PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Colour Sheme update

John117
17-04-2009, 11:11
Hi,

Yesterday I bought 8 snap fit Eldar Gaurdians to practice colour schemes on. I've managed to paint 2, the first was an utter disastor but the second has turned out rather well. JUst wondering if you guys have any thoughts, tips etc...

Thanks

Here are the pics, fogive the poor photography :s

John117
17-04-2009, 11:11
ah, so clearly these attachments haven't worked...

Tonberry
17-04-2009, 11:15
For pictures of models, try the M,P&T part of the forum. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)

For images, use a free hosting site such as www.photobucket.com, who will provide a link to paste into your post.

John117
17-04-2009, 11:39
well i got the images up, oh poop. Is this gonna get deleted cos that took me ages?

Col. Dash
17-04-2009, 12:55
What information are you looking for? Like a girl who asks if her butt is big, if you want my honest opinion keep reading, if you want a pat on the back read someone else's post. I think the models are kind of hum drum. They do not have any real definition to them and the scheme itself isnt very striking, you have two very similar colors that do not compliment each other. You can go dark without using the same colors. Throw in some highlights most importantly, that will make a huge difference. next use a less glossy clear coat. The shinyness makes them appear wet. I think you are on the right track, just a little more work is needed.

John117
17-04-2009, 12:59
Thank you, an no i did not want a pat on the back, that kind of talk is not useful and doesn't help me improve. I like the armour as it is, however I'm unsure what colours to do the helmet and face plate. Prehaps a white helmet? I asked my dad and he said to pick out the details in some different colours, but what colours? What goes with dark blue? As for the mini's I only bought them to practice on and they seem as deffined as everything eles... Well as much as the other gaurdians at least.

Col. Dash
17-04-2009, 17:52
When i said defined I mean, add some highlights so things seem to stick out. Use a lighter version of the same color and apply it lightly to the high points.
Good colors i think are various orange shades, yellow, white might be ok but its hard to highlight white. A bright red might look good, i would stay away from dark reds in this case.

John117
17-04-2009, 18:35
When i said defined I mean, add some highlights so things seem to stick out. Use a lighter version of the same color and apply it lightly to the high points.
Good colors i think are various orange shades, yellow, white might be ok but its hard to highlight white. A bright red might look good, i would stay away from dark reds in this case.

"I think the models are kind of hum drum. They do not have any real definition to them"

Are you sure thats what you ment? Anyway, I'd go and try some highlighting, but I don't think it'll look good over a gloss coat and I preffer the effect of the gloss. I think I might add yellow and turn it into Alotic or however you spell it :p. Pitty I hate Rangers...

John117
17-04-2009, 18:36
I'll do a few more mini's and upload the pics.