PDA

View Full Version : what would say to...

Fay_Redd
17-04-2009, 19:10
Ogre kingdoms gorgers as bloodcrushers for a daemon army.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300314&prodId=prod1040010&rootCatGameStyle=wh

thats them. i really like the bloodcrusher models and would happily use them, but i am aiming to have different models to everyone else these days, and i think they suit the bill.

rules-wise i dont see a problem either, bloodcrushers dont move as cavalry so the gorgers are plenty "slow enough". power-weapons, can you see the size of those claws, quite substantial, iron hide, well it's just tough skin.

your opinions.

BLARGAG!!!
17-04-2009, 19:17
I would not have a problem with that, as long as you told me before hand.

I can defiantly see people have having problems with this though.

Grimtuff
17-04-2009, 19:17
Put them on 60mm round bases (or 50mm square if yuo're planning on doubling up for WHFB) and you're golden. :)

Just make sure all of the BC in your army are this. Don't mix and match.

Hicks
17-04-2009, 19:18
I wouldn't object if you Khornified them a bit.

dal9ll
17-04-2009, 19:23
Good idea!

I have no problem with anyone making "counts as" models for Bloodcrushers merely because of the exorbinant price GW charges for them. $25 for a single Bloodcrusher?!?! I dont run any of them for exactly this reason. No matter how good they are or how cool the models are, I will not pay that ridiculous price.

Fire Harte
17-04-2009, 19:34
Same as the rest really Redd

Sanctjud
17-04-2009, 19:35
I saw someone used the new WFB Plastic Chaos Knights to represent them... cost effective and I guess decent in a friendly environment...but the bases were 60mm cardboard........

My 7 Cents.

LonelyPath
17-04-2009, 21:18
Nice idea, I use Raveners in my Slaaneshi forces, to pull daemonic chariots and sometimes as Seekers or Fiends (I do clorify before the games as to what they are). I always like to see some imagination out there, mixing things up with models that work and were not originally intended for what you use them for.

Dr.Mercury
17-04-2009, 22:01
I would have no problem with it at all, as long as you told me before hand.
But as far as the models go, they always seem a bit more Nurgle to me than Khorne.

Fay_Redd
18-04-2009, 13:47
@ DR.mercury, im intrigued as to how they are nurgle. state your reasoning!

and @ lonelypath, that sounds funky. For fiends i have conbsidered beastmen centigors, As with the right scheme they could look very slaaneshii i think.

Dr.Mercury
18-04-2009, 13:55
@ DR.mercury, im intrigued as to how they are nurgle. state your reasoning!

They look diseased IMO
Plus the one with the bandage over his eyes seems blinded.
I don't know, I think they would look wicked cool with a rotten slimy green paintjob!