PDA

View Full Version : my newly made terrain (it aint very good)

Lucaren
17-04-2009, 10:57
so heres the first to peices of my terrain these were made yesterday and earlier in the morning. i am broke and so am using what i have accsess to i do own however a mostly un built imperial sector and a few buit COD buildings.

onto the picks my refinery (ish) it stand 12inches tall so im quite happy with it for that reason.

and then theres also the command post again it aint that great.

Daniel36
17-04-2009, 12:39
You're not going to attract a lot of attention with a topic title like that, pal! :D
Now go paint!! It'll look fine once you've painted it up!

NealSmith
17-04-2009, 12:52
Agreed! That last one looks particularly interesting once painted I'm sure.

For that tin can look in either the Cities of Death or the Apocalypse book and there is a tutorial on how to add some card stock to it to make it look a little more interesting. I thought that piece was online, but now I'm thinking it's in one of those books.

Try to set the camera down when you take the pic. Reduces blur. :)

Keep up the good work!

Neal

Lucaren
18-04-2009, 07:57
right heres the finished command post im quite happy with it.

Malakai
18-04-2009, 15:45
It looks cool. Nice use of a blank cd spool. ;)

Legionary
18-04-2009, 17:09
Bit difficult to make out in the first set thanks to shakycam, but it looks fantastic painted up. Nice work.

Lucaren
18-04-2009, 17:32
thanks every one and Malakai i said i was skint i have to use what i can get my hands on. speaking of which i got 3 more cans and a huge card board box. it had 12 bottles of wine in. my parents don't drink there just irish. lol

NealSmith
19-04-2009, 00:37
A fine art to re-use/re-purpose of stuff to make terrain! A good start so far.

The COD book has lots of suggestions for using stuff like this. Disposable razor handles, saline solution bottle, the plastic from the GW blister packs, etc. Old computers are a gold mine for old capacitors, fans, chips, etc. They all can be made into stuff.

I'm still in the collecting stage myself... I need to get on the ball and make some of this stuff... :)

Devillocks
20-04-2009, 22:11
Edit that title, looking good so far. I'm a huge fan of the "whatever I had around the house" ethic myself, and it turned out well IMHO. The finished pics are much better quality, look forward to seeing more from your work desk! Cheers!

Daniel36
21-04-2009, 09:56
It actually turned out better than I would've expected! It's simple, yet elegant and looks like it actually has a purpose, which I find very important.

Keep up!

drew25a
28-04-2009, 10:15
i like that comand post, and ass what other peope said edit your title a bit ;)

insan0
02-05-2009, 17:30
A fine example of how much the paint job will effect a terrain piece. Turns that random assortment of cans/straws/rocks/whatever into a uniform piece.

N810
03-05-2009, 18:56
Well done, the paint job really brings it all together. :)

Lucaren
04-05-2009, 11:11
right guys i would have had an update for you of a pretty kool building IMO but my mums run off with my camera to Barcelona so i can't take awesome pics of it lame. Oh and i would edit the title, and i hate having to say this it makes me think im a noob, but how do you edit the title lol.

Vepr
04-05-2009, 14:52
Looks very nice painted up. That one piece probably beats 75% of what you see at most game shops. :D Keep up the good work.

N810
04-05-2009, 16:17
right guys i would have had an update for you of a pretty kool building IMO but my mums run off with my camera to Barcelona so i can't take awesome pics of it lame. Oh and i would edit the title, and i hate having to say this it makes me think im a noob, but how do you edit the title lol.

You just have to IM one of the admin to change it for you... ;)

jbone
06-05-2009, 15:32
I think the terrain looks great. I do agree with Daniel36; you won't attract many hits with your chosen thread title. Anyway, keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your terrain.

parus_ater
07-05-2009, 15:45
I like!

Decent, inspired, homemade terrain. Better than a ruined city of GW buildings, or even worse, those mail order "independant made" ones that look like they were manufactured by fisher price and covered with plaster of paris like a lot of folk post up.

Good on you! And if the title really sums up what you think then I can't wait to see something you like before painting!

Crube
07-05-2009, 15:59
Let me know what you want the title changed to and I'll gladly do it.

The terrain you've managed to make with what's lying around is an inspiration, and to be honest, makes my lack of effort depressing ;)

Keep it up, and don't forget to let me know what you want the title to be.

Crube
The Warseer Inquisition

Wicksy
10-05-2009, 21:47
right heres the finished command post im quite happy with it.

Thats pretty cool! i'll be nicking that idea as i have two of those spools sitting on my desk :D

Skaven13
11-05-2009, 00:39
Bud, for your first terrain, that is very very nice!
I recall a similar piece that was used a lot in White Dwarf back in the nineties. One shot in particular had a base like that with IG in it surrounded by Tyranids.

Lucaren
11-05-2009, 17:45
thank you Crube

could i have it changed to "my newly made terrain made from all manner of junk i had lying around". lol
thanks.