that an Inquisitor Lord with a familiar will be I5, high Iniative is what you're going for for a "ninja". Since you need 3 hencmen though I'd make a joke of it. Say he's a famous ninja with a band of followers and bards (if you have watched Monty Python's the Holy Grail think of Sir Robin's (i think) bard, how he sings as he quests)

Grimtuff
13-04-2009, 22:59
nope, no orks imthinking a marine with a grot head, etceteraand i couldnt find servetors in the DHcodex

Try looking under the "Warrior henchman" entry.... :eyebrows:

SirSnipes
13-04-2009, 23:18
An Inquisitor Lord costs a minimum of 63, then a temple assassin will cost 95-120, or Death Cult assassins 1-3 of them at 40 points each. If you're going for a themed army it's not too bad.

Failing that an Inquisitor Lord with a familiar will be I5, high Iniative is what you're going for for a "ninja". Since you need 3 hencmen though I'd make a joke of it. Say he's a famous ninja with a band of followers and bards (if you have watched Monty Python's the Holy Grail think of Sir Robin's (i think) bard, how he sings as he quests)

perfect, gut yes he must be ninja, and i found the servitors, so mebe a wholesquad ofninjas with a single l33t ninja

carldooley
14-04-2009, 01:07
if you want ninjas, you may be better off going with the WH inq lord - they have Crusaders available - a better choice than anything else - also, remember that you can take 1 hq and one elite from either DH or WH, and since you have to take a HQ of your ig\grots, you could take another elite of the other ordo. for that matter, don't overlook the Grey Knight Teleport Squads on P. 29.

Horus38
14-04-2009, 02:44
how can i get a assasin in my imperial guard list, is it a rule somewherethat lets people do this?

is it legal

Play Apocolypse ;)

SirSnipes
14-04-2009, 02:57
if you want ninjas, you may be better off going with the WH inq lord - they have Crusaders available - a better choice than anything else - also, remember that you can take 1 hq and one elite from either DH or WH, and since you have to take a HQ of your ig\grots, you could take another elite of the other ordo. for that matter, don't overlook the Grey Knight Teleport Squads on P. 29.

im gonna use a WH lord, i just have this great ninja grot, and ill convert him a few grots to hang with, btw is there a limit to how many familiars i cna have?

then i can finally usemy grot vindicare(a bush with a sniper rifle )

FraustyTheSnowman
14-04-2009, 06:00
I believe you can only ever have three of any specific henchmen.

Avaron
15-04-2009, 07:30
or when the new guard book comes out feild Trooper Marbo. the magicly appearing DEMO charge and poisoned knife.