PDA

View Full Version : Chaos space marines or blood angels?

orange-peel
14-04-2009, 22:01
I've been giving my new army alot of thought lately and im stuck between a plague marine based army or blood angels.

I like both so models wise im indifferent.
I was just wondering which army do you think is more competative and which will be more interesting to play?

Rosstifer
16-04-2009, 11:08
Normally I would say chaos straight away as they are what I play, however ever scince the new codex Death Gaurd have been rising in popularity and are now reasonably common. I haven't seen a Blood Angels army. Ever. So I would go with those. If you care about cost then you can buy Assault on Black Reach and get 600 points of marines instantly, and sell or trade the Orks, Rulebook and the other stuff off. The Marines included aern't specificaly Blood Angels, but if you use Blood Angels transfers and paint them red no one will notice. Plague Marines will do better competativly I would say, due to that 5 toughness but the Blood angels would give you more options to play with.

skraal
16-04-2009, 11:49
dont do either of them.... do a fully khorne based army.....
all those atacks on the charge!!!

i am currently basing my army on the world eaters and its really awsome...
currently converting a minature to be kharn....
ive got over 4000 points and its still growing!!!
skulls for the skull throne!!!
skraal

orange-peel
17-04-2009, 10:05
I really don't want to do khorne because i hate the miniatures and i want to enjoy looking at the models. I like armies that are not over-used so BA sounds good to me

Mr Day
17-04-2009, 13:22
As a Chaos player I do like he idea of plague marines, but In all honesty i think that Blood Angels are a better choice. At 1500 points they pack some serious punch.

Standing there with a chaos squad defending an objective while a Blood Angel assault squad, Chaplin, 2 razorbacks and a death company come tearing at you is virtually impossible to stop. Plus their back story is some of the best of the loyalist chapters :)

Plus the important point, Blood angels are plastic and physically cheaper to get an army together. The plague marines are all metal models.

captainramoz
17-04-2009, 13:39
dont do either of them.... do a fully khorne based army.....
all those atacks on the charge!!!

i am currently basing my army on the world eaters and its really awsome...
currently converting a minature to be kharn....
ive got over 4000 points and its still growing!!!
skulls for the skull throne!!!
skraal

Blood angels are also very Khornate
Blood for drinking
(should be their battlecry:D)

Charistoph
17-04-2009, 17:13
I know of 3 BA players locally, no PM players...

Go whatever your local group isn't abusing at the moment. That's usually my preference (but I play Tau...)

BobTheZombie
17-04-2009, 17:20
Take a look at the Forge World Death Guard stuff, and try not to buy any. Hard, isn't it? I have a unit of their plague marines, and they're excellent looking, not too expensive for FW and easy to assemble.

victorpofa
18-04-2009, 18:15
Blood Angels have a lot of mobility with Jump Pack Troops, and Death Guard are tough as nails. I think the Blood Angels are a better choice currently only because you can do them with minimal metal and no resin. Death Guard have some nice models, but Plague Marines are pricey as are the Forgeworld upgrade packs.