PDA

View Full Version : Attitudes to mixed geneseed

Giant Fossil Penguin
16-04-2009, 07:44
Firstlt I must say that the search function for this forum is epic; it gave me a huge advantage in phrasing this question properly.

From past discussions about wether mixing geneseed is possible, it became apparent that it was. Many people pointed out the issues with the 13th and 21st Foundings, but others were just as sure that these were not the sum total of all mixed-geneseed Chapters.
My own reading has garnered a pearl from the Renegade Sons IA, that states that many Chapters have such a heritage, and goes on to state that it is unknown wether it may be an issue in the future, which, to me, seems as if it is saying that mixed geneseed isn't per se a garantor of future corruption.
My question stems from my own DIY Chapter (and when doesn't it?:)). When this idea is exposed to others it is almost a given that the idea of a mixed geneseed is a poor choice and 'breaks the rules' of the 40k universe. Where does this attitude come from?
From the fluff I have read, I can't see anything that definitively states that mixed geneseed=corrupt/renegade/mutant/hated by the Imperium at some point in its future, but I am certainly willing to find out that it is stated in some older source-book that I haven't read. If it isn't fluff based (and by this I mean expressly stated, or very heavily hinted at beyond most doubt) then where does this attitude come from? Is it from people who wanted to write rules for their own Chapter's and said that they were BA+UM+SW+SOHs, whose rules had them, for 15pts, with 6 attacks, LD12, T6, WS/BS8?
I think that this topic is derivative enough (it certainly isn't treading any particularly new ground) that it is coming at the issue from a different direction, and I hope folk agree enough to enlighten this poor heretic.:angel:

Cheers
GFP

Giant Fossil Penguin
16-04-2009, 09:34
Is this topic of no interest? The idea of mixed geneseed is so frowned on, seemingly without reason. Wouldn't it be cool if we could find out why and, if such attitudes are baseless 'in universe', help to change it? If pepole are having their ideas rubbished for no reason then shouldn't we try to change it?
Looking forwarf to getting some feedback!

GFP

Bregalad
16-04-2009, 09:37
Attitudes to mixed geneseed:
Genestealer: "Hmmm, delicious!"
Kroot Shaper: "Urgh! Regurgulate that piece of BEEP at once!" ;)

BTW, no need to bump your own thread after two hours of inactivity :)

holmcross
16-04-2009, 10:07
This thread would probably get more attention if it was in the 40k Background forum. Thats where the fluff fanatics thrive.

Giant Fossil Penguin
16-04-2009, 12:26
I wondered where to put this thread (stop laughing at the back) and inevitably I got it wrong. How do I get it moved? Can I do it myself, or do I have to invoke the (gasp, shivers in the dust) mods?
As for bumping mon thread; through bitter experience I've watched this question die horribly, whilst others pass me by. Impatience got the better of and I'll admit to thinking I was being a bit premature when I did it. A bit of a dog's **** all over, so far, eh?

GFP

aberrant_unc
16-04-2009, 12:47
Just go repost it to the fluff forum and let this one die.

Actually, I see no problem with mixing geneseed. Grandfather Nurgle encourages it. Many gifts from the plaguebringer await you and your DIY chapter, when they inevitably turn to chaos