PDA

View Full Version : what would you have?

Killboss
16-04-2009, 06:39
Hello, if you could have a new sculpt be it squad or character (even ones without a model) what would it be?

I was going to say He'Stan but that is taken care of. Now i would have to say plastic sisters, not that i collect them but 'cmon metal troops is just stupid.

Ddraiglais
16-04-2009, 07:52
Plastic IG units. DKoK, Tallarn, Vahallan, Vostroyan, etc, etc would be great.

Logarithm Udgaur
16-04-2009, 08:26
Dark Eldar of all shapes and sizes.

weirdo2590
16-04-2009, 08:29
Anythings dark eldar, with witches, raiders and incubi on lowest priority. Wait they're the only ones we can actualy use at the moment... Resculpt them ^^

Fay_Redd
16-04-2009, 08:49
I will join the general public and say Dark Eldar need loving. The army is nice, terror tactics all the way. But god awful models.

and is it just me or does anyone else think that GW dosnt need to change the imperial guard infantry box to 10 guys, cos right now we can get 20 for 18 quid and they are with a new release going, on yah, it's now 24 quid. 6 quid increase GW.

dblaz3r
16-04-2009, 09:28
I will chime in with the old plastic gargoyle schtick. Some plastic wings for warriors would be good too. I like flying nids :)

Rosstifer
16-04-2009, 09:46
I think Flash Gitz because as far as I know, they've never had models full stop.

the1stpip
16-04-2009, 09:48
Hest'an.

The new model si awful.

Serpent
16-04-2009, 09:57
Sisters. Because that would mean I have to get another army of them...:)

On what needs to be done, anything Dark Eldar.

W0lf
16-04-2009, 09:57
Plastic sisters or vahalan guard.

Ether and id start the army.

Lord Damocles
16-04-2009, 09:59
Plastic Wraithguard.

Grazzy
16-04-2009, 10:22
Plastic grey knights without a shadow of a doubt.

AlmightyNocturnus
16-04-2009, 10:43
Corbulo, Captain Tycho, the entire Dark Eldar range...but now that I think about it, GW does seem to gradually be getting around to replacing all of the truly ugly models. Hmm. Good job GW!

Almighty Nocturnus

Ganymene
16-04-2009, 10:57
I was going to say every Dark Eldar model, but I'm going to be selfish and say: a multi-part plastic Autarch kit, like the Space Marine Commander or the Chaos Lord.

Metal models are a pain to convert, give us plastic!

MagrukWikkid
16-04-2009, 11:49
Warp Spiders. I don't care if they're plastic or metal. One of the most useful fast attack choices in the codex, and the sculpts are pre 2nd ed and look like...well, the word I want to use would have me thrown outta here pretty quick. So I'll leave it to your imaginations.

And now I can't order metal bits from GW, I'm unable to easily convert them. Goddamn ridiculous.

Xelloss
16-04-2009, 12:19
Definitively plastic sisters. Metal models are nice looking, can be purchased at a reasonable price at ebay, but really hard to convert.

With the progress they made with plastic casting, lots of mini can easily be transferred from metal to plastic without much quality loss. Too much of them are flatted to be easy to cast in one piece, so it even means quality enhancement.

The minus side is plastic is harder to strip, so second-hand minis becomes very less attractive...

Mojaco
16-04-2009, 12:49
Plastic Tzeentch daemons. Their many arms are frustrating to glue together, plus Tzeentch hasn't recieved any love for ages now. Their newest model is a FW dreadnought and Thousand Sons got new models when CSM plastic were redesigned for the 3rd edition codex. Other then that it's all age-old. GIVE NEW STUFF PLX!

Logarithm Udgaur
16-04-2009, 12:49
The minus side is plastic is harder to strip, so second-hand minis becomes very less attractive...

Really I have found just the opposite as most plastics have less crenelations for paint to get stuck in.

Mojaco
16-04-2009, 13:06
Really I have found just the opposite as most plastics have less crenelations for paint to get stuck in.

Offtopic; what do you use that you find plastic easier to strip then metal? Generally, metal can be treated with far more aggresive methods, thus making stripping easier. Share your secrects! :)

Brucopeloso
16-04-2009, 13:24
New dark eldar range
Plastic sister models
Plastic horrors and plaguebearers

Vampiric16
16-04-2009, 13:25
Plastic gargoyles.
Plastic Hive tyrant.

Born Again
16-04-2009, 14:32
The list goes on forever.

Things that common sense dictates should exist (or the existing models are just too horrible):

*The entire DE range
*Plastic SoB
*Plastic Grey Knights
*Plastic Gargoyles (or at least metal ones that aren't butt-ugly)
*Plaguebearers and Horrors (Khorne and Slaanesh get all the loving...)

Things I would personally like to see:

*Flash Gitz (technically you can make 'em from nobz, but that's just GW being lazy imo, and you don't get enough guns on a frame for all 5)
*Cyborks (same reasoning as flash gitz)
*Tau Crisis and Broadside suits (bring them more in line with the lovely FW ones)
*Plague marines (again, more like the FW ones without the cost)
*Pariahs (because I've always wanted them to explore the human/ machine hybrid angle more).

galahad67
16-04-2009, 14:33
plastic sisters
plastic grey knights
plastic tzeentch
plastic slaaneeshians
plastic Thunderhawk

Grindgodgrind
16-04-2009, 14:36
I'd really like new Warp Spiders and Shining Spears, as much as I love the current ones.

Killgore
16-04-2009, 14:36
plastic Admech Skittari

plastic Greatcoat guard :)

Egaeus
16-04-2009, 17:02
Hello, if you could have a new sculpt be it squad or character (even ones without a model) what would it be?

I was going to say He'Stan but that is taken care of. Now i would have to say plastic sisters, not that i collect them but 'cmon metal troops is just stupid.

Well "everything in plastic" is a bit too broad. There are some things that seem more likely than others.

High on my personal list would be plastic gargoyles.
Also I would like to see a redo of the Warrior sprues so you could make any of the mid-sized 'Nids (Warriors, Raveners, Lictors, and maybe Zoanthropes) with them...I see them as a top & bottom type sprue, where the bottom could be legs or snake bodies.
A fully plastic Tyrant would be nice as well.

Since 'Nids don't have a 5th ed codex yet I think these are quite possible.

I wouldn't mind seeing plastic Sisters or greatcoat guard. Perhaps someday.

Captain Micha
16-04-2009, 17:09

Plastic Immortals, Flayed Ones, Pariah, Wraith, and Tomb Spyder. A new codex would be nice too.

Justicar_Freezer
16-04-2009, 18:16
Well I'll tip my hat to the dark eldar they do need a new line of plastics.

Though for me personally....plastic Mordian Imperial Guard. If GW released these in plastic I would have an apoc sized guard army. They are just my favorite guard army.

Also a plastic Hive Tyrant as well as the mid size gribblies being in plastic would be nice.

Logarithm Udgaur
16-04-2009, 19:57
Offtopic; what do you use that you find plastic easier to strip then metal? Generally, metal can be treated with far more aggresive methods, thus making stripping easier. Share your secrects! :)

I generally use DOT-3 brake fluid (same stuff that goes in my car). I did have a problem once where I left some plastics in suspension for about 2 weeks because I forgot about them. They lost a little bit of detail, but nothing irreconcilable.

Vaktathi
16-04-2009, 19:58
Plastic greatcoat guardsmen.

That is all.

Captain Micha
16-04-2009, 19:59
I generally use DOT-3 brake fluid. I did have a problem once where I left some plastics in suspension for about 2 weeks because I forgot about them. They lost a little bit of detail, but nothing irreconcilable.

DOT3 is much better than using DOT4 I experimented recently with 4 and it's just not as strong for removing paint (better for it's intended use by far though). I had nothing but DOT4 laying around so I was forced to use it.

DOT3 and a toothbrush, works wonders.

Ubermensch Commander
16-04-2009, 20:04
Plastic Greatcoat Guard
Plastic DE (New DE please, thank you)
Plastic SoB with HUGE HONKING.....guns....i was gonna say guns.

Plastic Monstrous Creatures, particulalry Hive Tyrants

5Pointer
16-04-2009, 21:47
A decent looking Daemon Prince!

TimLeeson
16-04-2009, 22:40
I'd of put out 1 new plastic for every race with the planetstrike addon :

plastic grey knights
plastic sisters
plastic necron wraiths (or flayed ones)
plastic legion of the damned (???)
plastic Tzeentch Horrors
plastic Greatcoats (perhaps Valhallans)
plastic gargoyles
plastic Raptors
Plastic Dark Eldar Warriors
Plastic Wraithguard
plastic Vespids (???)

Yeah my wishes are very unrealistic :D but seriously, if they ever did anything like that - I think it would actually help the company, as its encouraging to a start or buy stuff for variety of armies. Everyone would be happy (nearly).

If I was going Selfish-mode AKA selfish AND unrealistic mode - id say put out a Plastic kit for a new xeno race like the Umbra where you have fifteen models, ten for troops, 5 for elites - and all can be upgraded to make a variant troop/elite - effectively putting 4 units in a single box. Release a few blisters in metal and give them a white-dwarf dex and id be happy as punch.

SimonL
16-04-2009, 22:43
Redo the Legio Cybernetica/Imperial Robots for 5th Ed.

Also, resculpt the newest "battletech" incarnation of the Warlord Titan

Ranger S2H
16-04-2009, 22:55
more plastic guard regiments: greatcoat, mordian, tallarn etc.
plastic aircraft, non-imperial terrain kits, ork warboss, flash gitz, MP deffkoptas,
hive tyrant, ravener, gargoyls, tyrant guard, buggies, battlesuits, broadsides, commanders, pathfinders, rough riders, vespid, ogryns, stormtroopers, autarch, aspect warriors,

[SD] Bob Plisskin
16-04-2009, 23:50
Modular eldar scenery!! oh and god related chaos scenery hahahha!

Greater daemons would be fun in plastic, something like the fex kit.

A1TEC
17-04-2009, 02:55
grey knights

Max_Killfactor
18-04-2009, 16:31
1) Dark Eldar everything (raiders/ravagers are good enough for me though)
2) Plastic Sisters... cool army but too pricey
3) Plastic Grey Knights... see above
4) Plastic Autarch kit

chrismp_123
18-04-2009, 16:38
Dark Eldar
Plastic Wraithguard
Plastic Grey Knights

In that order.

MajorWesJanson
18-04-2009, 18:05
Plastic Warboss kit like the other plastic commanders
Plastic GK and GKTs
Plastic marine armor variants, like proper mk 8s, artificer options, and old marks like 4 and earlier
Plastic Broadside/commander kit
Plastic tau pathfinders
Plastic gargoyles
Plastic SM terminator HQ box (Captain, chaplain, librarian)
Plastic objectives/terrain kits (One for each race, or even a multi-race sprue like apoc command)

Azhrarn
18-04-2009, 18:48
At the very least all the lesser Daemons in plastic. (i.e. Plastic Horrors and Plaguebearers)
Those models are pretty old, although the horrors aren't exactly ugly and the plaguebearers are atleast functional.

However it gets rather painful when you need 6 boxes of 5 of the little blighters at the same price as the old 10-in-a-box version.

Other than that, the primary inquisition troops in Plastic. (Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle) mainly because those armies are in dire need of some loving.

Doppleskanger
19-04-2009, 01:26
Agree with everything here, but i think the marine chaplain on the bike is a horribly old model that really needs a work over. He just doesn't work next to the new versions.
so him, and everything else!

A1TEC
19-04-2009, 02:57
So many of the older models need to be taken into the studio and redone.

Legionary
19-04-2009, 03:00
A Slaaneshi daemon prince that's a handsome and sensual man, with no silly boobs all over the place.

sabreu
19-04-2009, 03:15
All models for the last few gaps in the space marine lines not already plastic!

My reasoning: It would be nice to finally plug the last of the holes in the most complete of all the lines for 40,000. Not only would you get the first and only completly plastic range for an army, but it would allow the studio to focus in on all the other lines without having to stop and pander a release for the big seller.

Fafner_Ni
19-04-2009, 08:02
New Dark Eldar, i was shocked to come back to the hobby after seven years to find everything i had was still up to date. Also plastic greatcoat guard.

Kettu
19-04-2009, 12:04
Plastic troops for the only two armies in the entire 40k game without any plastic options at all.

Oh, and the previous daemonettes and their mounted counter-parts to be re-released for collectors and those that like boobettes and not breast cancer patients.

Born Again
19-04-2009, 12:18
Plastic Warboss kit like the other plastic commanders
Plastic SM terminator HQ box (Captain, chaplain, librarian)

The Warboss is a great idea I'm sure all Ork players are holding out for. Not likely to happen though, if not I'd at least settle for the AoBR one being sold separately (same goes for the Deff Koptas, which are all kinds of better than the metal ones). The SM termie HQ box is so simple I never thought of it, but now for the life of me can't think of why they haven't done it!

A Slaaneshi daemon prince that's a handsome and sensual man, with no silly boobs all over the place.

Excellent idea, but given that the majority of GW's market is young males, this is highly unlikely to happen. Slaanesh is GW's version of "sex sells". Having said that, there's absolutely nothing sensual about the chest on the current Fiends, and the new daemonettes look like the worst kind of transvestite.

Poseidal
19-04-2009, 13:31

Someone like Sigvald? Granted he's a Fantasy sculpt, and only a bit bigger than normal infantry size.

Anyway, here's mine:

Dark Eldar
Plastic Wraithguard

Also, new Phoenix Lord scuplts put on New Terminator size bases. They should be more like DP of Khaine in a way; large, dynamic and imposing.

Seargent K
19-04-2009, 13:35
Plastics DKoK.Awesome models.

Doppleskanger
19-04-2009, 13:42
the new daemonettes look like the worst kind of transvestite.

There's a good kind of transvestite? :D

I mean the bad ones are scary and the fit ones are just dangerous!

Dr.Mercury
19-04-2009, 14:07
I will chime in with plastic wraithguard.
$150 for a unit is a bit nutty.

I will agree though, the Dark Eldar do need massive amounts of love.

Killboss
19-04-2009, 14:23
Loving these reply people (there are some here that i have never though about (like wraithguard, the metal-ness is why i dont have a squad.)

Also, i LOVE all the jokes about the new daemonettes (even though most arn't jokey and more serious.) Keep 'em up.

Legionary
19-04-2009, 15:47
Someone like Sigvald? Granted he's a Fantasy sculpt, and only a bit bigger than normal infantry size.

Yep, exactly in the mould of Sigvald. I'll be converting him as my Chaos Space Marine Lord, but Slaanesh sorely needs a pretty-boy daemon prince that looks good and doesn't have silly bondage/boobs. Sigvald's too small to be a daemon prince.

Logarithm Udgaur
19-04-2009, 22:59

Like this guy?
http://helldorado.fr/ressources/factions/faction/figurine/image_figurine_id67/image_url_figurine.jpg

DaSpaceAsians
19-04-2009, 23:41
Plastic Stormtroopers
Plastic Greatcoats
Plastic Hellhound and Variants
Plastic Demolisher and Variants
Plastic Flyers
All of the Artillery option in the IG codex

and the Freaking Meltas, Plasmas, Heavy Flamers and Sniper Rifles in the standard 10 man IG boxes

Pasquill
19-04-2009, 23:41
Eldar jetbikes/shinning spears, wraithguard, warpspiders and a repackage of the stormguardians, because there are only 8 in a box and min squad has to be 10+.

Then I can die happy.

burad
20-04-2009, 02:44
Plastic Sisters
Plastic Vostroyans

Ravenheart
20-04-2009, 02:48
Plastic Tallarns!

With enough parts to costumize every IG unit into Tallarn style.