PDA

View Full Version : could\would you DOWNGRADE your character?

carldooley
13-04-2009, 21:55
Looking at the Demonhunters Codex, I was wondering over what Special Character\HQ to ally with my Space Marines. One possibility is the Grey Knight Hero - Brother Captain, as it is the only one that would fit the points that I have allotted for it. as I don't plan on including a Land Raider, could I choose to purchase Power Armor for him so as to allow him to ride in a rhino with one of my troops?

Fay_Redd
13-04-2009, 22:02
Well, isnt a brother captain in termie armour anyway. i dont think he has a power armour option. but if he does then win. Personally i dont like the fact he has 1 wound, and giving him power armour would just make him even more fragile.

carldooley
13-04-2009, 22:04
Well, isnt a brother captain in termie armour anyway. i dont think he has a power armour option. but if he does then win. Personally i dont like the fact he has 1 wound, and giving him power armour would just make him even more fragile.

yes but... when everything else I have is in a transport, it is either downgrade his armor or use him as a fire magnet.

Strikerkc
13-04-2009, 22:09
Not by the rules, as power armor doesn't have the terminator compatability "*".

And realy man, if you're that tight on points, you have better things to add than a single model, HQ, overpointed (if you could pay more to give him less), character from another codex.

RichBlake
13-04-2009, 22:18
Looking at the Demonhunters Codex, I was wondering over what Special Character\HQ to ally with my Space Marines. One possibility is the Grey Knight Hero - Brother Captain, as it is the only one that would fit the points that I have allotted for it. as I don't plan on including a Land Raider, could I choose to purchase Power Armor for him so as to allow him to ride in a rhino with one of my troops?

If you have an Elite slot left you could always just buy an Inquisitor. 20 points is good value, though I think you'd need to buy power armour. In any case he'd come to 30 points.

LonelyPath
13-04-2009, 23:15
Not by the rules, as power armor doesn't have the terminator compatability "*".

And realy man, if you're that tight on points, you have better things to add than a single model, HQ, overpointed (if you could pay more to give him less), character from another codex.

You beat me to it, lol.