PDA

View Full Version : Old Daemonettes.

White_13oy
15-04-2009, 01:09
I was wanting to get some daemonettes for both my Daemons of Chaos and my Chaos Daemons, but GW doesn't seem to have them in the collectors range. I would love to have these old model as they are far superior to the current ones. Is there anywhere that has them? I have checked ebay and couldn't find any. If not, what is a good substitute for them?

Necromancy Black
15-04-2009, 02:52
Try GW resellers and asking around your local gaming clubs if anyone ahs any old models they wish to part with or sell to you.

I honestly love the old models. Can't stand the new ones.

Kushan Blackrazor
15-04-2009, 03:08
I've had a very tough time finding any that weren't going for a high price on Ebay or other auction sites. It seems like stocks were already low on them when the new ones came out. Shame GW doesn't seem interested in adding them to the collector's range, I think they were perfect.

holmcross
15-04-2009, 03:25
Which version? The original ones, or the 2nd most recent release?

Kushan Blackrazor
15-04-2009, 03:27
Which version? The original ones, or the 2nd most recent release?

The non-crab claw ones, I believe is what the OP is looking for. That is to say, the very nice metal ones released for 6th edition that immediately vanished once the new plastics came out.

Fenrir
15-04-2009, 09:18
I don't think you'll see a re-release of these in the collectors due to the titties on display (absurd, I know - its a metal toy) and GW's child friendly attitude.

blackcherry
15-04-2009, 09:22
I don't think you'll see a re-release of these in the collectors due to the titties on display (absurd, I know - its a metal toy) and GW's child friendly attitude.

Pretty much this. Best bet is just to ask around and look on auction/trading sites for the older models. Barter Town isn't that bad and you could do a lot worse than start looking there.

Ixquic
15-04-2009, 13:16

Are you sure?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50014&prodId=prod790927
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50013&prodId=prod790903
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50025&prodId=prod1050024

Not all of their older stuff is up yet after their horrible change to bitz/model ordering last year for whatever stupid reason. I can't still can't buy the Lucretia Belladonna, Wood Elf LE Battle Standard, Ariel or Everqueen and Maiden Guard models I've been wanting for a while.

Fenrir
15-04-2009, 13:50
Fair enough about the harpies. I expect they'll be changed at some point.

Sasori_jap
15-04-2009, 14:25
Boobs for the win! Bring back the old daemonettes tbh. They dont look like demons that would seduce you at all...

White_13oy
15-04-2009, 23:38
The current ones are not good at all imo. I agree that the old ones were perfect. There are sets of three going for around 25 dollars on ebay.co.uk. bit steep imo. Found someone that has some, but he didn't say how many he had. Hoping there is enough to have at least one squad of the good ones.

Bregalad
16-04-2009, 00:30
Everyone prefers the previous Daemonettes, that's why they sold out shortly after their replacement was announced. That's why the few offered on ebay get such high prices.

Difficult to find alternatives:
Wood Elf Dryads
1 in a Helldorado box
3 non-fighting by Heresy
1 by Freebooter
Some by Reaper Warlords Darkspawn
Guess that's it.