PDA

View Full Version : New IG box set question

chrismp_123
14-04-2009, 20:53
I just took a look at IG's entire product section on Games Workshop's website. All come with a few troops, a command, heavy weapons and a sentinal. :wtf: I could have sworn that they all used to come without the command and with a LR? :confused: I feel that this is kinda lame. I mean all the box sets come with 1 sentinal! The only armor in the box! What do you guys think? Do you think its still a good deal?

SPYDER68
14-04-2009, 22:02
Less of a value now.. The same as most boxed sets are becoming.

As other thread in general says..

$35 for 20 guardsmen is now going to be $22 for 10...($44 for 20)

Griefbringer
14-04-2009, 22:16
I guess for those who prefer the old battleforces, you still have a few weeks left to raid for them in the local indie stores, before the new revised ones are released.

Mind me, it is the current Cadian box that comes with Leman Russ - the Catachan one comes instead with 5 more grunts and 2 Sentinels. Though the Catachans also had an older one with Russ, Sentinel and 20 grunts.

I guess the new battle forces share the same thing as all the others: they are a passable deal if you will find use for everything that is inside (since they should be a bit cheaper than getting it all separately). Otherwise not. Though you also get a passable sturdy cardboard box with nice artwork to store your stuff inside.

laudarkul
14-04-2009, 22:21
I see it as a good deal if you take into account the new prices for IG squads set. I mean IG Battleforce is 53.85. 2xIG squads(=23)+Sentinel(=14.7)+Command squad(=14.7)+HW Squad(=19.55) means 71.95. On paper look like a good deal...

Johnnyfrej
14-04-2009, 22:22
Depends on what you need. Since I need a few of the new Command boxes as well as some Plasma sportin' Sentinals I might just get a few of the new boxes. And of course you can never have enough Guardsmen.

EVIL INC
14-04-2009, 22:26
If your looking for Russes, just buy the 3 russ squad box sets for $90 if you live in the U.S. (or whatever the equivelant is in other countries).
Buy up as many 20 man sets as possible and use them to make your sarges, voxes and special weapons. Then buy up a bunch of the 5 man snap fit gaurd for filler troops.

jason_sation
14-04-2009, 22:48
This is after they took out the free terrain from the Cadian boxes! I still have yet to assemble mine and use it for anything, but still...