PDA

View Full Version : GW - mindfull or madness

thinkerman
15-04-2009, 23:13
As fans/customers/gamers we are very critical of GW, its products, rules, games, minis, marketting and much more

Its easy for us all to dwell on the bad things like price rises an codex's which dont meet out expectations, do we dwell on the good things enough?

Llew
16-04-2009, 01:18
The good points are anything that's not a negative. There are plenty of non-negative posts, even on WarSeer.

Godfiend
16-04-2009, 01:50
The good point is that for all the whining and moaning we do on the forum, we still go and buy the models and the books and play the game and go to local stores and sacrifice goats in the name of the Chaos Gods. If we point out something we don't like, that means we see room for improvement on what we already spent time and money and goat blood on. It shows we care. I'd rather be part of a whiny fan base than a silent one.

Templar Ben
16-04-2009, 02:56
Only people that care complain. Once you stop caring you move on. Keep in mind that it depends on where you are in the site. In other GW we talk about the company and not the products. Those are very different.

Korras
16-04-2009, 05:10
plenty of posts can be found with positive posts. and all that aside, we still buy GW products, so they must be doing something right. ;)

Jedi152
16-04-2009, 08:51
Not really. Every member of this site loves this hobby enough to look for it and want to discuss it on the 'net, but you wouldn't think it to read some posts.

yabbadabba
16-04-2009, 09:12
Only people that care complain.

You need to spend more time in a retail customer service environment ;)

Amr40
16-04-2009, 17:14
[QUOTE=Godfiend;3476103]The good point is that for all the whining and moaning we do on the forum, we still go and buy the models and the books and play the game and go to local stores and sacrifice goats in the name of the Chaos Gods. If we point out something we don't like, that means we see room for improvement on what we already spent time and money and goat blood on. It shows we care./QUOTE]

I'm sorry but thats going straight to my signature :D

Hashshashin
16-04-2009, 20:26
As soon as I open a thread and it just a bunch of people sippin' on Haterade, I close it and read something else.

That's not to say I think GW is perfect or I feel like there's nothing to complain about, I complain and have complaints, but if I'm going to spend my free time on the internet looking at a discussion board about a game I want it to at least be entertaining, ya' know.

so that's how I deal, know there's bad but look for the good and entertaining...It's a discusion about a game after all :)

Cane
16-04-2009, 21:07
As a student of business and as a GW customer, I try to approach the business operations of GW objectively. More often than not I list what they do right, but if you have business knowledge you can readily see with GW's business practices....they have much to be left desired and thats putting it mildly.

The price hike is only one of several examples of bad business practice.

jimbobodoll
16-04-2009, 23:55
it is possible to love the hobby, love the background and settings, love the models, hell, even love the rules... But you can love all those things and still hate the company.... White Dwarf, bits service, overturning 2 decades of precedence by allowing mixed demon lists... etc etc...