PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Skraal2099
19-04-2009, 13:33
Hi, I'm new here and I'd like to ask a question. I am starting CSM army and want to know what box I should get next. I currently have: 10 chaos marines, 5 chaos terminators, 1 chaos lord and 1 dreadnought. Thank you in advance.

Tyron
19-04-2009, 13:34
The battle force would be a great addition.

tk7
19-04-2009, 13:36
More troops would be a must really. Do you have plans to try and stick to one of the Chaos legions, or going for a mix? Some berzerkers or plague marines would be a good addition.

Chaos marines are blessed with a good selection of troop choices, so have a look over the codex and see what fits with your ideas. Maybe also look at getting a rhino or two for your troops.

the-skylord
19-04-2009, 13:42
More troops, always useful. Get the battleforce, this gives you more troops plus a rhino.

Once you have more troops, more transport tanks may be a good idea.

JCOLL
19-04-2009, 14:50
Agreed. Def. get the battleforce, as it's a great deal and probably going to up in cost come June 1st. Plus you get a Rhino, 15 more troops (1 squad, 1 attack squad), 5 Chosen, and 8 Khorne Beserkers. Throw in a Pred and you should be pretty good for a standard force. May want to get another Termie lord to count as sorcerer or model your own. So many goodies with Chaos :)

Oh, most important...get the Codex :)

Skraal2099
19-04-2009, 18:55
Thank you everyone! @JCOLL: I already have the codex.

My chaos lord doesn't have terminator armor thought. He is a space marine captain that I converted. Should I get a terminator lord?

Hlokk
19-04-2009, 19:37
I would personally say, if you can afford it, get the battleforce, if you can't afford to get that, then drop 20 and get yourself some plague marines or some normal chaos marines. Troops are what are going to win you games. You can dump plague marines on an objective and their very hard to shift, or alternatively, chaos marines can be fitted out either for offence or defence so their quite flexible.

Terminator lord isnt a bad idea, im using one for my new world eaters. Mark of Khorne and daemon weapon = dead stuff in massive piles.

Skraal2099
19-04-2009, 20:19
Agreed. Def. get the battleforce, as it's a great deal and probably going to up in cost come June 1st. Plus you get a Rhino, 15 more troops (1 squad, 1 attack squad), 5 Chosen, and 8 Khorne Beserkers. Throw in a Pred and you should be pretty good for a standard force. May want to get another Termie lord to count as sorcerer or model your own. So many goodies with Chaos :)

Oh, most important...get the Codex :)

I thought the battleforce had 5 possesed marines, not chosen.

Grimmeth
19-04-2009, 20:28
Yes it does, 10 CSM, 5 man CSM Attack Squad, 5 Possessed, 8 Khorne Bezerkers and a Rhino.

It's a good starting force for any CSM army.