PDA

View Full Version : Red Scorpions, rules are where???

blameless
17-04-2009, 10:42
hey sorry if this is a no brainer :(

but I can see the old red scorpion rules from the IA book and im wondering if they are still valid???

can someone tell me what the story is?

Cry of the Wind
17-04-2009, 11:23
Codex Space Marines is where you'll find their rules. Since the IA list was made for the old codex it won't mesh well with the new one and its lack of traits. Really the Red Scorpions aren't that different from a codex chapter and the regular codex should do fine. Just make sure you include an Apothecary whenever you can (maybe write your list so you can have two command squads) to try and keep that theme.

Chaos and Evil
17-04-2009, 11:32
The Siege of Vraks volume II has updated rules for the Red Scorpions that are compatible with the new Space Marines Codex.

Mr_Rose
17-04-2009, 11:43
There are new rules for the Scorpions in Siege of Vraks 2; basically you get the same option of upgrading sergeants to apothecaries and that's pretty much it. I think there's also a PDF update of the commander dude for 5th ed on the FW website as well. Of course thee are all designed to work with the new C:SM.

pootleberry
17-04-2009, 11:45
If you can still upgrade those sergeants to apothecaries then that's going to be amazing as each squad will then benefit from FNP. I wonder how much those upgraded sergeants are going to be?

Cry of the Wind
18-04-2009, 14:50
The Siege of Vraks volume II has updated rules for the Red Scorpions that are compatible with the new Space Marines Codex.

You just gave me one less point of willpower to hold off on buying those Vraks books... I just wish they didn't cost so much since the first 4 were awesome.

fenrir31
18-04-2009, 14:53
Only problem with the Apoth. upgrade is it states for tac squads only....

Fay_Redd
18-04-2009, 14:54
wooo, if that is true. about the apothercary sargeants. that'd be amazing. FNP space marine army.

fenrir31
18-04-2009, 14:56
I love my Scorps models I'm using the Vet upgrade from FW as my standard marines.

victorpofa
18-04-2009, 18:42
Just use the Marine codex and model your sergeants as Apothecaries. IA books are not universally accepted so relying on its use might be a bad idea. Most people will not have a problem in fun games, but tourneys would be hit or miss depending on the organizers.

If you have the money using the vets for tacticals looks awesome. I thought of doing that, but can't afford it.

fenrir31
18-04-2009, 22:56
Yeah I hit FW hard when the Pound went down to $1.35 american in value that is the lowest I've seen it.