PDA

View Full Version : Cult lists

JasonS
19-04-2009, 14:59
Hi all I was thinking about somethign the other day and wanted to know if it's still around or not. I remember years ago there were Chaos cult lists and genestealer cult list you could make. They mainly had alot of cultist with some stolen Imperial armour and weapons. Never were really that effetive but tons of fun to make and model. Is there any way to make lists like this anymore? Seems reading alot of 40K books that is what the IG and marines fight the most so fluff wise it would be great. Thanks for your thought ans info.

the-skylord
19-04-2009, 14:59
Dont think there are anymore Cult lists now.

Mozzamanx
19-04-2009, 15:01
The easiest way to do it is to just use the Imperial Guard Codex, with custom models.

Legionary
19-04-2009, 15:49
Or Vraks. Use the Chaos Renegades list from Imperial Armour 5, and if your opponent won't agree to that then use the Guard codex.

totgeboren
19-04-2009, 15:55
I'm doing a Traitor Guard/Chaos cult army, using the new Codex IG.

Penal Troopers as Chaos Fanatics, Conscripts as Cultists, Ogres as Big Mutants, Guards as Traitor Guards.

I'm thinking about building a custom Chaos Marine as using him as Iron Hand Straken (he is a bad **** and gives Furious Charge to friendlies. Fits perfect for a Word Bearer Prophet, and the profile works well enough).

Also, Chenkov give units close by stubborn, so I'm gonna have him as a Chaos Demagogue, which fits perfect for his ability to recycle conscripts, meaning limitless mobs of cultists to drown your enemies in! :D

MrGiggles
19-04-2009, 15:56
Pretty much. My one buddy has a sizable Cult army and two of us decided that we wanted to try to smoke the cult. He had to use either three or four of the current books to make the army work. It was still a fun, killy game though.

JasonS
19-04-2009, 16:38
Thanks for all the ideas. I was thinking about using the new IG codex but vraks is a great idea I didn't think about. Thanks all.